Memoirs of a Geisha-- the movie

foxxietrini

a.k.a. Buss_Slippers
http://michelleyeoh.info/Movie/memoirsofageisha.html

I recently read this book and loved it! I have a new fascination with geisha and the Japanese culture. There is some controversy surrounding the film because the main characters are Chinese, the movie was filmed mostly in San Francisco, the characters all have speak British English with a Japanese accent, the makeup and hairstyles of the geisha are toned down among other things.

But I would like to see how the finished film turns out. It will be released this year.

SeReNDiPiTy

Dippity Doo-Dah
foxxietrini said:
http://michelleyeoh.info/Movie/memoirsofageisha.html

I recently read this book and loved it! I have a new fascination with geisha and the Japanese culture. There is some controversy surrounding the film because the main characters are Chinese, the movie was filmed mostly in San Francisco, the characters all have speak British English with a Japanese accent, the makeup and hairstyles of the geisha are toned down among other things.

But I would like to see how the finished film turns out. It will be released this year.

This is going to be interesting to see...

Last edited:

trinicam

what you read is not what you get.

:eek:hgosh reading that book must have given you eye opening prospective view toward Japanese's tradition and culture. When the movie comes out, I hope it gets great reviews and depict the Japanese culture accuratly eventhough many substitions were utilized.

?

i don,t know if it is the same book,

but not to long ago i read GEISHA

it was about a young girl who was giving up by her

father to a rich business man because

he couldn't take care of her and her sister.

she was telling how she ended being a geisha and thing.

i enjoyed the book, it was not my gavorite one, but it was good.

so is it the same book? :confused

triniprincess76

I'm in love
Poca said:
i don,t know if it is the same book, but not to long ago i read GEISHA it was about a young girl who was giving up by her father to a rich business man because he couldn't take care of her and her sister. she was telling how she ended being a geisha and thing.

i enjoyed the book, it was not my gavorite one, but it was good.
so is it the same book? :confused
Based on your description...it sounds like it's the same book...good book!