Jamaicans calling for a BOYCOTT of Trinidad

so here it goes, without proper investigation as to why the people were denied, I am sure other Jamaicans were allowed entry.

they are calling for a boycott of Trinidad products and rounds up trinis and deport them

Now if Jamaica really boycotts us and leave CARICOM, it will hurt them more than it hurts anyone else

so if TNT do a trade and business retaliation and pull out all our interests over there, this will affect their employment levels etc

SO this whole thing is dumb and need to stop

the kind of comments coming from both sides is SAD SAD SAD

dedetriniking

Here is the story in the jamaican observer. Through all the anger that comes through in the comments i can also sense a lot of hurt.

I suppose I would be hurt if it was the other way around. A country should hold to whatever standards it has in place for immigration and visitors but again i can understand the anger and hurt coming from the jamaicans.

Stay out! - 13 Jamaicans turned away from Trinidad - News - JamaicaObserver.com

so here it goes, without proper investigation as to why the people were denied, I am sure other Jamaicans were allowed entry.

they are calling for a boycott of Trinidad products and rounds up trinis and deport them

Now if Jamaica really boycotts us and leave CARICOM, it will hurt them more than it hurts anyone else

so if TNT do a trade and business retaliation and pull out all our interests over there, this will affect their employment levels etc

SO this whole thing is dumb and need to stop

the kind of comments coming from both sides is SAD SAD SAD

str8_talk

Devine
i would love to here why our officers turned away the little girl tho... child was coming to see her father for pete's sake!! #confused

dedetriniking

yeah coming to see she father in the middle of the school term?

hmm maybe coming to join she father to live
So what? Its her father and he is a trini. That should be enough to admit her.
Look, i understand the need to keep out people that would be up to no good but at least the little girl could have stayed. I totally understand why the Jamaicans are upset.

So what? Its her father and he is a trini. That should be enough to admit her.
Look, i understand the need to keep out people that would be up to no good but at least the little girl could have stayed. I totally understand why the Jamaicans are upset.
you understand? now go live there with them

GET THE FACTS B4 jumping out u self

dedetriniking

its wine down fridayzzzzzz! Yuh didn know???

anyway it doesn't smell right....especially turning back the little girl. At least try to reach her father.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
It would seem they just doing whaeva dey feel like because there is no justification for it. Dat eh no different than if they were to turn away an american born 2nd generation Trini which they would never dare do.

UK, US and Canada fling out thousands of JA nationals every year and nobody neva boycott dem yet
because to them, its dutty small island, trinidad who do it

and the comments all over the web say that all the other islands hate them and jealous of em

i dont know if the immigration right or wrong but if a plane came in from jamaica, what is the likelihood that only 13 were jamaican and they only target these thirteen, there more than likely was a lot more jamaicans who were allowed to pass through

ofcourse i am sure there are at least three flights coming from jamaica each week

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
UK, US and Canada fling out thousands of JA nationals every year and nobody neva boycott dem yet
:drinks: Looks like you have seen the movie about it.

Home Again Trailer
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NYMaOS0_GpM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe the real reason for the Boycott call is because T&T cut JA's tail twice in the recent football games both at home and away (which is really home as well when you think about it).

Trinidad & Tobago beats Jamaica yet again as Soca dominates Reggae
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Fpfp6zrgbJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nevertheless all these islands are part of the United Islands of Trinidad so I believe our government was totally irresponsible not allowing subjects from the other islands that we control from travelling freely back and forth to the Capital.

We really need to get rid of our dotish PP government currently in charge of running things in T&T before they do too much damage to our good relationships with these other island states we control.

PS: The heading of this thread should be reworded "Jamaicans calling for a BOYCOTT of their Capital". :beach:

Poca

And that makes those officers' actions ok?

Also, I don't know for the other countries but in Canadian immigration officers do not refuse people entry without reason. They do not fling people out.