Jamaican broadcaster and comedian "Johnny" harassed by Trini immigration officers

Namey Namey

I thought I set you straight (in another thread) on this 'small island' rubbish. Just one of our many islands is almost the size of Jamaica. Together they are 30% larger.
I really don't have time for little children, but the word "smallie" has very little to do with the amount of small uninhabited islands that you piece together.

trinifrombx

That some how makes you superior to Jamaicans? You people will grab at anything. It's a fact that there are bad Jamaicans that travel to these countries. Just as there are bad apples in any country in the world. Jamaica gets a lot of attention because we are more well known. The Bahamas in the 80's and 90's was known as a major transshipment hub for cocaine entering the US. Jamaica however got a lot of bad press in the 80's and 90's, we all know the media has a a lot of influence on how laws are made and how people are viewed. Visa restrictions were put in place to weed out the bad apples. Visa restrictions has not stopped any Jamaicans from traveling.

Jamaicans are not stopped in major airports in the world and told stuff like you Jamaicans this and you Jamaicans that. Jamaicans are not placed in a jail cells anywhere in the world, and then deported for no reason. There is a certain level of professionalism that these people have to adhere to. This only happens in small islands operated by small minded people who are not used to anything. They get a little positive attention about their economy, and suddenly they want to flex on the rest of the region, Jamaica in particular. Small islanders jumping on a forum and getting loud and shouting Jamaica, Jamaica is getting old and pathetic.
Wow, operated by small minded ppl, I guess you don't travel a lot.

You act like only Jamaicans get stop, Hello, Hello, are you thinking ?

Smh, some allyuh swear it is all about you, guess what, it ain't.

Anyway, it is not up for debate, most Jamaicans are a cancer to where they land.

Missmayling

Where do you get your info from, woman? Bahamians can just jump on a plane and travel to any 'developed' country you care to name. Canada, the UK, USA (with a police record), France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, S. Korea, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland etc..........

The only countries Bahamians need visas to visit are Third World African ones and ex Soviet Republics.

Brazil, China and a few others require visas for Americans to enter but NOT for Bahamians. I believe the same can be said of Barbados, the OECS and maybe Trinidad.

ONLY Jamaica needs a visa to go even to the UK and Canada.
You are like a broken record. Visiting Visas are required by some nationals because of political and economic reasons. Brazil for example, require US citizen to have a visa simply for tit for tat retaliation. I didnt know Bahamians need to travel to the US with their police record to visit. LOL!!

Missmayling

And I just confirmed that Barbados, Antigua and St. Kitts passport holders also do not need visas to enter the Schengen States (continental Europe) or Canada.
Thank goodness for Google. Btw what are the numbers of St. kittians, Antiguans and Bajans that tend to visit these countries on a yearly basis?? 10? please google this info and let us know.

Missmayling

That some how makes you superior to Jamaicans? You people will grab at anything. It's a fact that there are bad Jamaicans that travel to these countries. Just as there are bad apples in any country in the world. Jamaica gets a lot of attention because we are more well known. The Bahamas in the 80's and 90's was known as a major transshipment hub for cocaine entering the US. Jamaica however got a lot of bad press in the 80's and 90's, we all know the media has a a lot of influence on how laws are made and how people are viewed. Visa restrictions were put in place to weed out the bad apples. Visa restrictions has not stopped any Jamaicans from traveling.

Jamaicans are not stopped in major airports in the world and told stuff like you Jamaicans this and you Jamaicans that. Jamaicans are not placed in a jail cells anywhere in the world, and then deported for no reason. There is a certain level of professionalism that these people have to adhere to. This only happens in small islands operated by small minded people who are not used to anything. They get a little positive attention about their economy, and suddenly they want to flex on the rest of the region, Jamaica in particular. Small islanders jumping on a forum and getting loud and shouting Jamaica, Jamaica is getting old and pathetic.
:fan_1:

Missmayling

while most jamaicans in the bahamas are housekeepers, it seems that the majority coming in these days are prostitutes, strippers and marijuana farmers who come to set up illegal fields in andros.

i think it is way past time that we required visas for them, but the bonehead local government is too afraid of offending caricom.
i did not start that. I was merely replying to a misinformed post by missmayling.
hmmm

robblaten

You are like a broken record. Visiting Visas are required by some nationals because of political and economic reasons. Brazil for example, require US citizen to have a visa simply for tit for tat retaliation. I didnt know Bahamians need to travel to the US with their police record to visit. LOL!!
The police record is an old relic of the system of preclearance, which only The Bahamas, Aruba, Bermuda and a few others have with USA. The fact is we DO NOT need a visa, because, unlike you, we do not have a history of carrying on badly in other people's countries.

The bigger point you miss (when you talk about Brazil etc.) is that The Bahamas, and some other regional countries, is viewed as a VERY LOW RISK of trying to emigrate or overstay or of generally being a problem country. So much so that if a Jamaican or anyone else has a work permit in the Bahamas, they can also get a visa very easily to the USA.

The point you Jamaicans keep dodging, running from and trying to ignore is that your problems of perception etc. ARE HOME MADE and you need look to nobody else with anger about them. Look inside.

If Trinidad keeps 'harassing' Jamaicans it is because, unlike the USA and like my country, Trinidad has extended to Jamaica the courtesy of visa free travel and they have paid the price for it, with overstaying and undesirables coming to their country.

Just what does it take for such simple things to get through to you?????

Missmayling

The police record is an old relic of the system of preclearance, which only The Bahamas, Aruba, Bermuda and a few others have with USA. The fact is we DO NOT need a visa, because, unlike you, we do not have a history of carrying on badly in other people's countries.

The bigger point you miss (when you talk about Brazil etc.) is that The Bahamas, and some other regional countries, is viewed as a VERY LOW RISK of trying to emigrate or overstay or of generally being a problem country. So much so that if a Jamaican or anyone else has a work permit in the Bahamas, they can also get a visa very easily to the USA.

The point you Jamaicans keep dodging, running from and trying to ignore is that your problems of perception etc. ARE HOME MADE and you need look to nobody else with anger about them. Look inside.

If Trinidad keeps 'harassing' Jamaicans it is because, unlike the USA and like my country, Trinidad has extended to Jamaica the courtesy of visa free travel and they have paid the price for it, with overstaying and undesirables coming to their country.

Just what does it take for such simple things to get through to you?????
tell me more about these undesirable immigrants or visitors to Trinidad ??

trinifrombx

tell me more about these undesirable immigrants or visitors to Trinidad ??
You know it all too well, it is now immigrants from Jamaica an elsewhere causing out crime problems.

The sad part in all of this is that you Jamaicans fail to acknowledged any ownership of allyuh behavior within Jamaica or outside.

Again, like Namey stated........no pity.....if you feel you can do better and your Govt is doing right by you, then stay there no reasons to leave.

You want to get mad at another country for enforcing their immigration laws whether you agree with their policies or not, smh. ALLYUH good yes.

Missmayling

You know it all too well, it is now immigrants from Jamaica an elsewhere causing out crime problems.

The sad part in all of this is that you Jamaicans fail to acknowledged any ownership of allyuh behavior within Jamaica or outside.

Again, like Namey stated........no pity.....if you feel you can do better and your Govt is doing right by you, then stay there no reasons to leave.

You want to get mad at another country for enforcing their immigration laws whether you agree with their policies or not, smh. ALLYUH good ye
s.
where in any of my messages did I come across has being mad. You made a stupid comparison of US customs with what you call professional security at TNT airport. we should complain about US treatment of jamaicans ? I have passed through security in Israel, US,Russia, China, Egypt, Jamaica etc and those officers do not have time to play games. I was at airports with the latest technology,dogs, undercover agents, cameras etc and never heard of people being searched like that.
Airports with professionals men and women that were well trained, courteous and follow international laws of safe passage. What that means is that you do not harass or harm a passenger simply based on race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or religion. Again, this is why you are not reading of Trinis being targeted in JA. That type of unprofessional behavior I would expect to see at the airport if I was visiting Congo not a rich country like TNT. Rich country with a third world security force.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
where in any of my messages did I come across has being mad. You made a stupid comparison of US customs with what you call professional security at TNT airport. we should complain about US treatment of jamaicans ? I have passed through security in Israel, US,Russia, China, Egypt, Jamaica etc and those officers do not have time to play games. I was at airports with the latest technology,dogs, undercover agents, cameras etc and never heard of people being searched like that.
Airports with professionals men and women that were well trained, courteous and follow international laws of safe passage. What that means is that you do not harass or harm a passenger simply based on race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or religion. Again, this is why you are not reading of Trinis being targeted in JA. That type of unprofessional behavior I would expect to see at the airport if I was visiting Congo not a rich country like TNT. Rich country with a third world security force.
All those countries you just named would make great destinations for Jamaicans to visit instead of Trinidad, it would be great if you could pass on your experiences with your fellow Jamaicans so this would eliminate Trinidad from having to kick dem weh like maga dawgs.

Missmayling

All those countries you just named would make great destinations for Jamaicans to visit instead of Trinidad, it would be great if you could pass on your experiences with your fellow Jamaicans so this would eliminate Trinidad from having to kick dem weh like maga dawgs.

dedetriniking

Yardies is we brethren though. Both sides can make a better effort to understand the other. Yardies can do with some introspection and folks from other countries need to understand that words can hurt those who are not the criminal types.

Poca

To be honest though, you do not seem to be the kind to do introspection either. Wasn't it the other day when you blamed immigrants when discussion your country's woes?

Yardies is we brethren though. Both sides can make a better effort to understand the other. Yardies can do with some introspection and folks from other countries need to understand that words can hurt those who are not the criminal types.

dedetriniking

To be honest though, you do not seem to be the kind to do introspection either. Wasn't it the other day when you blamed immigrants when discussion your country's woes?
How does your real or imagined observation of me relate to the subject matter of this thread?