Nicki prefer Jamaican artistes over Trinis?

Ras_Apache

Foxy is a new yorker as well, they cant reach their audiences with soca. Yall should be mad at rhianna who's never made a soca song and comes from a soca country
I say nikki and rihanna should sing whatever they want. The dancehall thing is much bigger and captures a much more artistic, fashion forward, hype crowd. Soca is cool but its not the same hype.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
I say nikki and rihanna should sing whatever they want. The dancehall thing is much bigger and captures a much more artistic, fashion forward, hype crowd. Soca is cool but its not the same hype.
soca just doesn't have a certain swagger that appeals to people and can be readily marketed. Dancehall has that, even if its the negative aspects being pushed fact is its something that is bankable.

J

Juan Dan

the song is corny and nicki minaj alledgedly has a peenis
:diablo:

N

NaturalBornRidah

Nicki Minaj is not really a Trinidadian, sure she was born there, but she didn't grow up there. How you expect her to rep a place she knows nothing about? She reps Queens, New York, as she should. That's what she knows. Most people don't even know she was born in Trinidad unless they read her bio.

No one is looking for Trinidadian music. No one knows or cares enough to know about it. Jamaican music is known worldwide.

I really don't see what the problem is here.
Dude you really can't tell people what they are and what they aren't.

Last edited:
N

NaturalBornRidah

Nicki Minaj always says that she is from Queens, New York.
Dude regardless of where she is from doesn't mean she is not going to rep her heritage, 2nd Generation Americans always rep the country where the parents are from.

Ushawishi

soca just doesn't have a certain swagger that appeals to people and can be readily marketed. Dancehall has that, even if its the negative aspects being pushed fact is its something that is bankable.
You doh seeing a tussle over "ragga-soca" ... everyfing is a part of a conspiracy...you an apache on to somefing...

I start from de back going front with dis one so if it mention ahready I sorry...

SKBai1991

Nicki Minaj always says that she is from Queens, New York.
To her mostly American audience, yes. But at the same time you haven't the slightest idea how she interacts with her family and relatives so you can't really make the call that she's not Trini.

sankofaa

To her mostly American audience, yes. But at the same time you haven't the slightest idea how she interacts with her family and relatives so you can't really make the call that she's not Trini.
Dude she's a new yorker, proud New yorker, she was the same before she blew up. Those of us actually raised in ny don't rep anywhere but nyc

*Sugarr*

nicki can say shes from whereever she wants...if she messes up shes getting sent back to trinidad...bottom line. Are ppl in trinidad buying up her records and supporting her real hard? It seems like ppl want her to rep but if America is fillin her pockets and shes been here since she was 5 eh......

P

Pebbles362436

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SMp-d1yQVi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Steups like some people expect Nicki to tattoo a Trini flag to her forehead. She's naturally rude and she could not be more real. "Trini is where I'm from Trini is where I Rep. So if you got beef with a Trini B!tch EAT A D!CK!!! Nucca.":brunette:LOL

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
a) When asked, Nicki always makes it known that she is a born Trini who moved here young and spent most of her childhood/early adults yrs in Queens.

b) Is she supposed to have a Trini flag attached to her wig? Damn.

c) She owes TnT nothing and can feature who she pleases on a damn song. The only person worthy of even being featured would be MM. Who knows, maybe that will happen.

d)Dancehall has more appeal than soca globally and for whoever said dancehall is on the decline, have a seat plz.

MANISHWATERS

Nicki dont even know what a mango tree look like she knows nothing about tnt she's a raised yankee from since she was 5 years old.

N

NaturalBornRidah

She reps NY. She doesn't rep Trinidad. So wtf are you talking about?
So,that doesn't mean she wouldn't rep it and doesn't mean she can't ,I could care less about Nicki Minaj,but you can't tell people what they can or can't do ,if they have a certain back ground.