Newcomer Vemon to the Guyana Soca Monarch 2013!!! will he cause a upset!!!

hbkkeron

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PGCAE0tRpWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LINDEN MEh SEH!!!!!!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Yo...the tune wicked, thanks for sharing that ! The question is can he go out there and execute it over a 5 star General like Adrian or others.

Digga D

UK™ (CEO)
Yo...the tune wicked, thanks for sharing that ! The question is can he go out there and execute it over a 5 star General like Adrian or others.
No is my first impression..

no u wicked to say dis tune good, u good yes, alyuh does juss make me laugh.
its aight but there seems to lack producers in GT to make the world listen more, i tend to notice others like AD go elsewhere and make sure songs are up to a decent standard not just for the GT scene...

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

its aight but there seems to lack producers in GT to make the world listen more, i tend to notice others like AD go elsewhere and make sure songs are up to a decent standard not just for the GT scene...
I think the GT producers need to work more with the other islands producers until they get fully up to speed.
I normally find that their productions tend to sound a bit dated when compared with those from the other islands.

On the flip side I think they have the potential to develop their own distinctive GT soca sound and to bring something different to the table that is distinctively Guyanese.

I think the GT producers need to work more with the other islands producers until they get fully up to speed.
I normally find that their productions tend to sound a bit dated when compared with those from the other islands.

On the flip side I think they have the potential to develop their own distinctive GT soca sound and to bring something different to the table that is distinctively Guyanese.
Definitely, sounds a bit dated

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Huh….are you for real?

maybe you mean they lack the Big Marketing to push their music, GT might not have the man power like T&T or Barbados re : music producers…frankly, Imo, I don’t think they take it that serious…like, yeah let’s do this, SM coming ! No way are these guys short of talent , they have the skill set to make it happen, !

Like most Small Islands, I see the issue being a lack of Big Money promoters, hence it lack the marketing power to get it out there.
Yo Kross Kolor been working tirelessly to promote soca out of GT and have produce some Top-A –Toppa Tracks such as :

Koction Riddim: Adrian Dutchin, X2, Big Red, Malo

All tracks on this riddim was wicked, Bid Red, destroyed it.....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M_d2mRf2c9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Call it what it is……the money is not there……or IMO, the interest is not there !

btw......you ever listen to

Sarsparilla riddim?

so you saying this lack "decent standard"

X2 feat. Gillo - Tick Tock

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4eJIILnf35Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hbkkeron

Huh….are you for real?

maybe you mean they lack the Big Marketing to push their music, GT might not have the man power like T&T or Barbados re : music producers…frankly, Imo, I don’t think they take it that serious…like, yeah let’s do this, SM coming ! No way are these guys short of talent , they have the skill set to make it happen, !

Like most Small Islands, I see the issue being a lack of Big Money promoters, hence it lack the marketing power to get it out there.
Yo Kross Kolor been working tirelessly to promote soca out of GT and have produce some Top-A –Toppa Tracks such as :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M_d2mRf2c9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sarsparilla riddim?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4eJIILnf35Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe Kross Kolor is the best music production in Guyana but their Artist are not there other than Big Red, Jumo and Dutchin.

Digga D

UK™ (CEO)
Huh….are you for real?

Sarsparilla riddim?

Banna as me boi would ...:kicks

You don't need to show me about GT MUSIC i have pretty much a good selection ....

but the only thing i will say is that the only one before AD got on the scene that based himself else where was Militant he's got tunes but again "MARKETING" seems to be lacking.

:dirol:

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Banna as me boi would ...:kicks

You don't need to show me about GT MUSIC i have pretty much a good selection ....

but the only thing i will say is that the only one before AD got on the scene that based himself else where was Militant he's got tunes but again "MARKETING" seems to be lacking.

:dirol:
Ok, fair enough, you know or have a good selection, then no need to spread propaganda on the www re GT music scene about 'decent selections ' lol, yes, no ?

As you know, every island put out shit music, or music you don't like .just check a few Threads down.....so yes, keep it real.....they have a lack of Marketing....peace.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Who won the Soca monarch title? Results please!
Yeah, it would be interesting to find out the results from the final that should have taken place last night.
Here is an article giving us news of what transpired in the Semis.

Rain cancels Carib Soca Monarch semis
February 11, 2013

– all 17 semi-finalists advance to final

The Carib Soca Monarch semi-finals on Saturday evening were called off as a result of a heavy downpour which swamped the Rose Hall Ground, Corentyne, Berbice.

As a result, a unanimous decision was taken to allow the 17 semi-finalists to advance to the final at the National Park Tarmac on February 16 which is expected to be steaming hot. The soca artistes will compete with the hope of copping the coveted title from reigning soca monarch Jumo “Rubber Waist” Primo who is coming full force with “Fireworks” to defend his crown.

