Is jealousy a sign of love, attachment, dependency???

Poca

I'm asking because while having a conversation with someone, I was told that, if one does not have the feeling (even the slightest form ) of jealousy is because that person does not really care ( in a non friendship way).

Needless to say that I disagree.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Jealousy is a human function that isn't excusively tied to anything listed above. Friends feel it when someone else comes into the picture and distracts their friend from them. Siblings feel it when they no longer feel like they get the same attention they are used to or it's under threat. Romantically involved people feel it for various reasons, some rational and others not so much. You generally have to care about the relationship that you see being threatened to feel any form of jealousy.

Minxy

Jealousy is a harsh word...i would say a bit possessive or insecure, which i think is only natural that when u cherish someone or something, u would be a bit CONCERNED that it may fall into harms way...now if ur passive and just think, "oh noooooo, my man would never" then i think ur delusional...if ur "well, if they gone cheat they gone cheat and there's nothing i can do" then ur in denial or maybe u just dont really care enuff :drag:

Minxy

obviously to some and not others...i tend to be overly passionate and protective about what i care about..i seen to much fukrey happen to "unsuspecting" folks...u don't seem to be moved by much...were u deeply in love with ur baby daddy or he was aight

Poca

If " to be moved" means to make a spectacle of myself then you are right.

As far my ex-husband, I did not marry him to gain anything from him. So yes, it was a legit, regular and normal wedding.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
SLIGHT jealousy IMO can be a sign of love/attachment.

I know a guy who doesn't get jealous (or would never admit it). Cool dude but I do think he's a little bit cold and detached emotionally.

Minxy

so what if smaddy was trying to violate ur daughter in some way...would that not cause u to make a spectacle of urself?

BB...would u say u cherish ur wife just as much as ur children? I know i did with my husband...we were a family unit

Minxy

SLIGHT jealousy IMO can be a sign of love/attachment.

I know a guy who doesn't get jealous (or would never admit it). Cool dude but I do think he's a little bit cold and detached emotionally.
u'd have to be...or burnt so many times that u just don't care anymore

Poca

Not everyone is overly expressive and demonstrative with their emotions.

If something like that was happening to my child I think I would be as effective by shooting or stabbing the attacker as someone who would start screaming and losing it. The goal would be to stop the attack.

so what if smaddy was trying to violate ur daughter in some way...would that not cause u to make a spectacle of urself?

BB...would u say u cherish ur wife just as much as ur children? I know i did with my husband...we were a family unit

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
I don't think he was burnt. I think he values logic so much that sometimes he disengages from his emotions. He doesn't think logic and certain emotions can work well together. I personally disagree.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent

Violate would cause anger, concern and instincts to protect, not jealousy.

Absolutely I do. She is the only reason I have them. I would be a fool not to.

Poca

I am not sure if when you say "burn" you only refer to romantic relationship but I notice that you often make reference to that word.

I don't think that one needs to have been in a strong of disappointing romantic relationship to appear detach to people who wear their emotions on their sleeves. There are people who are really naturally reserved people.

Minxy

I don't think he was burnt. I think he values logic so much that sometimes he disengages from his emotions. He doesn't think logic and certain emotions can work well together. I personally disagree.
then he's never been in love because emotions are not always based on logic...shit wouldn't that be great! The heart and the mind do not always agree

Violate would cause anger, concern and instincts to protect, not jealousy.

Absolutely I do. She is the only reason I have them. I would be a fool not to.
well violate meaning, purposely trying to invade ur space...i don't mean physical harm

I am not sure if when you say "burn" you only refer to romantic relationship but I notice that you often make reference to that word.

I don't think that one needs to have been in a strong of disappointing romantic relationship to appear detach to people who wear their emotions on their sleeves. There are people who are really naturally reserved people.
no i don't, u have me confused :drag:...and yes ur right, and i tend to see detachment in a lot of hatian women now that u mention it...at least the ones in my life...hell i have to grab my step daughter and her mom when i hug them like, :mda:...daiz not a hug, this is a hug! lol But her younger daughter knows me and she gives it to me good! lol...yes, ima hugger

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
minx...what you talking about has nothing to do with jealousy....somehow you always have a different understanding of things

jealousy is a sign of dependency and insecurity....period

i got a story to tell of something that happened to me last night...think i will make a thread about it

Poca

Well, you did use the same word towards me when I responded to a thread about men some weeks ago. And it was not the first nor second time you had used it.

As far as Haitian women being detached, well I don't know. You do appear to be the kind of person who likes to be noticed and have all eyes on her. These kind of people often tend to be on the exuberant side and I am not like that at all.

then he's never been in love because emotions are not always based on logic...shit wouldn't that be great! The heart and the mind do not always agree

well violate meaning, purposely trying to invade ur space...i don't mean physical harm

no i don't, u have me confused :drag:...and yes ur right, and i tend to see detachment in a lot of hatian women now that u mention it...at least the ones in my life...hell i have to grab my step daughter and her mom when i hug them like, :mda:...daiz not a hug, this is a hug! lol But her younger daughter knows me and she gives it to me good! lol...yes, ima hugger

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
when i was younger, i was more apt to experience the occasional pang of jealousy, now i'm more laid back and unconcerned because at the end of the day, people will do what they want to do, why give yourself a stroke worrying about what coulda/shoulda/woulda happen.. either you trust the person and they violate your trust and prove that they untrustworthy or you trust them and they dont violate your trust... or you don't trust them and don't bother dealing with them... why play those mental games with yourself. Some people in relationshps use jealousy to exercise control over the other person or to make themselves feel secure.. as in "if he see anybody doing x, y,z, he going to eff them up"... true.. but same speed he could out your light or control you like a puppet on a string and if that's what it takes for you to feel secure, that in itself may be an issue.. i've been on the recieving end of jealousy and it is NOT a feeling that i enjoyed so to each his/her own.. daiz nuh my ting nah

Minxy

Somehow I eh gettin dis nah, sorry. Invade space how? Attempting to replace me? If is that I am not worried.
annoying ur wife with advances when they kno u are there and are her husband

minx...what you talking about has nothing to do with jealousy....somehow you always have a different understanding of things

jealousy is a sign of dependency and insecurity....period

i got a story to tell of something that happened to me last night...think i will make a thread about it
i don't like the word jealousy...i think its a cop out, or arrogant to say smaddy jealous of u...i mean really? :no2: