Mar Pierre ft Stadic - this song is fiyah!

Santiwah

Santiwah
Who told you that this song is not Soca?

The producers regards this track as a Groovy Soca and it is also listed in Julianspromos TV 2017 Soca Playlist for Soca tracks with over 100,000 views.

Go here for confirmation: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtytcEbClKCzwLdMWpTBG7oyand07YhJn

It is currently at no.35 in the Top 40 2017 Soca Releases with over 100,000 views.

Not because it is marketed as a Soca track makes it Soca. So many songs are listed as Soca (for marketing reasons) but are not.

Why make a big deal over that? It is all about marketing the song!

Who told you that this song is not Soca?

The producers regards this track as a Groovy Soca and it is also listed in Julianspromos TV 2017 Soca Playlist for Soca tracks with over 100,000 views.

Go here for confirmation: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtytcEbClKCzwLdMWpTBG7oyand07YhJn

It is currently at no.35 in the Top 40 2017 Soca Releases with over 100,000 views.
nothing about this is Soca, not because a trini sings it makes it soca

why are you constantly looking for an argument?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Not because it is marketed as a Soca track makes it Soca. So many songs are listed as Soca (for marketing reasons) but are not.

Why make a big deal over that? It is all about marketing the song!
I know Marq Pierre and his family. They are from Curepe in Trinidad and Marq is related to Helon Francis who was a favourite in the 2016 Calypso Monarch Finals earlier this year.

Both Marq Pierre and Helon Francis came up thru the Junior Calypso ranks and regard the music they sing as either calypso or soca depending on their target audience.

They are just bringing a young new fresh approach to the Soca game (just like Voice) in which the music will have more of an international appeal and will not be seasonal.

Trust me when I tell you that Marq Pierre is singing soca, he is just doing it with more of a fresh international approach, that is all.

PS:
And I am not the one making the big deal about the track being marketed as a Soca track.
However I believe both you and Swagger might be.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
this is not soca, dont matter how you flip it
First learn to spell Marq's first name correctly then go to Marq Pierre's (https://www.facebook.com/Markie.Prince) and then the producer Stadic's (https://www.facebook.com/stadicmusic) and then Julians Promotions (https://www.facebook.com/JulianspromosTV) facebook pages and make your complaints to them about promoting the track as a soca.

They are all promoting it as a soca track and I regard it as a groovy soca track with an r&b influence so I have no problem with them.

Good luck in your campaign.

First learn to spell Marq's first name correctly then go to Marq Pierre's (https://www.facebook.com/Markie.Prince) and then the producer Stadic's (https://www.facebook.com/stadicmusic) and then Julians Promotions (https://www.facebook.com/JulianspromosTV) facebook pages and make your complaints to them about promoting the track as a soca.

They are all promoting it as a soca track and I regard it as a groovy soca track with an r&b influence so I have no problem with them.

Good luck in your campaign.
I dont care, they can promote it as space music if they want, its not soca, you need to stop with the dotishness

Santiwah

Santiwah
I know Marq Pierre and his family. They are from Curepe in Trinidad and Marq is related to Helon Francis who was a favourite in the 2016 Calypso Monarch Finals earlier this year.

Both Marq Pierre and Helon Francis came up thru the Junior Calypso ranks and regard the music they sing as either calypso or soca depending on their target audience.

They are just bringing a young new fresh approach to the Soca game (just like Voice) in which the music will have more of an international appeal and will not be seasonal.

Trust me when I tell you that Marq Pierre is singing soca, he is just doing it with more of a fresh international approach, that is all.

