Nicki prefer Jamaican artistes over Trinis?

Steupz

Dey prove dancehall prospering yet?
Fvckers and dem cah get visas, selling cocaine to survive, can't pay their taxes, depending on Trinidad to pay dem, doh sell records, doh chart singles and raping people.
That rubbish music will soon go away. For good.

P

Pebbles362436

LOL Nicki is very ambitious and nobody felt sorry for her. She worked hard to get where she is today and don't owe no blasted body a damn thing. She collaborated/worked with the best in the industry. Maybe some people need to take a couple pages from her book and learn what drive it takes to be successful. Then some of you can try to knock her if your game and bank account large as her's.lol Oh yeah FYI she's been going to the Labor Day parade since she was 12yrs old.lol Both her parents are Trinis.

Nicki Minaj E Television Documentary Part 1

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pL47ViKKVho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JFAYK4X7bRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dealing with jealousy in the industry

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CD2OiQKh0As" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Steupz

The term "owes" is the cavity in the argument.
Minaj doesn't owe anyone anything but there are points to be addressed:

1) Her ties to Trinidad is part of her narrative and, I would wager, was key to her getting that lavish MTV production

2) She said she wanted to work with Trinidad artistes. SHE SAID THAT.

3) The rap game has an unwritten rule, it appears to me, on mentoring unknown artistes and 'putting them on' as they say. It's just the way they do business.

4) It won't hurt her. Trinidad is a big paying market. Having a Trini/Tobie artiste on a track - not necessarily on her album - isn't going to affect her image. She's done a lot of throwaway tracks with others.

So yes, she doesn't owe anyone here anything, but it's a legitimate discussion.

P

Pebbles362436

Allyuh does forget fast and too blasted ungrateful. She went Trinidad eat her belly full of roti took her family shopping, waved her Trini flag high and wine she waist. Trinidad showed her mad love because she was Real on that stage and the tears about her grandmother in Trinidad was REAL. Machel is the Million dollar man and have Kamla as a BFF.LOL Yuh know the Trinidad PM that found millions of barrels of black gold. Trinidad showed Nicki mad love with fireworks etc. Nicki told them how she is honor to be back home in Trinidad. She's proud of where she is from and nobody will never be able to change that is who she is.lol :brunette: If its meant to be it will be. Learn how to get yuh own shit!!!
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bx6AlKm0Jyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:

SKBai1991

Dude she's a new yorker, proud New yorker, she was the same before she blew up. Those of us actually raised in ny don't rep anywhere but nyc
You're preaching to the choir here, I came to NY as a child same as she and to most people I'm a New Yorker in terms of demeanour but put me around my family and you couldn't tell I was raised in NY. Unless you know all the intricate details of someone's personal life you can't say what they are or aren't, looks can be very deceiving. The very same people repping NY may well be in touch with their Caribbean roots and you just don't see that side of them because you don't know them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YiwCgeswZ50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Same man who wrote "New York Sh!t" is there in Jamaica rapping in Patois. You forget that part of being a New Yorker is being cosmopolitan and embracing all aspects of your identity.

G

Gladiator

These artist don't even care about all the shit y'all talking about..because they don't care. Y'all want them to represent you guys so bad, its like y'all don't have much to choose from...

..negros in here wanna mention Foxy Brown now, last time I checked she was born in New York,so WTF y'all talking about lol..she probably wear a trini flag at a show so y'all hyped, but in her music she reppin New York hard, just like Minaj...

but Wait Wait ! lets see which other celebrity have parents and grandparents from an island so we can claim them

:kicks: some of y'all so pathetic...

BRIAN

These artist don't even care about all the shit y'all talking about..because they don't care. Y'all want them to represent you guys so bad, its like y'all don't have much to choose from...

..negros in here wanna mention Foxy Brown now, last time I checked she was born in New York,so WTF y'all talking about lol..she probably wear a trini flag at a show so y'all hyped, but in her music she reppin New York hard, just like Minaj...

but Wait Wait ! lets see which other celebrity have parents and grandparents from an island so we can claim them

I'm embarrassed, and I'm not even a Trini.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

I'm embarrassed, and I'm not even a Trini.
This is the problem with a lot of you people who post on Imix.

Is like allyuh caught up in the matrix.

SWAGGERIFIC posted his opinion and it is just his view and no one else's.

His view is not the view of all Trinis everywhere, it is just his.

Some of you folks on Imix need to unplug yourselves from the matrix.

The view of one person posted on a discussion board does not represent the views of everyone from the country he/she comes from.

It is just that one person's view so stop trying to generalise.

Last edited:

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
Dey prove dancehall prospering yet?
Fvckers and dem cah get visas, selling cocaine to survive, can't pay their taxes, depending on Trinidad to pay dem, doh sell records, doh chart singles and raping people.
That rubbish music will soon go away. For good.
u talkin pure sh!t. A good bit of them were blacklisted for a while because of Dudus. So they went else where and made their money (which pays them better). Selling coke to survive? Buju and 99.9999% of them that do sold coke cuz they greedy and foolish (hustler mentality). Tax evasion ain dancehall artist specific and i doubt it is as common place as u make it seem. Not even touching that Trinidad comment. Who the hell really sells records to make a substantial profit from besides mainstream artists? and even their sales are not what they used to be. Certainly not soca artists so rethink that thought. What soca artist besides KL and Rupee has charted (in recent times)? Dont worry, i will wait. Many dancehall artists have had at least one charted single. As for the rape thing, I wasnt there, neither were u so i cant comment.

U making it seem as if dancehall is this great evil. Saying dancehall will die is like saying soca will as well. U talking too much rubbish.

Last edited:

Steupz

u talkin pure sh!t. A good bit of them were blacklisted for a while because of Dudus. So they went else where and made their money (which pays them better). Selling coke to survive? Buju and 99.9999% of them that do sold coke cuz they greedy and foolish (hustler mentality). Tax evasion ain dancehall artist specific and i doubt it is as common place as u make it seem. Not even touching that Trinidad comment. Who the hell really sells records to make a substantial profit from besides mainstream artists? and even their sales are not what they used to be. Certainly not soca artists so rethink that thought. What soca artist besides KL and Rupee has charted (in recent times)? Dont worry, i will wait. Many dancehall artists have had at least one charted single. As for the rape thing, I wasnt there, neither were u so i cant comment.

U making it seem as if dancehall is this great evil. Saying dancehall will die is like saying soca will as well. U talking too much rubbish.
And still no one, NO ONE, has posted anything that disproves Dancehall is declining.
That's the bottomline.
And yes, it's rubbish music. Rubbish.

Last edited: