Missing 6 year old found wrapped in plastic at bottom of barrel in Mothers apartment.

all4life

Forca Barca
POLICE confirmed this afternoon that missing six-year-old Keyanna Cumberbatch has been found. Her decomposing body was discovered stuffed in a barrel, near Building 5, Maloney Gardens. Police are on the scene. Initial reports are that Keyanna's body was found in a barrel located inside her family's apartment. It was covered in clothing. Residents who smelt the decay called police who made the discovery. Keyanna had been missing since Monday. Come back to this story for updates The second-year pupil of St Barbara’s Shouter Baptist Primary School went missing around 5.20 p.m. while on her way to her grandmother’s apartment, located just metres away from where she lived at Building Four in Maloney. She was in the company of the male relative prior to her disappearance. Keyana’s mother, Simone Williams, 27, told the Express on Tuesday, she was only made aware of her daughter’s disappearance after she made a call to her mother, asking her about the girl. Her mother, she said, informed her Keyana never showed up at her apartment as she was expec####ted to. Williams said she then made calls to other family members seeking to locate the girl before making a police report. Crime scene detectives and officers from the Canine Unit visited the area where the girl lived and carried out a search, but she was not found, until today. The relative was taken into custody on Tuesday afternoon and was being interrogated by officers at the Arouca Police Station last night. Investigators said the man informed them he knew nothing of the girl’s disappearance. The man told officers he walked Keyana to the building where her grandmother’s apartment was located and saw her enter the building. Contacted by phone yesterday morning, Williams said she was still keeping hope alive her eldest of three daughters would be found. The Express paid a visit to her home during the afternoon period but Williams was not there. When again contacted by phone, Williams said she was at the Arouca Police Station where she was being updated on the findings of the investigation. Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar expressed her sentiments towards the family of the missing girl. Speaking at the opening of a new bridge in Boodoo Branch Trace, Penal (See Page 9), the Prime Minister said: “For anyone who is missing, it is a pain to everyone of us. I am sure the Ministry of National Security and the protective forces will do everything they can to ensure the child is home safely. It is very painful...

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
all these lil kids seriously don't care how callous it is its their family
each and every time

another big problem all these kidnapped aka runaway aka going to spend time with their boyfriends lil girls that have ppl searching for them shedding tears then they jus pop up and ppl shame to say anything

Sad

all4life

Forca Barca
SIX-YEAR-OLD Keyana Cumberbatch was struck on the head by someone using a heavy blunt instrument. In addition, the autopsy found it was after being killed or becoming unconscious her body was then sexually violated. The preliminary examination also concluded the child had not been sexually assaulted immediately prior to her death, forensic pathologist Dr Valerie Alexandrov said yesterday. After doing the autopsy, Alexandrov confirmed the blow to Keyana’s head was so severe and the trauma to her skull was so extensive, “the skull fracture extended to the base of the skull which showed that significant force was applied.” A police detective in a bright yellow polo-shirt attempted to prevent the media from interviewing Dr Alexandrov but he intervened, citing public interest and the need for media to have accurate information. The blow was so severe, Alexandrov said, it could only be compared to injuries sustained during a motor-vehicle accident and, “it would not have been a survivable one”. Asked if a fall could have produced such injury, Alexandrov said “No.” He said he would do further tests with tissue samples to determine whether there had been sexual assault anytime in the past. The murdered girl’s mother, Simone Williams, along with her (Williams’s) step-father, Simon Harrison, and other relatives were at the Forensic Science Centre, Long Circular Road, St James, yesterday. The child’s biological father, Kevon Cumberbatch, was not there. A man who was said to be a “friend” of her mother remained in police custody up to last night. At Forensic yesterday the family kept mostly to themselves but at least on two occasions Simone Williams was seen walking through the car-park crying. One or two relatives ran after her. “I don’t want you standing too close to the road,” a woman was heard telling Williams and, as the relative held Williams, the 27-year-old mother collapsed and had to be helped towards a parked car where she was placed in the back seat. Harrison, however, spoke to reporters after the autopsy results were received. “We cannot believe that she was sexually assaulted and right now I cannot even explain how I am feeling,” he said. He too, quickly left after the results had been received. Later in the afternoon, the Express visited Building 4 in Maloney where the family lives and we were told by a member of the community that a female relative had disclosed the fatal blow to Keyana’s head had been rendered with a baton. The community member explained that when Williams detected a foul scent in her apartment Thursday she began a thorough search that eventually led to the shipping barrel in which Keyana’s body was found. She had begun to empty the barrel when she came upon the child’s hand sticking upwards and immediately ran out of the house to the Maloney police post, the resident said. Officers from the post accompanied her back to the apartment, having also called police in Port of Spain. The story began on Monday when the child was reported missing by her mother to the Maloney police who told her she needed to wait 24 hours before they could act on a missing-person report. The child was last seen alive at 5.20 p.m. on Monday after she returned from St Barbara’s Shouter Baptist Primary School in Maloney, where she was a standard two pupil. She left to visit her grandmother who lives a short distance away. The male friend of her mother’s was later seen with the child following which she disappeared. —additional reporting by Kim Boodram
bad to worse

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6JDjEeUDscs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Poca

A 6 yrs old child is missing and the police needs to wait 24 hrs to
Intervene???? Poor kid though. I hope she did not suffer.

They should set up an "Amber alert" system in Trinidad.

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Obviously the mother was also involved! If people could smell the dead body next door, then how she inna di house and nevah know?!

Poca

What I don't understand is that a 6 yrs old is supposed to go to grandma and never showed up and no one called to ask if the plan had changed???

EloquenceInc

Get your passport & come !
A 6 yrs old child is missing and the police needs to wait 24 hrs to
Intervene???? Poor kid though. I hope she did not suffer.

They should set up an "Amber alert" system in Trinidad.
That's true in the US too though, they have to be missing 24 hours before they are considered legally missing.

What I don't understand is that a 6 yrs old is supposed to go to grandma and never showed up and no one called to ask if the plan had changed???
According to the article the mother called the grandmother to check on the child and that is when she found out she didn't show.

What is confusing to me is someone above said they investigating the mother's boyfriend but from the article it said a male RELATIVE of the child is the one they questioning as he was the one suppose to walk her to grandma's.

Where is the child's father is what I want to know...sigh. It's so scary to me that so much wrong happens to girls whose fathers are MIA (or no good)...

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
The whole family is involved. A small child like that going somewhere alone? Fine. Maybe they feel the walk is short but no one don't call when she don't reach? No one search the child's home?

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
That's true in the US too though, they have to be missing 24 hours before they are considered legally missing.

According to the article the mother called the grandmother to check on the child and that is when she found out she didn't show.

What is confusing to me is someone above said they investigating the mother's boyfriend but from the article it said a male RELATIVE of the child is the one they questioning as he was the one suppose to walk her to grandma's.

Where is the child's father is what I want to know...sigh. It's so scary to me that so much wrong happens to girls whose fathers are MIA (or no good)...
they always say close male relative in cases like these to protect the persons identity...the child's mother and father were seperated...

dedetriniking

Ms St Rose Greaves in that news clip...hit meh right there. What a towering towering towering woman...she was inspirational in that piece.