PS:
And I am not the one making the big deal about the track being marketed as a Soca track.
However I believe both you and Swagger might be.
Seriously.... You are the one who went down the 'it is a Soca track' path. However, Soca is all about the beat... not so! Well that is not a Soca rhythm... and no, I am not making a big deal about it. :derisive:

to socapro as long as a trini sing a song its soca, a trini can sing a song on a chinese beat and he would say its soca. A trini can sing a song on a russian beat he would say its russian groovy soca.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Seriously.... You are the one who went down the 'it is a Soca track' path. However, Soca is all about the beat... not so! Well that is not a Soca rhythm... and no, I am not making a big deal about it. :derisive:
I asked Swagger who told him its not a Soca and then pointed to the fact that the track is being marketed as a soca track.

You folks are the ones who seem to have hang-ups about the track being promoted as a Soca track, not I.

If you'll are unhappy with how the song is being marketed/promoted then click on those links I provided in my previous post and go complain to the artist, producer, Julian Promotions and others promoting it as soca, it is that simple.

I have nothing to complain about because I am happy that it is being promoted as a soca track because I view it as a groovy soca track with an r&b influence that has serious international hit potential.

Here is an interview with the artist and the producer btw, you folks may want to take it in.

The Madder Drive with Goofy and Ding Dong featuring Marq Pierre and Producer, Stadic.

"Sound Chat Summer" featuring Marq Pierre & Stadic
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/24t7yJn-IQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I dont care, they can promote it as space music if they want, its not soca, you need to stop with the dotishness
You are focusing on the wrong person Fag, I am not promoting it as a Soca track, the artist, producer, Julian Promos and others are.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Someone need's to send Blaque Aquarius Entertainment a memo that they should not be promoting Marq Pierre & Stadic's "Addicted" as a soca track at the start of their Soca Drift 2017 Mixtape. :rofl:

I have provided their Soundcloud, Instagram, Facebook and Booking email address details for you'll to send them your complaints. I would suggest that if you send an email to their booking email address then it might be more effective to threaten never to book them ever if they don't stop misleading their listeners about what is Soca with their Soca Mixtapes!! :cool:

And btw I seriously rate this Soca Drift 2017 Mixtape as it has international appeal that anyone anywhere can appreciate and enjoy without necessarily having to be a Carnival junkie.

Soca Drift 2017 MIXTAPE "2017 Soca"
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8d1ouzFbcRg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blaque Aquarius Entertainment Presents Soca Drift 2017 (Volume One) which features the most talked about soca hits for this Carnival season 2017 from Machel Montano, Kes D Band, M1, GBM Nutron, Olatunji, Voice, Mr Renzo, Preedy and much more....

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/blaqueaquarius/soca-drift-2017
Instagram: www.instagram.com/blaque.aquarius
Facebook: www.facebook.com/blaque.aquarius
Bookings: blaque.aquarius4893@gmail.com

Soca Drift 2017 (Volume One) Playlist:
1. Marq Pierre ft. Stadic - Addicted :beach:
2. Rupee & Black Shadow - Tipsy (Happy Days Riddim)
3. Timaya - Bang Bang (AfroSoca)
4. Voice & Bad Royale - Get Away
5. Olatunji & System32 - Midnight Cruise
6. Linky First - Rock & Come In (Liming Riddim)
7. Calypso Rose ft Manu Chao & Machel Montano - Leave Me Alone (Kubiyashi Remix)
8. Voice - Far From Finished
9. Young D ft Ayo Jay, Kerwin Du Bois, Konshens, Timaya - Shabba
10. GBM Nutron - Rock You Out (Lip Service Riddim)
11. K.Rich - Feels Like Love (Lip Service Riddim)
12. Kreesha Turner - I Will Be Here (Lip Service Riddim)
13. R.City - Nobody Ready (Lip Service Riddim)
14. Preedy - On The Low (Lip Service Riddim)
15. Machel Montano - (Lip Service Riddim)
16. Milko - Carnival To Remember (On D Inside Riddim)
17. GBM Nutron & M1 - On D Inside (On D Inside Riddim)
18. Calypso Rose - Abatina (Dolkraut Remix)
19. Mr. Killa - Bam Bam (prod. Jus Now)
20. M1 - Vicey (Vicey Riddim)
21. GBM Nutron - Only Good Vibes (Vicey Riddim)
22. Shal Marshall - Famous (Vicey Riddim)
23. Machel Montano - I Forget (Official Release From Bazodee)
24. Farmer Nappy - X Man
25. M1 & Isasha - Doh Duck Yuh Gal
26. Kes & Kernal Roberts - Shake
27. Kerwin Du Bois & Teddyson John - New Day
28. Bunji Garlin - New York (Radio Edit)
29. Blaxx - Rankin Ting (Rankin Ting Riddim)
30. Asten Isaac - Rum Friend (Rankin Ting Riddim)
31. Kerry John - Drinking King
32. Jahmoun - Only You
33. Marvay - Know The Face (Craigmatic Vocal Stutter)
34. Lyrikal - Jammin Shake
35. King Bubba Fm - Calling In Sick "Meet Me On De Road" (DJ Puffy Roadmix)
36. Farmer Nappy & Destra - Technically
37. Destra - WaistLine Killer (Bashey Vybz Riddim)
38. Salty & Preedy ft Mega Mick - Bend Back (Lil Tommy Riddim)
39. Sekon Sta ft Prince Pronto & Mega Mick - Jump Out (SSquad Up) (Lil Tommy Riddim)
40. Wildfire - Long Time (Lil Tommy Riddim)
41. Krystal Khayne - Hold Meh
42. Marzville ft DJ Puffy - Bam Bim (DJ Puffy Roadmix) (One O Clock Riddim)
43. Marzville ft Alison Hinds - Bam Bim Remix (One O Clock Riddim)
44. Stiffy - Tek Off Something (One O Clock Riddim)
45. Xcel 246 - Pon Me (One O Clock Riddim)
46. Salty & Travis World - Free Up Yuhself
47. Bunji Garlin & Stadic - Road Bunx
48. Swappi & Jus Now - Cooler, Cooler
49. Mr Renzo & Kern Rose - Sit Dong (prod. Shot Master J)
50. Orlando Octave - Single
51. Ricky T & Eempey Slicker - Freaky Girls
52. Fadda Fox - Dirty Habit (Blaqrose Supreme Intro) (Hand Grenade Riddim)
53. Lil Rick - Doing De Dog (Hand Grenade Riddim)
54. Sekon Sta - Mamacita (Hand Grenade Riddim)
55. Ricardo Drue ft King Bubba Fm - Rum Again Drink Up (Hand Grenade Riddim)
56. Peter Ram - Good Morning
57. Ricardo Dru - ID Stamp (Blaqrose Supreme Intro) (Way Up Riddim)
58. Lil Rick - Way Up (Blaqrose Supreme Intro) (Way Up Riddim)
59. Skinny Fabulous - Pompous (Way Up Riddim)
60. Mr Killa & Legz - Party Bad (Jumbie Jab Riddim)
61. Swappi - Ana
62. Hypasounds - Bam Bam Back

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
So if some here wish to argue that Marq Pierre's "Addicted" is not Groovy Soca infused with R&B then can we also argue that this romantic David Rudder track from 2001 called "Chocolate Fog" is also not Groovy Soca infused with R&B/Panjazz?

David Rudder feat Andy Narell - Chocolate Fog (2001 R&B/Panjazz Groovy Soca)
<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VwAZkhS5yX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Composed by Andy Narell with Lyrics written & sung by David Rudder
Arrangement, Drum Programming, Synthesizer & Steelpans by Andy Narell

I am just wondering out loud...

And what about this Lord Shorty track from 1975 that Shorty described in a 1996 interview as one of his early experimental romantic soca tracks featured on his mid-1975 "Love In The Caribbean" album?

Lord Shorty - Who Is She (1975 Romantic Groovy Soca)
<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x2TFbdZz7dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Composed by Garfield Blackman aka Lord Shorty
Arrangements by Lord Shorty & Junior Brown
Music Accompaniment by Shorty's Vibrations International
Recorded at KH Recording Studios, Sea Lots, Trinidad in 1975

Could we argue that this Shorty track just above is not soca too even though Shorty is the man who invented soca and came up with the name and definition for it?

All u doh get the memo? Once a song interact with anything soca/carnival/trini etc it automatically changes into soca. the musical structure is no longer relevant.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
All u doh get the memo? Once a song interact with anything soca/carnival/trini etc it automatically changes into soca. the musical structure is no longer relevant.
Its a similar memo that the Jamaicans have been following to promote Brand Jamaica and Dancehall Reggae music since the 1980's.

Thank God the soca fraternity finally learned something intelligent from the Jamaicans about promoting Brand Soca to the mainstream markets rather than allowing other folks to take elements of our music and rebrand it as "tropical house", reggaeton, etc while we sit at home crying and complaining and suffering in poverty. My motto in life is "Do unto others as they would do or have done unto you". :cool:

Original hardcore soca will always be alive and well in T&T and the rest of the English-speaking Caribbean as the traditional style soca continues to be made annually in abundance so I am not at all worried.
When Soca was introduced in the early 1970's by Lord Shorty the older heads were all worried that Calypso would be killed off and yet Calypso is still alive and kicking today.

Big respect to all the folks in the Soca industry who have finally wised-up to the best strategy to promote "Brand Soca" to the mainstream music markets.

I see him even on youtube trying to claim it as soca. Socapro is so desperate and trying. Vynegre is so right about this topic, everything they calling soca now. Steups

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Those who are unhappy why don't you'll all go jump off a cliff if you can't live with it! :cool:

Is anything that I said in post #17 above untrue?

I posted info below in post #15 on the previous page and no one could challenge it so lets please all grow-up and stop complaining.

So if some here wish to argue that Marq Pierre's "Addicted" is not Groovy Soca infused with R&B then can we also argue that this romantic David Rudder track from 2001 called "Chocolate Fog" is also not Groovy Soca infused with R&B/Panjazz?

David Rudder feat Andy Narell - Chocolate Fog (2001 R&B/Panjazz Groovy Soca)
<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VwAZkhS5yX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Composed by Andy Narell with Lyrics written & sung by David Rudder
Arrangement, Drum Programming, Synthesizer & Steelpans by Andy Narell

I am just wondering out loud...

And what about this Lord Shorty track from 1975 that Shorty described in a 1996 interview as one of his early experimental romantic soca tracks featured on his mid-1975 "Love In The Caribbean" album?

Lord Shorty - Who Is She (1975 Romantic Groovy Soca)
<iframe width="600" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x2TFbdZz7dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Composed by Garfield Blackman aka Lord Shorty
Arrangements by Lord Shorty & Junior Brown
Music Accompaniment by Shorty's Vibrations International
Recorded at KH Recording Studios, Sea Lots, Trinidad in 1975

Could we argue that this Shorty track just above is not soca too even though Shorty is the man who invented soca and came up with the name and definition for it?

jason23

Gintoki Ginsan Sakata
sorry i have to agree with Swagga!! soca lost its identity!! everything people attaching soca to it cause they wanna eat ah food and rape the music!! all in ego an fame.. we have Trinidadians home begging for attention !! with soca so they cud walk an feel proud and say is soca with ego and bandwaggonist mentality, yet u will never see them ina tent or a Mas Camp!! supporting anything like Calypso or Soca in its original form!!........after Carnival done u go see dem!! tun jamaican or american or miley cyrus!! singing Kim Kardishian music or some shit.....yet not once studing the music.....!!! so yes i agree!! you all keep pimping out Soca like u d older heads did Calypso!! and see where it go take us!! to me Soca will always be Lord Shorty and Suger bumbum or All Soca from the Emperor of Soca Blue Boy!! or old school machel in xtatic days