Lebron James is the man.....

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
I try to stay away from ranking players from that era, because the game was so different back then. The game and the players have evolved a lot. He is usually ranked in the top 20 all-time.
Huh...how so....you mean like the Bob Cousy era, that I can understand !

DR J IMO...and a lot of fans place him in top three, I have him as # 1

BTw....just in case you forgot ! ...which I doubt...but, check this, Only, Jordan is this nice...and Jordan said that is who he Xerox !

Check 3:58....who is nicer than him ?

Julius Erving Mix - The Doctor

When we are talking about showtime, hangtime, Ballin,
finesse, greatest, etc....we have to have him in any top 3 talk !

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DebtVv87jDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Collie4Nyah

Ganjalero
We could argue for days (or even the rest of the yr), but it all comes down to what style of basketball yuh prefer, which is why more times its a PANEL of voters that decides 1st team, 2nd team, top 50, etc.
I prefer a versatile player like Magic, very few can play all 5 positions. which is why I rate Lamar Odom (when he actually motivates himself).
Anyway....
It's GAMETIME!!!!
Missed game 1, so I got no reference point as to how these teams match up :scratch

TheEducator

Well lets see Gorge didn't make first or second team. Why do you think Carmelo was chosen ahead of him to make the NBA second team. Notice even Blake Griffin made the team. Four forwards made first, second team but no George. You are rating him higher than what he deserves at the moment
I have to question anyone's basketball IQ if they believe Carmelo is better than Paul George. George is a better defender (top 3 perimeter defender in the NBA), better passer, better playermaker, better decision maker and a better rebounder. Carmelo is better at scoring, that's it.

The media decides those all-nba teams.

Kobe was on the 3rd team in 2005. Are you going to argue that Ray Allen, Iverson, Wade and Nash were all better than him? Kobe was on the 2nd team in 2001 even though he was widely regarded as a top 3 player.

The media doesn't always get these teams right.

TheEducator

You can't be serious. NONE of the people you listed can touch Stockton. Look at his assists and steal records. Jason Kidd has played longer and still not even close to Stockton's assist record. And the rest of them are not even close. Stockton is the record holder for steals as well. Once again Kidd is second but not even close. His records will not be touched for a LONG time and not by anyone on the list that you gave. Only knock on Stockton is that he did not win a title.
Stockton had great longevity, but you are clearly overrating him if you think he was much better than those guys.

Chris Paul is better than Stockton. Before he blew out his knee in 2010 he had back to back seasons of

21.1/11.6/4.0/2.7

22.8/11.0/5.5/2.8

The only point guard in NBA history to put those kind of numbers was a prime Magic Johnson.

Nash, Payton and Kidd all have solid cases for being better also. They are in the same tier man.

TheEducator

Huh...how so....you mean like the Bob Cousy era, that I can understand !

DR J IMO...and a lot of fans place him in top three, I have him as # 1

BTw....just in case you forgot ! ...which I doubt...but, check this, Only, Jordan is this nice...and Jordan said that is who he Xerox !

Check 3:58....who is nicer than him ?

Julius Erving Mix - The Doctor

When we are talking about showtime, hangtime, Ballin,
finesse, greatest, etc....we have to have him in any top 3 talk !

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DebtVv87jDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I don't think he was a better perimeter player than Kobe, Lebron or Jordan. I would put peak Wade, Durant, Bird, peak McGrady over him also.

The game changed a lot. Defensive schemes are a lot better, the pace has slowed down considerably, the 3 point shot is used a lot more, players are bigger and more athletic.

Mr Mercy

Banned
I have to question anyone's basketball IQ if they believe Carmelo is better than Paul George. George is a better defender (top 3 perimeter defender in the NBA), better passer, better playermaker, better decision maker and a better rebounder. Carmelo is better at scoring, that's it.

The media decides those all-nba teams.

Kobe was on the 3rd team in 2005. Are you going to argue that Ray Allen, Iverson, Wade and Nash were all better than him? Kobe was on the 2nd team in 2001 even though he was widely regarded as a top 3 player.

The media doesn't always get these teams right.
Question most people who watch the game. Question the league who chose Carmelo in the most recent all NBA teams. Continue to question..

Its your opinion against others

pennywhine

My dark horse in all of this is Tim Duncan and the Spurs,year in,year out that dude and his geriatric cast as some like to refer to them as ....BRINGS IT!

SO SPURS IN 7:rabbi:

sidenote: Lebron to me is the man right now,but cannot compare to MJ,the difference is the Mental!

TheEducator

Question most people who watch the game. Question the league who chose Carmelo in the most recent all NBA teams. Continue to question..

Its your opinion against others
Most people who watch the games will tell you Kobe is the best ever. Some fans aren't objective. Melo is a big name and will get a lot of media attention. So people overrate him.

Look at this poll on realgm.

Paul George is winning.

RealGM • View topic - Paul George vs Carmelo Anthony?

NASDAQ

I think that is why viewership is declining in the NBA because this generation is more into the individual concept. Who can score the most points or who is getting posterized. The Team concept is for lack of a better term "boring" to this generation.
u aint never lied.. my saturday night pickup basketball games with them young boys is like this.

When one side looses… some argument start and all u hear is..

how much u had?.... how much u had?.... I had all the first 12 points for my team… nobody else was scoring. I had all the points.

I’m sitting there thinking to myself.. so when u was standing half court playing NO D..i wasn’t covering my man and yours?.. so I didn’t steal the ball and pass it to u on more than on occassion?

They don’t care about blocks, rebounds and stops… it’s all about how many points they had

sankofaa

He had a bad game 7, but he is still better than Carmelo.
you're out of you're mind. because the guy plays slightly better defense than melo you're saying he's better than a virtually unstopable scorer?? Or are you saying that because he has more well rounded squad that got him further in the play offs?

Ayisyen

you're out of you're mind. because the guy plays slightly better defense than melo you're saying he's better than a virtually unstopable scorer?? Or are you saying that because he has more well rounded squad that got him further in the play offs?
Exactly. Paul George has done very well this season, but he has only played three seasons. Paul George simply hasn't played long enough to show what level he can play consistently at, he def has potential and if he stays focused, he can be a serious force to be reckon with in the NBA.

Carmelo, on the other hand been proving he is a virtually unstoppable scorer as you said. Unless you are an exceptional defender, you need a double team every time to keep Carmelo under 30 pts.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Need I say more........to all you bad minded ppl who been fighting down, playa hating ....now what ?

You don't have to like him, but you have to respect his game......The Greatest !

The Man !

TheEducator

Exactly. Paul George has done very well this season, but he has only played three seasons. Paul George simply hasn't played long enough to show what level he can play consistently at, he def has potential and if he stays focused, he can be a serious force to be reckon with in the NBA.

Carmelo, on the other hand been proving he is a virtually unstoppable scorer as you said. Unless you are an exceptional defender, you need a double team every time to keep Carmelo under 30 pts.
Melo is not an unstoppable scorer. What game are you guys watching?

Dude STRUGGLES to shoot above 40% in the playoffs!

Melo is a better scorer, but George does everything else better and he isn't anywhere near the ball stopper that Melo is.

And LOL @ slightly better defender. George is at worst a top 3 perimeter defender in the NBA and Melo is not even in the top 100.

Stop it.

MANISHWATERS

Thank ray allen for saving the heats life in game 6...that game was won by the spurs and labron missed 3 shots before ray allen hit that 3 to tie the game up.....thank god for ray allen..........