Making Tamarind Sauce

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
- was gonna try to make a tamarind sauce my dad used to make for us as kids but I am not sure what the easiest way is to get the "meat" off the seeds.
do you painstakingly scrape it off the seeds in the pods or is there an easier method? Can I boil it off in a little water or will that cause problems?

and yes, I do have a box of fresh tamarind in the pods already.

LB

Okay so you massage the pulp off with some water. I already have my dad's recipe to use. Just couldnt figure out how remove the pulp.

LB

Joilie, I'd like to make it without seeds. Its a sweet sauce my dad made to put on our ice cream as kids. So given that I tend to choke easily, its best I eliminate the seeds. lol

jolie

xxii
lol.. i think i've seen seedless tamarinds before..in the store. u may have to purchase that

LB

lol.. i think i've seen seedless tamarinds before..in the store. u may have to purchase that

didnt see seedless in the store I was in. Plus I am up in Canada so my choices are limited. I have a box of the regular pods but if I can find a seedless bag in the future I will give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
bite it off and spit it in d bowl
:kicks

my mother said a time her friend said she found a tooth in a piece of sugar cake that she bought from a lady who used to sell near her primary school....apparently tanty used to bite up de coconut instead ah grating it....

LB

my mother said a time her friend said she found a tooth in a piece of sugar cake that she bought from a lady who used to sell near her primary school....apparently tanty used to bite up de coconut instead ah grating it....
oh you lie!!!! Serious?! :rofl: :rofl:

no wonder ipicong's teeth look like so :kicks

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush

:feelsick.............................. :lol