Los Angeles vs New York

Lucianite

Both cities are pretty diverse and expensive

I wouldn't want to live in either one. Both cities are over priced and have their own issues. I'd prefer the Bay area or Seattle to LA if I had to live on the west coast. One thing I can say is on the avg black women in LA are 50 times prettier than the ones in NY, 40 times more pleasant...talk about lop sided. I still like the everyday NYC vibe, personality, cultural events/activities that happen there, just wouldn't live there.
Yeah I found the sistas way more friendly... Not that i have an issue with ny women just pointing out the difference...

Never been to Seattle..... The beach and weather is what wins la out over the bay for me

But yep its hard to top ny for so many reasons...

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
NBR you starting to sound liek a broken record now ... just chill on the "reasons why NYCS aint...." list please... if it's not for you there is no rule saying you must be or visit here.. lol

N

NaturalBornRidah

NBR you starting to sound liek a broken record now ... just chill on the "reasons why NYCS aint...." list please... if it's not for you there is no rule saying you must be or visit here.. lol
If its a broken record you are on the same album as me.Because every time I mention NYC the usual suspects come in to defend ut just because I say something they don't like

I did not mention NYC originally but you had a few NYers and NYer lovers speaking on another city giving their false accounts and lies,why speak bullshit on a city knowing you get mad if some one does the same to yours?come on!!

Minxy

LA gets a 1 up,because the different ethnic groups have more of a preservation sense,earn more recognition,and they are easily americanized because they assimilated into american culture out there
Bruh, wtf is there to do in LA but some superficial shit...meego please :drag:...haaaaaaaaaardly comparable to NYC holmes

A.K.K.S.

True but you can say the same thing about LA not having as many PR, DR, Haitians Like Chicago(Both Chicago and LA overlap with a sizeable Belizean community) and NY.

Every major city on both coasts has an abundance of one group and a small village of another. I could say a city like Detroit was more diverse than LA because they have the most Arabs, Lebonese, Yemenis, Serbians, Albanians, Macedonians, and African Americans. Or Miami is more diverse because they have the most Cubans, Haitians, and Bahamians. Not saying any city is more diverse than the other, but just making an example. I see your point though.
I am not talking about a group that are just too small to get recognition. Like I said there is enough Mexicans and Salvadorians in NYC but they really go unnoticed.

Remember West Indians used to get beat down and picked on just for being" West Indian" in NYC, so it is not an culturally receptive city,people are just parroting bullshit. Belizeans definitely have made their mark out in LA, Panamanians and Jamaicans put it down out there in LA too, so you have West Indian community.

Also they are Puerto Ricans and DRs in LA ,
But understand that Polynesians got different nationalities collaborating and associating with each other in a community. Then you have your East Asians out there in a community. You got your Persians nationalities in a community.Central Americans have their community. So its way more diverse that NYC
With all that being said, NYC is far more diverse than LA. Chicago is not even in the runnings. I have never been to L.A., but if any big city is segregated and racialized more than L.A. and Chicago, please name them.

There are certainly more Belizeans in L.A. (by FAR) and Chicago (by little) than in NYC Metro area...

From what relatives tell me either Belizeans stick to themselves in L.A. or get caught up in that Blood-Crip shyt. In Chicago, it's that Vice Lords and GD shyt...

Where are Jamaican and Panamanian areas in L.A.? I've heard of Jamaicans out there, but never Panamanians.

DSP

Heri
With all that being said, NYC is far more diverse than LA. Chicago is not even in the runnings. I have never been to L.A., but if any big city is segregated and racialized more than L.A. and Chicago, please name them.

There are certainly more Belizeans in L.A. (by FAR) and Chicago (by little) than in NYC Metro area...

From what relatives tell me either Belizeans stick to themselves in L.A. or get caught up in that Blood-Crip shyt. In Chicago, it's that Vice Lords and GD shyt...

Where are Jamaican and Panamanian areas in L.A.? I've heard of Jamaicans out there, but never Panamanians.

A.K.K.S.

Guy it's a numbers game. You can find everybody in NYC, except Oceanian people.

There isn't really a Caribbean Hispanic or European presence in L.A. or Arabian (Yemeni, etc...)

Queens in the most diverse part of the entire U.S... It alone is as large as L.A., numerically...

DSP

Heri
Guy it's a numbers game. You can find everybody in NYC, except Oceanian people.

There isn't really a Caribbean Hispanic or European presence in L.A. or Arabian (Yemeni, etc...)

