Lynn Taitt - The Trini who created Jamaican Rocksteady

J

Juan Dan

u studying Namey,

he is probably one ah dem 25 year old Jamaican fellas who wearing peddle pusher tights, corn rows, doing skip to my lou, think Kartel and Popcaan is a demi god and doh even know de half about how Jamaican music developed back in the day
I find it very interesting those who enjoys these bullshit threads and childlike dissing of each others islands and cultures
its actually pathetic to be honest
yet yall have fun
I think bout twenty more bullshit corny names gonna sign up and continue these things
poor imix

I find it very interesting those who enjoys these bullshit threads and childlike dissing of each others islands and cultures
its actually pathetic to be honest
yet yall have fun
I think bout twenty more bullshit corny names gonna sign up and continue these things
poor imix
dont address the lil kix part of the thread,

address the fact and issue of the evolution of Jamaican music.

this is not really about dissing anyone, but shedding light on an important period of time. I dont think much people know about it so I highlighting it.

I mean for people to diss Taitt when he did so much, especially seeing the man died, its in poor taste.

J

Juan Dan

dont address the lil kix part of the thread,

address the fact and issue of the evolution of Jamaican music.

this is not really about dissing anyone, but shedding light on an important period of time. I dont think much people know about it so I highlighting it.

I mean for people to diss Taitt when he did so much, especially seeing the man died, its in poor taste.
big up taitt and all his contributions
fun is fun

yet I have seen websites TOTALLY DEVOTED to vs vs and negativity

people who are negative just cause it seems thats whats "cool"

we can say trini aint shit and jamaica aint shit all day YET WHY

not just cause we feel like "getting some trinis/jamaicans mad"

thats a bit childish yet as I say fun is fun and I am not fighting that

in any case bless up

there are 1000 people reading the board and I am not sure they are entertained by bullshit divisiveness termed as "just net I am playing"

BRIAN

The Jamaican debaters must be on a hiatus. Haitians would never tek this crap! :kicks
The Trinis always wanted a large piece of the Jamaican culture, more so than any other island. They would buy up large chunks of Ja culture... if it was for sale. You know how long they were eyeing Air Jamaica, they would "buy" Reggae outright if it was being sold. Every movement in Jamaican music has 50 Jamaican "owners", now we even have Trini "owners".

Lyn Tait was a session man like hundreds of others. Dozens of other Yardies will show you how they slowed down Ska to Rock Steady.

A nuh we mek Trini soca have 60% J,can content. Unnoo bring it on unnoo self.
...doh worry though, unnoo still richer (oil) dan we ...lol

The Trinis always wanted a large piece of the Jamaican culture, more so than any other island. They would buy up large chunks of Ja culture... if it was for sale. You know how long they were eyeing Air Jamaica, they would "buy" Reggae outright if it was being sold. Every movement in Jamaican music has 50 Jamaican "owners", now we even have Trini "owners".

Lyn Tait was a session man like hundreds of others. Dozens of other Yardies will show you how they slowed down Ska to Rock Steady.

come nah man, dis is not a Trini/Yard ting, this is about an individual ting... ah cyah believe u disrespecting di ting so dred..nobody eh wah buy nuttin or take nuttin from Jamaica...de evolution of Rocksteady/Reggae happened in Jamaica and is Jamaican but do not forget the input of the little South Trini guy.

We have our cultural richness in many ways too, this should be a reminder of how valuable Jamaican music use to be..listening to some of the songs and doing research on that era really makes me wonder what happened to Jamaica since then.

the sweetness of the music is barely there anymore.

Last edited:
big up taitt and all his contributions
fun is fun

yet I have seen websites TOTALLY DEVOTED to vs vs and negativity

people who are negative just cause it seems thats whats "cool"

we can say trini aint shit and jamaica aint shit all day YET WHY

not just cause we feel like "getting some trinis/jamaicans mad"

thats a bit childish yet as I say fun is fun and I am not fighting that

in any case bless up

there are 1000 people reading the board and I am not sure they are entertained by bullshit divisiveness termed as "just net I am playing"
well u realize the trolls like Georgeflash and Namey came in outright negative and started bashing, they never have a meaningful contribution. I would have been content to deal with the topic, we even had a person who claimed that they were educated by this. I guess the culture of IMIX is about the little back and forth sometimes, I met it like that.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
George, you need to do a bit more research man.
Tait was the main man arranging the music and playing those basslines and guitar licks/strums on most of those rock steady hit records that he played on.
He was brilliant at what he did which is why he was in such great demand by all the top artists of the rock steady era.
He was not just one of the replaceable guys in the studio; he was the main engine behind the new rock steady sound at the time.

Go do a little more research and when you discover these facts then ask yourself why has this guy's name been kept so quiet for all these years from Jamaicans like yourself and why has he not been given his due credit and inducted in the Jamaican hall of fame where he deserves to be like Bob and the rest?
Fun and joke aside I can give credit where credit is due. The guy was an excellent guitarist.
I didn't JUST hear about Taitt. My family has been involved the Jamaican music industry for generations.

