Lebron James is the man.....

TheEducator

Huh....the coach....the man execute well.....you do understand they are playing the defending NBA champions, and Lebron is on a mission, the prior shot they hack him on his hand with the ball....yet he still power his way in!

There is really nothing here to second guess, the ball was placed in the hands of the world's greatest player....they spread the floor....Bosh ran to the corner, and Lebron delivered , end of story, it could of gone anyway!

Greatness stepped up, did what a superstar does, hit the big shot! And win.
There was no one there to protect the rim. I've never seen a coach take out their defensive anchor at the end of game situation before where the score is tied. Vogel screwed up.

NASDAQ

How many championships a player has to earn for you to consider him a great player or even in the same league as those players? t Is it only about Championships? How many Championships does Bill Russell have..?

There are great players with no championships. Lebron has done more than enough in his a lost 10 year career to be considered a great player
Lebron is on his way to being a great player, right now he’s a dominant player. He was scared to take the big shot but he’s gotten over that fear. He has not done enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan and Bryant. But I thnk he will, he’s an amazing player. It’s not just bout rings, it’s about all around greatness, and making your teammates better. When he doesn’t have the caliber of support he has will determine how he’s viewed in the end. Jordan had pippen and rodman. Lebron had wade and bosh. But rings do play a big part, RINGS determine where u are ranked after all that’s what the game is about. and Russell is considered to be the best by some
Barkley will go down and a great player but as more players win rings he will be pushed out of the top 50

NASDAQ

he will be, probably better. He's mastered way more different types of shots than both and he's already a better defender than Jordan was.
hopefully he never has any major injuries to battle back from.. but yes he's on his way there

TheEducator

Lebron is on his way to being a great player, right now he’s a dominant player. He was scared to take the big shot but he’s gotten over that fear. He has not done enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Jordan and Bryant. But I thnk he will, he’s an amazing player. It’s not just bout rings, it’s about all around greatness, and making your teammates better. When he doesn’t have the caliber of support he has will determine how he’s viewed in the end. Jordan had pippen and rodman. Lebron had wade and bosh. But rings do play a big part, RINGS determine where u are ranked after all that’s what the game is about. and Russell is considered to be the best by some
Barkley will go down and a great player but as more players win rings he will be pushed out of the top 50
I'm a huge Kobe fan and you are dead wrong. Lebron is a GREAT player and is already top 10 all time. His peak is much higher than Kobe's. Kobe was never as consistent, dominant and smart as current Lebron.

Lebron not being clutch is just another bs narrative. Lebron has always been consistently one of the top clutch performers.

Rings aren't everything. A TEAM wins those rings. Not one INDIVIDUAL player. I saw Kobe be the best player in the NBA for 2 straight years and he couldn't even get out of the first round, because his teammates sucked.

Rings don't determine where you are ranked. It's combination of stats, level of play, accomplishments and achievements.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
I'm a huge Kobe fan and you are dead wrong. Lebron is a GREAT player and is already top 10 all time. His peak is much higher than Kobe's. Kobe was never as consistent, dominant and smart as current Lebron.

Lebron not being clutch is just another bs narrative. Lebron has always been consistently one of the top clutch performers.

Rings aren't everything. A TEAM wins those rings. Not one INDIVIDUAL player. I saw Kobe be the best player in the NBA for 2 straight years and he couldn't even get out of the first round, because his teammates sucked.

Rings don't determine where you are ranked. It's combination of stats, level of play, accomplishments and achievements.
Great point......glad you know the game.....btw....this might be way before your time...imo.....I feel DJ J was the greatest all around player....he put the B in Ballin the S in style. ..the F in Finesse.....then Jordan......I would put Magic also in front of Jorgan...but like some pointed you...the benchmark...how many rings.....he got it on lock. By far imo Magic was the ultimate team player...and a real baller !

Back to this...imo without second guessing the couch...it seems this is personal, he did this last year to Hibbert....take him out.

If they don't win the series...they will fire him...at least I would.