The semi-finalists all turned up at the Rose Hall Ground with the intention of putting on a great show instead they were greeted with a muddy surface and a water-soaked stage. After a meeting with coordinator of the competition, Nigel Worrell, the artistes decided that they would still give their Berbice fans a taste of sweet soca music, although, a decision was taken to halt the competition aspect owing to the state of the ground.

Worrell added that with 18 artistes competing in the final, it will be bigger and better. Before the artistes took to the stage, Guyana Times caught up with a few of them. While some were elated that they made it to the finals, some were disappointed, claiming that rain, sun or snow, the competition should have gone ahead as planned.

Ernesta Nelson is one of the artistes who said she was happy with the decision, knowing for a fact that she would be one step closer to the title without being pressured by a semi-final competition. She added that while she came prepared to thrill her fans, she will move forward to the final and hope for the best.

Another artiste, Compton Boyce was unfazed. He said while there will not be a semi-final competition, he knew he would have gotten into the final from the inception. The artiste did not reveal his plans for his final presentation, but promised that it would be explosive.

One of the favourites in this year’s competition, George Anthony Abrams, said he was not too disappointed but went to Berbice to perform for his fans. He is happy to have been automatically promoted to the final which he says will be a “royal rumble”. “It will be the grand finale so I will go there and execute my presentation according to my game plan,” he added.

Jonathan “Lil Red” King also expressed his surprise at the decision, while acknowledging that it was quite impossible to perform on a wet stage. He is anticipating that the final will be grand and full of excitement.

Two other artistes, Orlando “Bonesman” Johansen and “Avalanche” said their reaction was “bittersweet”, since both of them came well prepared to rock Berbice.

Jamal “G-Money” Gittens, as well, all decked in his presentation outfit, said that his fans will benefit from double action on the night of the grand finale.

A disappointed Shondel London, a member of the Mingles Sound Machine, said she came to compete and the competition should have gone ahead as planned. “There is nothing we could do at this time due to the weather… what I need to do is to give it my all on the night of the finals.“

The two powerhouses, Melissa “Vanilla” Roberts and Wilbur “B52” Levans, performing together as a duo, were ready to tear the roof off. Both artistes said that they will now focus on the finals.

Three-time Soca Monarch and five-time Road March King Adrian Dutchin was very disappointed and thought that dry or wet “a war is a war” and the competition should have been executed. He said that now that there will be 18 acts on the night of the final, it will be hectic which will see every artiste bringing their “A-game”.

Nevertheless, 16 of the 17 artistes took to the stage and delivered with class and energy. It was probably the best performances for some since the competition started. The rain and mud did not stop the audience from gyrating to the soca vibes. A few of the artistes held back on their performance, giving the Berbicians flames as they held back the fire for February 16. Adrian Dutchin and George Anthony Abrams were two of the artistes the crowd was looking forward to see perform but both held back their A-game.

After Saturday night’s performances in Berbice, the frontrunners remain Adrian Dutchin with “Jook”; Anthony Abrams with “Pose”; “Vanilla” and “B52” with “Tear de Roof” and jumping into the leaders board is Roger Bowen with “Looking for Bumper”; Jonathan “Lil Red” King with “Never Stop” and King Shepherd with “More Wuk Up”.

Finals were last night! Surely there must be one Guyanese imix Soca fan on this site.... I can't find the results online ... even on facebook ... this is very interesting.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Finals were last night! Surely there must be one Guyanese imix Soca fan on this site.... I can't find the results online ... even on facebook ... this is very interesting.
Then you will hear them complaint about T&T soca artists dominating the soca scene and getting all the exposure. Go figure! :scratch

I believe Jumo repeated as Winner for this year's Carib Soca finals!

<center><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RgwuKLunbJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Can someone please post the full Guyana 2013 Carib Soca Monarch results?

Where is Seawall and the rest of those patriotic Guyanese posters when you need them boy?

Ok so I need to get hold of a copy of that new Jumo song.

Thanks for posting! :drinks:

<center><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CmcHVZNe7dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

The first four positions were as follows:
1. Jumo Primo - Fireworks
2. Kwasi Edmondson - Same Thing
3. Adrian Dutchin - Jook
4. Roger Bowen - Looking Fuh Bumpa

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
<center><iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CmcHVZNe7dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

The first four positions were as follows:
1. Jumo Primo - Fireworks
2. Kwasi Edmondson - Same Thing
3. Adrian Dutchin - Jook
4. Roger Bowen - Looking Fuh Bumpa
Ok thanks!

I need to get all of these GT 2013 power soca songs.

So far I only have Adrian Dutchin's "Jook" which I rate from a production perspective! :drinks: