Jamaican broadcaster and comedian "Johnny" harassed by Trini immigration officers

robblaten

The video shows how professional Customs officers seen in most developed countries like the US operates. So, Jamaicans would not have issues with US customs, because they are trained to spot suspects.
So yes TNT airport is third world and the security needs training. For a country like that with so much problems,you would think they would have better things to do at the airport like doing their Jobs. For a country so rich, they should have drug sniffing dogs,working X-ray machines etc. Also, you are not reading about Trini being targeted for tit for tat by Jamaican Customs tells me that the the joint training with US and British Customs is working. Clearly more work needs to be done in JA as Jamaica made the list for producers/ transit countries for illegal drugs.

Major illicit drug-producing and/or drug-transit countries
Afghanistan
The Bahamas
Bolivia
Brazil
Burma
Colombia
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Guatemala
Haiti
India
Jamaica
Laos
Mexico
Nigeria
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Venezuela
This term 'Third World' serves no purpose other than the emotive. But, although I have not been to Trinidad, I am pretty certain it does not qualify for what most people have in mind when they use the term.

What I find sad is how so many of you Jamaicans react with anger and vitriol to anything said or done by anyone that reflects the realities of Jamaicans and their conduct abroad.

You turn anything said into an attack on the country of the person saying it. Instead you need to look at yourselves and some of the monstrous attitudes that are so prevalent in your country today, from homophobia, to a vast culture of lawlessness and dishonesty.

I know there are many decent Jamaicans and I know many of them. But your politicians of the 1970's murdered your prospects by engaging in garrison politics, shrinking the middle class and portraying Jamaica to the world and to itself in the image of the underclass. That image has stuck and is daily being exported in the hordes of ghetto trash being loosed on the airwaves as 'musicians' and 'artists'. THAT is what should make you angry, not the reactions of others.

Poca

The main question in my mind is that: if they had search their bags and saw no trace of contraband, did they have indications to follow through with the whole pat down thing. And to do the search of the person don't they need have reasonable grounds to suspect that this person is carrying illicit materials on him? Don't they need to put someone in detention to that?

Missmayling

This term 'Third World' serves no purpose other than the emotive. But, although I have not been to Trinidad, I am pretty certain it does not qualify for what most people have in mind when they use the term.

What I find sad is how so many of you Jamaicans react with anger and vitriol to anything said or done by anyone that reflects the realities of Jamaicans and their conduct abroad.

You turn anything said into an attack on the country of the person saying it. Instead you need to look at yourselves and some of the monstrous attitudes that are so prevalent in your country today, from homophobia, to a vast culture of lawlessness and dishonesty.

I know there are many decent Jamaicans and I know many of them. But your politicians of the 1970's murdered your prospects by engaging in garrison politics, shrinking the middle class and portraying Jamaica to the world and to itself in the image of the underclass. That image has stuck and is daily being exported in the hordes of ghetto trash being loosed on the airwaves as 'musicians' and 'artists'. THAT is what should make you angry, not the reactions of others.
Based on what i have read, the airport in Trinidad qualifies to be ranked as a third world airport because of their custom officials.

dedetriniking

Based on what i have read, the airport in Trinidad qualifies to be ranked as a third world airport because of their custom officials.
the man took a piece ah two by four tuh yuh skull and instead you still focusing on ah miniscule mosquito bite???

Well yes!

notorious saga

Sagattarius
If you feel you're not welcome in Trinidad stay the fock out plain and simple, Jamaicans get treated worst in other major countries but you don't hear them complaining in fact they're still buying plane tickets by the multitude to go to those countries. if you don't visit no love lost, keep yuh dancehall artists back in yuh yard as well.

Namey Namey

If you feel you're not welcome in Trinidad stay the fock out plain and simple, Jamaicans get treated worst in other major countries but you don't hear them complaining in fact they're still buying plane tickets by the multitude to go to those countries. if you don't visit no love lost, keep yuh dancehall artists back in yuh yard as well.
I agree with you 100% on that, I have no pitty for any Jamaican who goes to that place. As far as Jamaicans being treated worse in other major countries, I would love to see your proof.

robblaten

I have been all over the world, and all over the Caribbean. I have never seen a Caribbean airport that I would describe as Third World.

robblaten

I agree with you 100% on that, I have no pitty for any Jamaican who goes to that place. As far as Jamaicans being treated worse in other major countries, I would love to see your proof.
Are you kidding? The difference is that, to even embark for most major countries, Jamaicans need visas, which filters out the bad apples before the plane takes off!!!

And why do you think people from the rest of the region don't need visas to go to most major countries????????? Tell me honestly.

trinifrombx

The video shows how professional Customs officers seen in most developed countries like the US operates. So, Jamaicans would not have issues with US customs, because they are trained to spot suspects.
So yes TNT airport is third world and the security needs training. For a country like that with so much problems,you would think they would have better things to do at the airport like doing their Jobs. For a country so rich, they should have drug sniffing dogs,working X-ray machines etc. Also, you are not reading about Trini being targeted for tit for tat by Jamaican Customs tells me that the the joint training with US and British Customs is working. Clearly more work needs to be done in JA as Jamaica made the list for producers/ transit countries for illegal drugs.

Major illicit drug-producing and/or drug-transit countries
Afghanistan
The Bahamas
Bolivia
Brazil
Burma
Colombia
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Guatemala
Haiti
India
Jamaica
Laos
Mexico
Nigeria
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Venezuela

Lmao, wait, what part of Jamaica you from, and where did you get your schooling ?

first, you have some nerve calling someone's country Third World...when you were born in a Fourth World Country, wait, where you went to school again and what is the exchange rate ?

Drugs smuggling is a problem all over, noted the countries you listed.....you notice Once again Jamaica on the list, boi allyuh love the headlines!

Like the Yardie above said, stay in allyuh proud country, simple as that, this way we avoid all outcries , they don't like us!

Yeah, allyuh love going to folks country and fcuking it up, from Miami, Toronto, London, Bahamas, cayman, st. Kitts, Aruba, etc.....so again, if allyuh so proud, I ask again, why don't allyuh stay in allyuh proud land and build it up vs. trying to corrupt other places !

trinifrombx

This is why again they mad at Tessanne and all the other clean cut decent artists in Jamaica and the soca lovers from there!

Mento/calypso is part of their history, yet speak to a Jamaican , they have no Fcuking clue.

If it is not about beating up the pum pum , or daggerin it, spitting on it, or the endless ghetto, gun, badman lyrics, etc. you can't get a pass !

They, the trash and ghetto folks of Jamaica want people to buy into this image that everyone there is a shotta or some sort of badmon !

This is why countries like Cayman and Barbados are banning them, the image and the lowlives that they inflict on your country can cripple you.

trinifrombx

Are you kidding? The difference is that, to even embark for most major countries, Jamaicans need visas, which filters out the bad apples before the plane takes off!!!

And why do you think people from the rest of the region don't need visas to go to most major countries????????? Tell me honestly.
You are making way too much sense, even little Cayman, which was develop and at one point under the control of Jamaica is now requiring that all Jamaicans visiting Little Cayman require a visa to enter, that there speaks volume towards these lowlives out of Jamaica.

robblaten

You are making way too much sense, even little Cayman, which was develop and at one point under the control of Jamaica is now requiring that all Jamaicans visiting Little Cayman require a vista to enter, that there speaks volume towards these lowlives out of Jamaica.
while most Jamaicans in the Bahamas are housekeepers, it seems that the majority coming in these days are prostitutes, strippers and marijuana farmers who come to set up illegal fields in Andros.

I think it is WAY past time that we required visas for them, but the bonehead local government is too afraid of offending Caricom.

Missmayling

the only group from the region that can jump on a plane and go to developed countries without a visa would be the people that are still under Dutch, British, American and French control. Other from that with the exception of the UK, the other BWI nationals have to apply for a visas to visit or work in most major cities in North America, Europe, the middle East and Asia like the Jamaicans.

Missmayling

Lmao, wait, what part of Jamaica you from, and where did you get your schooling ?

first, you have some nerve calling someone's country Third World...when you were born in a Fourth World Country, wait, where you went to school again and what is the exchange rate ?

Drugs smuggling is a problem all over, noted the countries you listed.....you notice Once again Jamaica on the list, boi allyuh love the headlines!

Like the Yardie above said, stay in allyuh proud country, simple as that, this way we avoid all outcries , they don't like us!

