NM police shoot at a minivan full of KIDS

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
MY 2 cents the mom is wrong and the cop is also wrong for firing the shots ... What say you Imix ?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5XyYd97VDIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
The mother was scared, but what made her think it was the best thing to do to drive away from the police? Her son needed a cuff to the chin. I understand it's his mother, but what made him think he was above the law for getting into a fight with the state trooper? That officer firing the gun did that because of what? What if he had actually hit one of the other kids? Too many questions for these people who didn't think/or act accordingly.

Poca

Well obviously the mother was wrong but I'm sure that they could have less dangerous opportunities to arrest her for driving away from the cops. They have her listen plate and could easily know where she lives and works. It did not need to get to that point.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
What did she really think was going to happen when you drive away? Like seriously? She put her kids in so much danger because of her foolishness.

Minxy

The mother was scared, but what made her think it was the best thing to do to drive away from the police? Her son needed a cuff to the chin. I understand it's his mother, but what made him think he was above the law for getting into a fight with the state trooper? That officer firing the gun did that because of what? What if he had actually hit one of the other kids? Too many questions for these people who didn't think/or act accordingly.
i guess the same thing his mother thought when she drove off :meeting:

Well obviously the mother was wrong but I'm sure that they could have less dangerous opportunities to arrest her for driving away from the cops. They have her listen plate and could easily know where she lives and works. It did not need to get to that point.
thats what i thought, the license plate, but in the same token, can they make exceptions for women that have kids in the car? Why did she put her kids in that situation? IDK...seems extreme on both parts

Poca

To me, it's not about because the kids are in the car but mainly because that situation at that time, did not call for all that. There are more than one way ( pulling out gun) to enforce the law. I always thought that officers pull their guns if they fear for their safety or somene else's safety.

Minxy

what do u mean its not about the kids in the car? Thats how they are supposed to handle it if the driver doesn't want to get out of the car or tries to flee

Poca

I'm saying that the initial goal was to give her a traffic violation ticket, not to arrest her because there was an outstanding warrant against her or anything serious and life damaging. They have the mean to locate her and give her the ticket and get her fir driving away from the cops.

Minxy

Poca, they don't let people who try to FLEE, do so and then send them a ticket...she going to jail juss for that..the only reason for them to possibly use restraint is because of the kids in the car

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
If you are evading the police they don't just take the license plate and say "oh, I'll meet her at her house when she gets home". In situations like this, evading the police means you are guilty of something and it leads to a car chase. The mother risked her children's lives unnecessarily in numerous ways.

Poca

I guess that it's really different for us. Here unless a suspect is highly dangerous the mentality is not to do a crazy car chase because it puts other people at risk. Many times, "fugitives" end up crashing their cars, hitting other cars, hitting people, damaging property when being chased by the police. I guess it's a different mentality.

She must have been on something or under a pile of stress, but she's wrong anyway and the cop double wrong firing at van with children inside...guess he was anxious to record his first kill or something...a rookie type reaction

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
What ah focking moron! The officer firing the shots may not have been totally aware of the passenger make up inside. All he knows is he is backing up an officer attempting to make an arrest who was under attack. The mom is a supreme jackass and may have caused her son (who not to focking bright anyway) any chance at having a clean record. Unless you have an emergency as in someone inside your vehicle pregnant or badly injured and in need of immediate medical assistance, driving away from a state trooper is automatic lock up.

If you are evading the police they don't just take the license plate and say "oh, I'll meet her at her house when she gets home". In situations like this, evading the police means you are guilty of something and it leads to a car chase. The mother risked her children's lives unnecessarily in numerous ways.
Anyone taking police on a chase is a danger to the public at large and has to be contained. Anyone who says or feels that because they have license plate info they should negate chase probably can't work out complexed equations beyond 1+1. I mean how about they running because the car is stolen, maybe just the plates are stolen, maybe they have contraband in the car? Or as so commonly practiced what happens when they don't live where the car is registered? I guess if police suspect drugs they should just take the license plate number and wait for you by where the vehicle is registered (even when your car is registered in another state) :nea:

Poca

All I'm saying is that here police officers are discouraged to take go on car chase because then that situation puts a lot if people at risk. Unless the "fugitive" is highly dangerous and needs to be stopped right away. The mentality is to have the less collateral damage possible.

LIONESS onda RISE

All I'm saying is that here police officers are discouraged to take go on car chase because then that situation puts a lot if people at risk. Unless the "fugitive" is highly dangerous and needs to be stopped right away. The mentality is to have the less collateral damage possible.
That is how it is supposed to b poca! Here, high speed police chases are supposed to be a no-no unless situation has become violent or extremely dangerous

And IMO, no justification at firing at the back of a fleeing vehicle ... Children or no!

Must say I didn't see the clip

Mayak

Imix Bad Man
the ole biitch looks kinda good yo...
i was hoping the officer beat she up or something...kissteeth

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
The officer who fired his weapon appear to be the last of the three officers who responded to the call for backup.

When a person is last or even second to arrive...that person is in reacting off adrenaline, you jump in feet first.

If the car is in PARK....

you have to shift pass REVERSE....

to go into DRIVE.

in the video, even with the glare of broad daylight you can see the revrse light illuminate.

I don't know any of us here, well correct me if I'm wrong....that have Xray vision, can see the future, or see people's thoughts.

Snap decisions in split seconds, hopefully the right decision is made...yeh hoepfully.

Checkout videos below....

Car thief in Astoria trying to get away - YouTube

Oregon State Police Shoot Out - Man Speeding Shoots at Police - YouTube

INSANE Police Shooting - Solon Officer - YouTube