Mental illness... and romance

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Taj...

My favorite human search engine..
There was a thread a few years ago about mental illness and such where quite a few Imixers spilled their guts and told their stories and experience with their own mental illnesses...
can u track it down? might make for good reading.
gosh :( i don't perform well under pressure....

I'll see.

Audree

Bush Baby
Taj...

There was a thread a few years ago about mental illness and such where quite a few Imixers spilled their guts and told their stories and experience with their own mental illnesses...

smhhhhhhhh

lol

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
gosh :( i don't perform well under pressure....

I'll see.
LMAO..
don't fail me now!! Im pretty sure it was a backchat thread... long one too..
lots of people weighed in.. I remember one imixer was talking about his depression and suicidal thoughts... or something like that. But many others chimed in on their own issues.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
what blue pills??? i dunno.. lol.. when i was younger we had a neighbor who was apparently bipolar or something.. poor me never knew and wasnt exposed to that sorta thign so never paid attention to her.. she used to tell me she goin away for these little vacations.. (i am about 12 and she's in her late 20's or early 30's eh).. and she would would go and come back.. so i'm thinking okay i go away all the time.. maybe she does the same.. eh heh.. then she used to be telling me about her high school days at St. Francois.. so i used to listen as she describe everything.. eh heh.. the mark buss when one day her mother came to visit and i asked the mom how did you feel when ***** passed for St. Francois.. the mother gimme a funny look like "wha you talkin bout".. so i explained well when she passed for that school.. were you suprised, excited, waht?.. the woman ws like.. "***** didnt pass for st. francois or any other school!!" i was like whoa.. then i find out about a week later that the "vacations" were at St. Ann's!!! then i started to see the signs.. the persecution complex, the anger and frequent outbursts.. nuff drama... well guess what folks.. this individual is now a security guard WITH a gun workin at a pharmacy in sweet tnt.. pressure!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Taj...

the way you say it sounds like a GOOD bit of people have mental issues on here.. what gives..

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
LMAO..
don't fail me now!! Im pretty sure it was a backchat thread... long one too..
lots of people weighed in.. I remember one imixer was talking about his depression and suicidal thoughts... or something like that. But many others chimed in on their own issues.
Do u remember that thread?
its difficult if I wasn't in it i tried depression, suicide, bipolar, schizophrenia... nothing more than 2 pages

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
the way you say it sounds like a GOOD bit of people have mental issues on here.. what gives..
We had a few that was open with it..
they don't post anymore....but they are still friends or atleast acquaintances with alot of the old heads.

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
its difficult if I wasn't in it i tried depression, suicide, bipolar, schizophrenia... nothing more than 2 pages
Oh Gorsh Taj..
I think it was also titled mental illness.. sometime between 06 and 08.
let me see if I can find it.. although Im not good at this search thing.

C

CocoErotika

no i mean somebody who is diagnosed as havin bipolar disorder, depression, manic depressive, pychosis, schizophrenic... not just somebody who act the fool wheenver..
well if they have been diagnosed, then they should be working on it. but yes it is a chore to deal with them. both diagnosed and undiagnosed. at least with the diagnosed you know there should be light at the end of tunnel

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Oh Gorsh Taj..
I think it was also titled mental illness.. sometime between 06 and 08.
let me see if I can find it.. although Im not good at this search thing.
you know the thread starter could have deleted it quietly right.

Cos I think there was another thread about childhood molestation and ppl shared in that one too.

But I don't have a thread starter, mental or illness as thread title not pulling up anything neither is st anns, st ann's, madhouse etc

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
you know the thread starter could have deleted it quietly right.

Cos I think there was another thread about childhood molestation and ppl shared in that one too.

But I don't have a thread starter, mental or illness as thread title not pulling up anything neither is st anns, st ann's, madhouse etc
OK... the one Im really looking for I cant find and you are right..it may have been deleted..but THIS was a real good one... Im going to Bump it.

http://www.islandmix.com/backchat/f6/admit-something-imix-173259/index11.html

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
and they get back on...
the key is them recognizing when they are slipping... I've known a couple to actually do that and go back on.
most do not. and being an adult unless someone has medical power of attorney over them, they can't be forced to.

I have a childhood friend in the same position too. But the thing is you can recognize whne they are lying about being on their meds, or when they are slipping, but it can be a helluva a thing to convince them that they are becoming unstable again.

by time some realize, a whole lot of damage has been done and that can be really taxing on the next person. :( That can turn into a constant roller-coaster ride that is draining on the next person.
they have improved the meds process these days for that very reason. some are liquid now instead of pill, less days needed to take them, and some are injections.