Yeah, allyuh love going to folks country and fcuking it up, from Miami, Toronto, London, Bahamas, cayman, st. Kitts, Aruba, etc.....so again, if allyuh so proud, I ask again, why don't allyuh stay in allyuh proud land and build it up vs. trying to corrupt other places !
and you have some salty balls comparing US customs to what is seen at the airport in TNT. what a joke

robblaten

the only group from the region that can jump on a plane and go to developed countries without a visa would be the people that are still under Dutch, British, American and French control. Other from that with the exception of the UK, the other BWI nationals have to apply for a visas to visit or work in most major cities in North America, Europe, the middle East and Asia like the Jamaicans.
Where do you get your info from, woman? Bahamians can just jump on a plane and travel to any 'developed' country you care to name. Canada, the UK, USA (with a police record), France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, S. Korea, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland etc..........

The only countries Bahamians need visas to visit are Third World African ones and ex Soviet Republics.

Brazil, China and a few others require visas for Americans to enter but NOT for Bahamians. I believe the same can be said of Barbados, the OECS and maybe Trinidad.

ONLY Jamaica needs a visa to go even to the UK and Canada.

robblaten

And I just confirmed that Barbados, Antigua and St. Kitts passport holders also do not need visas to enter the Schengen States (continental Europe) or Canada.

Namey Namey

Where do you get your info from, woman? Bahamians can just jump on a plane and travel to any 'developed' country you care to name. Canada, the UK, USA (with a police record), France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, S. Korea, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland etc..........

The only countries Bahamians need visas to visit are Third World African ones and ex Soviet Republics.

Brazil, China and a few others require visas for Americans to enter but NOT for Bahamians. I believe the same can be said of Barbados, the OECS and maybe Trinidad.

ONLY Jamaica needs a visa to go even to the UK and Canada.
That some how makes you superior to Jamaicans? You people will grab at anything. It's a fact that there are bad Jamaicans that travel to these countries. Just as there are bad apples in any country in the world. Jamaica gets a lot of attention because we are more well known. The Bahamas in the 80's and 90's was known as a major transshipment hub for cocaine entering the US. Jamaica however got a lot of bad press in the 80's and 90's, we all know the media has a a lot of influence on how laws are made and how people are viewed. Visa restrictions were put in place to weed out the bad apples. Visa restrictions has not stopped any Jamaicans from traveling.

Jamaicans are not stopped in major airports in the world and told stuff like you Jamaicans this and you Jamaicans that. Jamaicans are not placed in a jail cells anywhere in the world, and then deported for no reason. There is a certain level of professionalism that these people have to adhere to. This only happens in small islands operated by small minded people who are not used to anything. They get a little positive attention about their economy, and suddenly they want to flex on the rest of the region, Jamaica in particular. Small islanders jumping on a forum and getting loud and shouting Jamaica, Jamaica is getting old and pathetic.

Namey Namey

And I just confirmed that Barbados, Antigua and St. Kitts passport holders also do not need visas to enter the Schengen States (continental Europe) or Canada.
Robblaten people from the Bahamas don't need visas to travel, you are superior to Jamaicans, how do you feel?

robblaten

That some how makes you superior to Jamaicans? You people will grab at anything. It's a fact that there are bad Jamaicans that travel to these countries. Just as there are bad apples in any country in the world. Jamaica gets a lot of attention because we are more well known. The Bahamas in the 80's and 90's was known as a major transshipment hub for cocaine entering the US. Jamaica however got a lot of bad press in the 80's and 90's, we all know the media has a a lot of influence on how laws are made and how people are viewed. Visa restrictions were put in place to weed out the bad apples. Visa restrictions has not stopped any Jamaicans from traveling.

Jamaicans are not stopped in major airports in the world and told stuff like you Jamaicans this and you Jamaicans that. Jamaicans are not placed in a jail cells anywhere in the world, and then deported for no reason. There is a certain level of professionalism that these people have to adhere to. This only happens in small islands operated by small minded people who are not used to anything. They get a little positive attention about their economy, and suddenly they want to flex on the rest of the region, Jamaica in particular. Small islanders jumping on a forum and getting loud and shouting Jamaica, Jamaica is getting old and pathetic.
I thought I set you straight (in another thread) on this 'small island' rubbish. Just one of our many islands is almost the size of Jamaica. Together they are 30% larger.