NASDAQ

top 10 u say..i'd like to see your top 10 list. Lebron aint great ..YET. The man win a ring and yall lose yall flipping minds. we will see, what happens in the next 4-5 years. i'm not crowning him but i'm not downing him either. I just feel like he still have more to prove. Always clutch my foot, Lebron was scared to take the last shot.. he scared to enter the dunk out too LOL

name one person that dont have a ring thats ranked in the top 10, RINGS matter.. keep fooling yourself.

everybody remembers, George Gervin, Karl Malone and reggie miller..even Ewing but nobody will rank them high on the greatest list over players with rings.

TheEducator

top 10 u say..i'd like to see your top 10 list. Lebron aint great ..YET. The man win a ring and yall lose yall flipping minds. we will see, what happens in the next 4-5 years. i'm not crowning him but i'm not downing him either. I just feel like he still have more to prove. Always clutch my foot, Lebron was scared to take the last shot.. he scared to enter the dunk out too LOL

name one person that dont have a ring thats ranked in the top 10, RINGS matter.. keep fooling yourself.

everybody remembers, George Gervin, Karl Malone and reggie miller..even Ewing but nobody will rank them high on the greatest list over players with rings.
George Gervin? REGGIE MILLER? Reggie Miller was not even as good as Ray Allen. Even with a ring no one in their right mind would have him anywhere near the top 50. Miller did one thing well and that was shoot the ball. Being a 18 point scorer is hardly impressive.

Ewing was overrated because he played in New York. Look at the Melo hype. If you didn't know better you would think he is a top 3 player.

Karl Malone was in most people's top 15 until recently. (Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Dirk and Kobe)

Winning a ring isn't the be all and end all. Its multiple factors that go into player rankings.

Again I'll say this. A CHAMPIONSHIP is a TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.

How can you hold it against a player that he didn't win a ring, because he was surrounded by garbage?

How is this NOT a top 10 NBA resume? Name 10 players with a better resume.

NBA champion (2012)
NBA Finals MVP (2012)
4× NBA Most Valuable Player (2009–2010, 2012–2013)
9× NBA All-Star (2005–2013)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
NBA scoring champion (2008)
6× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008–2012)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
5× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009–2013)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)

Career averages of 27.6/7.3/6.9

Lebron not being clutch is BS. Look at all the clutch stats. Lebron is always ranked near the top, better yet WATCH the games and stop listening to Skip Bayless. League Pass isn't that expensive.

My Top 9 ranking. In no particular order

Michael Jordan
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Magic Johnson*
Hakeem Olajuwon
Kareem Abul-Jabber
Larry Bird*

Its a toss up for the 10th spot. You can make arguments for several players.

I don't think Bird and Magic would be as good in this era. They lack the athleticism to keep up with today's players.

Bill Russell is overrated. He won championships when the league only had 8 teams and majority of the league was 5'10 white guys. He had trouble scoring around the basketball even though he was the tallest player on the court most of the time. Won a few championships by averaging 10 points. But people don't know these facts. So that's why he is in most people's top 10. They just see 11 rings.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
George Gervin? REGGIE MILLER? Reggie Miller was not even as good as Ray Allen. Even with a ring no one in their right mind would have him anywhere near the top 50. Miller did one thing well and that was shoot the ball. Being a 18 point scorer is hardly impressive.

Ewing was overrated because he played in New York. Look at the Melo hype. If you didn't know better you would think he is a top 3 player.

Karl Malone was in most people's top 15 until recently. (Duncan, Garnett, Lebron, Dirk and Kobe)

Winning a ring isn't the be all and end all. Its multiple factors that go into player rankings.

Again I'll say this. A CHAMPIONSHIP is a TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.

How can you hold it against a player that he didn't win a ring, because he was surrounded by garbage?

How is this NOT a top 10 NBA resume? Name 10 players with a better resume.

NBA champion (2012)
NBA Finals MVP (2012)
4× NBA Most Valuable Player (2009–2010, 2012–2013)
9× NBA All-Star (2005–2013)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
NBA scoring champion (2008)
6× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008–2012)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
5× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009–2013)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)

Career averages of 27.6/7.3/6.9

Lebron not being clutch is BS. Look at all the clutch stats. Lebron is always ranked near the top, better yet WATCH the games and stop listening to Skip Bayless. League Pass isn't that expensive.