Queens in the most diverse part of the entire U.S... It alone is as large as L.A., numerically...

N

NaturalBornRidah

Yes there is Panamanians out there,lol they are not an army but they are there. Then comes the few GTs and Trinis spread out there but they are not that big at all compared to other groups.Although the west indian community is not that sizable it does exist in LA. Don't be one of these people who are just projecting and assuming about LA and have never been.

But naw LA is way more diverse,I already explained why.
QB son :new_russi
Aren't you from Richmond Hill
Bruh, wtf is there to do in LA but some superficial shit...meego please :drag:...haaaaaaaaaardly comparable to NYC holmes
A shut up, tell me whats so special to do out in NYC? Its a whole gang of shit to do in LA if you are moving right and got the right peeps to lead you.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
People that never been to LA tell people thay spend a lot of time in LA about LA.

Something seems weird with that
you see it.....that's people for you...always talking shit they have no experience with, and don't know nothing about,but swearing they know and expect people to think they credible

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
thing is, it's okay to say how you experienced a place, because at the end of the day that's your experience.. but when y'all start the oh its better than, it can't compare to arguments it defeats the whole purpose..

if on this board, a discussion can only take place if certain parties can speak bout it, then honest and open discussion can and will never take place, because it will always be the same tired rhetoric regurgigated for whatever purpose... discussions are to bring about perspective on different issues... different people have different experiences, and thus have different perspectives..

A.K.K.S.

Yes there is Panamanians out there,lol they are not an army but they are there. Then comes the few GTs and Trinis spread out there but they are not that big at all compared to other groups.Although the west indian community is not that sizable it does exist in LA. Don't be one of these people who are just projecting and assuming about LA and have never been.
I only bring this up because my cousin's tell me it's only really Belizeans (Like 150,000-200,000.... no lie) a few Jamaicans, and a handful of Trinidadians out in L.A.

When some of them came to NYC for Labor Day they had never even seen half the flags that people were waving.

N

NaturalBornRidah

I only bring this up because my cousin's tell me it's only really Belizeans (Like 150,000-200,000.... no lie) a few Jamaicans, and a handful of Trinidadians out in L.A.

When some of them came to NYC for Labor Day they had never even seen half the flags that people were waving.
I think half the few GTs in Cali are all my family, the west indian community is definitely small but you have them there. Jamaicans are out there but they are spread out. That's with any ethnic group since LA has mixed neighborhood, Belizeans have a base cause they are so big, but at the same time they are spread out.

Any way I don't know how much Belizeans is out there but they definitely put the Caribbean thing on the map out there.

A.K.K.S.

I think half the few GTs in Cali are all my family
LOL, I believe. Guyanese is more NYC, Maryland, Toronto and the Capital Region of NY. They got mad Indian Guyanese in Albany and Schenectady NY.

Any way I don't know how much Belizeans is out there but the definitely put the Caribbean thing on the map out there.
Yeah Belize is HEAVY in L.A.. Mad restaurants, businesses, etc... If Nikki Giovanni grew up out there, she wouldn't act like how she acts toward us lol....

Just type in "Little Belize" on youtube and you'll see what I mean. And it's mostly black Belizeans (Kriols, Garifunas), so definitely more "West Indian" vibes. I think there's more black Belizeans in L.A. than Belize actually lol

N

NaturalBornRidah

LOL, I believe. Guyanese is more NYC, Maryland, Toronto and the Capital Region of NY. They got mad Indian Guyanese in Albany and Schenectady NY.
Lots of nice looking GTs in T.Dot
Yea hella GTs in NYC (NJ too), then you got them in the DMV region, and you got some GTs making inroads into the Broward Miami area. A few are moving to ATL.Don't know about GTs in upstate NY.The rest are in the islands like B'dos.

GT indians tend to stay in NYC or Toronto so they are not going anywhere.

Yeah Belize is HEAVY in L.A.. Mad restaurants, businesses, etc... If Nikki Giovanni grew up out there, she wouldn't act like how she acts toward us lol....

Just type in "Little Belize" on youtube and you'll see what I mean. And it's mostly black Belizeans (Kriols, Garifunas), so definitely more "West Indian" vibes. I think there's more black Belizeans in L.A. than Belize actually lol
Oh I didn't even know they had little Belize, I know little Ethiopia and Little Tokyo lol. But yea a lot of kids of West Indian heritage would be different if they did not grow up in NYC.