Look For My New Book Later This Year...

MJ7

I'm back!

So, what is Butterflies in Bronzeville about? Butterflies in Bronzeville is a "feel good" story about lifelong friendship. It's the first book of a planned sequel. The basic plot of the story revolves around 3 characters, Fred Peebles, Gwynette Burgess, and Gwnette's best friend, Bonita "Bunny" Thompson. All of the characters live in Bronzeville, which is one of Chicago's premier Black communities on the south side--similar to what Harlem is to African Americans in New York. Fred and Gwynette have a chance meeting on the "L" (sub train moniker in Chicago). Gwynette trips, and literally falls into his arms. It's kismet. They are instantly attracted to one another. The adventure begins after that. Much of it involves Gwynette and her crazy best friend, Bunny. They are true BFF's and hilarious together--constant drama and humor. Their bond is tested after an unexpected tragedy occurs on Bunny's birthday. Fred and Gwynette are brought together by unpredictable circumstances and a series of chance meetings. Through a succession of fascinating events impacting the other, combined with a series of twists and turns; their lives intertwine with other connecting stories, and exciting characters over 3 decades, highlighting love, hate, joy, sadness, the challenges of class, social prejudice, and the unexpected.

Basically, Butterflies is a coming of age tale, highlighting the joy of family and friendship. All of the characters live in Bronzeville. Butterflies in Bronzeville is a hip adventurous saga highlighting Black culture, and its people trying to define themselves through the ups and downs life challenges them with, yet through them, they emerge strong, bold and transformed, like the butterfly.

This book has 5 great components that should draw readers: family, friendship, community, humor, and love.

Good reviews of the book excerpts are pouring in...

I'll keep you posted of the release date.