My Top 9 ranking. In no particular order

Michael Jordan
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Magic Johnson*
Hakeem Olajuwon
Kareem Abul-Jabber
Larry Bird*

Its a toss up for the 10th spot. You can make arguments for several players.

I don't think Bird and Magic would be as good in this era. They lack the athleticism to keep up with today's players.

Bill Russell is overrated. He won championships when the league only had 8 teams and majority of the league was 5'10 white guys. He had trouble scoring around the basketball even though he was the tallest player on the court most of the time. Won a few championships by averaging 10 points. But people don't know these facts. So that's why he is in most people's top 10. They just see 11 rings.
Where would you place DR J......Julius Erving.?....any talk of him not in the top three in any generation is absurd!

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
Ratings have dropped 30%

People really like the Celtics/Lakers/Bulls rivalry

Nobody wants to see anybody play the Spurs I guess. They win alot with their boring style of play though.
spurs are one of the few teams I hate
Utah being the only one I hate more
Yes, I will be a heat fan during the finals, strangely enough

NASDAQ

@ TheEducator

Winning the chip is a TEAM achievement but unless u have at least one or two DOMINANT players it CAN'T happen.
Bron was surrounded by garbage on the cavs and I don’t hold it against him for leaving, I don’t hate him I just think people rush to crown him.
As soon as he won his first ring Barkley was like “Lebron James is the greatest player ever”.. WTF really all it took was just one ring huh?
Lebron is a freak of nature and it’s amazing to watch him take over games and there’s nothing nobody can do about it when he’s in that zone. He keeps crushing my Bulls lol but I love the challenge of trying to beat the heat
When it’s all said and done he will be one of the names debated for best ever.
I just think it’s too soon

Ewing was overrated but he’s going down as a top 50 greatest. C’mon dude, there isnt a single player that would say “ nah I don’t really care that I didn’t win a ring”
They will play it off got TV but deep down it matters. U can win everything else all the other titles..but that Ring ..THAT RING is like Smeagle from lord of the rings. the Precious

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Michael Jordan
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Magic Johnson*
Hakeem Olajuwon
Kareem Abul-Jabber
Larry Bird*
So what about Wilt Chamberlain, John Stockton (who is probably the best point guard ever), Julius Erving

I don't see how you can have Duncan and Shaq on that list. And you cant have Kareem on that list and not have Wilt.

Just like I mentioned earlier, it's tough to discuss the best NBA players going across positions. It's pretty much impossible.

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
So what about Wilt Chamberlain, John Stockton (who is probably the best point guard ever), Julius Erving

I don't see how you can have Duncan and Shaq on that list. And you cant have Kareem on that list and not have Wilt.

Just like I mentioned earlier, it's tough to discuss the best NBA players going across positions. It's pretty much impossible.

Jerry West, Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, etc.

TheEducator

Where would you place DR J......Julius Erving.?....any talk of him not in the top three in any generation is absurd!
I try to stay away from ranking players from that era, because the game was so different back then. The game and the players have evolved a lot. He is usually ranked in the top 20 all-time.

@ TheEducator

Winning the chip is a TEAM achievement but unless u have at least one or two DOMINANT players it CAN'T happen.
Bron was surrounded by garbage on the cavs and I don’t hold it against him for leaving, I don’t hate him I just think people rush to crown him.
As soon as he won his first ring Barkley was like “Lebron James is the greatest player ever”.. WTF really all it took was just one ring huh?
Lebron is a freak of nature and it’s amazing to watch him take over games and there’s nothing nobody can do about it when he’s in that zone. He keeps crushing my Bulls lol but I love the challenge of trying to beat the heat
When it’s all said and done he will be one of the names debated for best ever.
I just think it’s too soon

Ewing was overrated but he’s going down as a top 50 greatest. C’mon dude, there isnt a single player that would say “ nah I don’t really care that I didn’t win a ring”
They will play it off got TV but deep down it matters. U can win everything else all the other titles..but that Ring ..THAT RING is like Smeagle from lord of the rings. the Precious
I actually agree with most of what you said. What Barkley means is if you take current Lebron and put him up against anyone in NBA history in an NBA game he is as good or better and I agree. He is not talking about careers. He is talking about actual game play.

