No, I'm not going to the world cup

Inquistive

Oneshot, what you think of this?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZApBgNQgKPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Klang

Real Patriot
valid points, but i do honestly think the world cup and olympics will make a positive change for the country. people are forced to be on their best and withhold their reputation. they also giving the country new infrastructure. not only new football staidums are built, but roads and public transport are fixed, and like she said street hustlers would make more money.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Her gripe about the World Cup could be geared towards every country that ever hosted a major event, the U.S hosted the World Cup in 94 look how many homeless people the U.S have, look home many hungry kids the US have. same can be said about England, China, Germany etc.

DSP

Heri
valid points, but i do honestly think the world cup and olympics will make a positive change for the country. people are forced to be on their best and withhold their reputation. they also giving the country new infrastructure. not only new football staidums are built, but roads and public transport are fixed, and like she said street hustlers would make more money.
I don't know about the world cup but the olympics leaves every city in it's wake bankrupt. People are blinded by the prestige of alot of these events, but don't take into account the true impact. I honestly think Atlanta made a turn for the worse after the olympics back in the 90s. I don't know the impact after a world cup because Im not familiar with what it takes to run it and rules and stipulations involved, but it does make sense to spend that same amount of money on the citizens if they're not doing so.