Where I have an issue is the overblown rhetoric regarding the extent of his contribution to development of the music. To say he created it is nuts! To say he contributed in spite of his Trinidadian background and the inherent genetic handicap associated with that speaks volumes of him as a man.

Fun and joke aside I can give credit where credit is due. The guy was an excellent guitarist.
I didn't JUST hear about Taitt. My family has been involved the Jamaican music industry for generations.

Where I have an issue is the overblown rhetoric regarding the extent of his contribution to development of the music. To say he created it is nuts! To say he contributed in spite of his Trinidadian background and the inherent genetic handicap associated with that speaks volumes of him as a man.
:russian_r

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

Go check who were the musicans on MOST of the big rock steady hits and see which is the name that was most consistently there on the recording credits.
Tait was not an ordinary replaceable session musician; if you wanted a hit song then you wanted Tait playing bass on your rock steady recording to give it that special sparkle and hit appeal.

Anyway we can't force you guys to give the man his due recognition if you don't want to so let’s move on and call that patriotism...

Ananci_7

Please sir, could you kindly shut the fukk up.
Thanks

Now Swagger and socapro I can tolerate to some level because they, I feel, have a grasp on reality but I detect envious indoctrination in your tone. Mr. Tait did not create Rocksteady. Being in a studio while something is being created does not make you one of the creators. Stop taking liberties with intellectual property.
My apologies

Let me rephrase.....no, I will not shut the fuck up so it looks like you will have to make me do it

And the best way (cause yuh can't cut mih ass neither) is to show conclusively how Taitt's contribution had no impact on what was being developed at the time. To simply say in that flippant way that "being in a studio while something is being created" is past disingenuous and says more about you than the facts that history shows.

Fortunately I have been to Jamaica and I know a great many people in the lovely country are not as semiliterate as you are.

Grow up

Thanks

Sincerely

Ananci

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
well u realize the trolls like Georgeflash and Namey came in outright negative and started bashing, they never have a meaningful contribution. I would have been content to deal with the topic, we even had a person who claimed that they were educated by this. I guess the culture of IMIX is about the little back and forth sometimes, I met it like that.
Troll?
I state facts.
You created an Opti-like thread filled with slander and expected civil discourse?

Ananci_7

come nah man, dis is not a Trini/Yard ting, this is about an individual ting... ah cyah believe u disrespecting di ting so dred..nobody eh wah buy nuttin or take nuttin from Jamaica...de evolution of Rocksteady/Reggae happened in Jamaica and is Jamaican but do not forget the input of the little South Trini guy.

We have our cultural richness in many ways too, this should be a reminder of how valuable Jamaican music use to be..listening to some of the songs and doing research on that era really makes me wonder what happened to Jamaica since then.

the sweetness of the music is barely there anymore.
Swaggers, leave it alone breds, to paraphrase Sprangalang, leff dem dey. Keep in mind the saying cobo cyar eat sponge cake.

These "unliterates" can't ever fathom that if it's one thing musicians have in common with sailors is that even if two of them never met each other before but meet up, they share a common discipline and on that basis feed ideas and energies off of each other. The mere fact that Taitt was "in a studio," given that that is never a cheap activity, shows the importance of the man and what he was doing.

Anyhow, get a dictionary and hand it to them so they could learn the meaning of words like "contribution" and "influence"

Ananci_7

ok I feel is the thread title that angered them, maybe I should have worded differently.
Yeah but even in the trailer, a man with what is clearly a Jamaican accent said as much. Wha, dey go vex with he too? All I hear is a seta shit talk about sacrilege and what not, no evidence to the contrary.

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
ok I feel is the thread title that angered them, maybe I should have worded differently.
My very first post in this thread I quoted "created" making it clear that the title was not only offensive but incorrect and blatantly disrespectful.

Tell yuh eadiat friend Punanci to leave big people conversation.

Ananci_7

My very first post in this thread I quoted "created" making it clear that the title was not only offensive but incorrect and blatantly disrespectful.

Tell yuh eadiat friend Punanci to leave big people conversation.
Why thanks for the title. I'm honoured, being a man who LOVES to give oral.

And seeing as how you Yardies say allyuh not doing that, be sure to let yuh gyul know. I'll get back to you as to how she tasted.

Anyway, lemme go do de ppl wuk (and learn to research properly next time before you talk more things out your arse ok? Is one of yuh own countrymen who say the same thing so grow up)

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
Why thanks for the title. I'm honoured, being a man who LOVES to give oral.

And seeing as how you Yardies say allyuh not doing that, be sure to let yuh gyul know. I'll get back to you as to how she tasted.

Anyway, lemme go do de ppl wuk (and learn to research properly next time before you talk more things out your arse ok? Is one of yuh own countrymen who say the same thing so grow up)
Yes please do.
No one wants to use a filthy public rest room.

you know what, I would really appreciate if some smarter Jamaicans other than Namey and Gflash who actually know music would come in here and discuss this.

Ananci_7

That's it? That's the best you can come up with Georgie?

Waaay sah, yuh doh know yuh own history AND you throw insult like a juvenile, damn, no wonder yuh always vex so.

Poor fella