I don't know how you can say a player that routinely puts up 28/7/7 on 50% + FG and who already has 4 MVPS isn't a great player. That's asinine. He already has a top 15 resume. Only a handful of players have the accomplishments and achievements Lebron already has at 28.

In the last 15 years alone we've seen 4 point guards as good or better than John Stockton. Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Gary Payton and Chris Paul. John Stockton wasn't even better than his own teammate Karl Malone who is not top 10. So there is no way in hell Stockton is top 10. Stop it.

Wilt Chamberlain dominated in an era where majority of the league was white. Just like Russell did. There is no way in hell Wilt would average 50/27 in this era. Put Lebron, Kobe, Shaq, Duncan etc. in that era and they would dominate just as much if not more so.
Jerry West, Rick Barry, Elgin Baylor, etc.
Go on youtube and watch games of those guys and come back and tell me if they would be superstars in this era.

Jerry West would be no better than JJ Reddjck. It sounds funny, but its true. Watch the tape.

I would like to see a non-athletic 6'2 white guard check Kobe, Lebron, Wade and the other boys from this era.

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
Jerry West would be no better than JJ Reddjck. It sounds funny, but its true. Watch the tape.

I would like to see a non-athletic 6'2 white guard check Kobe, Lebron, Wade and the other boys from this era.
yeah, and guys today would be able to play James Naismith's peach basket game back in 18whatevertheyear was?

smh

unless you know of a timemachine none of the comparisons make sens

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
In the last 15 years alone we've seen 4 point guards as good or better than John Stockton. Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Gary Payton and Chris Paul. John Stockton wasn't even better than his own teammate Karl Malone who is not top 10. So there is no way in hell Stockton is top 10. Stop it.
You can't be serious. NONE of the people you listed can touch Stockton. Look at his assists and steal records. Jason Kidd has played longer and still not even close to Stockton's assist record. And the rest of them are not even close. Stockton is the record holder for steals as well. Once again Kidd is second but not even close. His records will not be touched for a LONG time and not by anyone on the list that you gave. Only knock on Stockton is that he did not win a title.

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
I know he's never mentioned amongst the greats, but the glove, Gary Payton, was one of the best defenders at the guard position....
And yeah, as much as I hate the jazz, Stockton and Malone were possibly one of the greatest one two punches ever...

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
I know he's never mentioned amongst the greats, but the glove, Gary Payton, was one of the best defenders at the guard position....
And yeah, as much as I hate the jazz, Stockton and Malone were possibly one of the greatest one two punches ever...
Gary Payton was one of the best defenders. I never liked the Jazz either but I always felt bad for those two. Its like always the brides maid and never the bride. But they had no supporting cast.

I mean it's easy to get caught up in who is the best this and best that but back in the day (and I know I sounding old) there were better teams. I mean would Jordan be as great if he didn't have Pippen, Paxon, Grant, Cartwright, Rodman, and Armstrong. Look at Magic with Kareem, Rambis, Worthy, Cooper, and McAdoo. Even Bird with McHale, Parrish, Ainge, and DJ.

But now you have a shift in the NBA where these individuals now see that a individual can't win it all by themselves. Which is why you had James and Bosh go to the Heat and Anthony going to the Knicks and the big three in Boston. I think that is why viewership is declining in the NBA because this generation is more into the individual concept. Who can score the most points or who is getting posterized. The Team concept is for lack of a better term "boring" to this generation.

Mr Mercy

Banned
Easily. Melo's volume scoring isn't more valuable than George's all around play.
Well lets see Gorge didn't make first or second team. Why do you think Carmelo was chosen ahead of him to make the NBA second team. Notice even Blake Griffin made the team. Four forwards made first, second team but no George. You are rating him higher than what he deserves at the moment

James received all 119 votes for the first team from a panel of sports writers and broadcasters throughout the U.S. and Canada. Joining the league's MVP and Bryant on the first team Thursday were Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, San Antonio center Tim Duncan and Clippers guard Chris Paul.

Bryant tied Utah Hall of Famer Karl Malone with his 11th first-team nod.

NBA scoring leader Carmelo Anthony led the second team, joined by guards Russell Westbrook and Tony Parker, center Marc Gasol and forward Blake Griffin.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9305393/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-voted-all-nba-first-team