Nou Kay Pale Kweyòl--Mal Pale edisyon

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
haitian creole almost like another language to me e, ca't really understand if dey speakin.
lol they think the same for ours.. they be saying i hear creole but you eh makin scene

like when we use the word Sewo for them it's some other thing to do with sweetener for food lol for us its party liming and such

lol they think the same for ours.. they be saying i hear creole but you eh makin scene

like when we use the word Sewo for them it's some other thing to do with sweetener for food lol for us its party liming and such
actually they right kind of, sewo in kweyol means sweet, but recently dominicans create a new slang for it. 1 day i tell my grandmother i goin out for sewo, she say she it have sugar in de house already.

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
actually they right kind of, sewo in kweyol means sweet, but recently dominicans create a new slang for it. 1 day i tell my grandmother i goin out for sewo, she say she it have sugar in de house already.
lmfao thats kinda funny.. well u see how bad it is we speaking too much slang then lol.. it was first used in this track u know..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CdSeTKzJOEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

then skinny take it on and form that 1st WCK track he do SEWO it just stick with us to party fet lime and all that good shit

lmfao thats kinda funny.. well u see how bad it is we speaking too much slang then lol.. it was first used in this track u know..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CdSeTKzJOEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

then skinny take it on and form that 1st WCK track he do SEWO it just stick with us to party fet lime and all that good shit
yeh, i expectin bigger tings from skinny dis year tho, he say is de return of de bouyon muffin.

P

Poca

haitian creole almost like another language to me e, ca't really understand if dey speakin.
I don't think that it's that different from yours. Once you hear it once or twice you should be able to make most of the links.

I think that is because to me it seems to me that you guys use a lot of "non kreyol" words. Like my Lucian friend, he uses quite a lot of english words in his speech. Also at times it sounds to me as if he does not fully pronouncing his words. it also seems that the "r" is often if not all the time replaced with "w". like we would say siro not sewo and it does mean sirop to us or something that is really sweet.

yeah Sew

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Mal Pale an imixer --Mwen pa té sèwiyé lè mwen di sa...if you want though :kicks

Dominica-La Dominique

St.Lucia-Sainte Lucie

Haiti- Ayiti

Martinique

Guadeloupe- Gwadada

Marie Galante

St.Kits*

SVG*

Pale Ou Pale :fans:

Martinique = Matinik = Madinina

Umm i think the word Siwo has been used in songs before this

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
yeh, i expectin bigger tings from skinny dis year tho, he say is de return of de bouyon muffin.
You know what come to think about it i could be wrong cause Siwo and Sewo spell different and also Sewo is a shorten abbreviation for Sewotè aint it? Could have it own meaning I must look into that or maybe one of the Da muzik heads can tell us.

Yeh skiny chante de ki bouyon muffin :kicks

Mwen kontan cho cho cho bouyon :king:

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
Martinique = Matinik = Madinina

Umm i think the word Siwo has been used in songs before this
In relation to a song that made the word bigger. but i cold be wrong since both words spell diff and sewo is a shorten form of sewote

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
I don't think that it's that different from yours. Once you hear it once or twice you should be able to make most of the links.

I think that is because to me it seems to me that you guys use a lot of "non kreyol" words. Like my Lucian friend, he uses quite a lot of english words in his speech. Also at times it sounds to me as if he does not fully pronouncing his words. it also seems that the "r" is often if not all the time replaced with "w". like we would say siro not sewo and it does mean sirop to us or something that is really sweet.

yeah Sew

Yup!

Alot of fillers are english words :kicks

Lucian and Dominican creole are more or less the same

That Siro thing sounds on point. siro-siwo-sewo??

but i know sewote is the full word just need to rectify that one.

You know what come to think about it i could be wrong cause Siwo and Sewo spell different and also Sewo is a shorten abbreviation for Sewotè aint it? Could have it own meaning I must look into that or maybe one of the Da muzik heads can tell us.

Yeh skiny chante de ki bouyon muffin :kicks

Mwen kontan cho cho cho bouyon :king:
ye mun, well unfortunately no older dominicans on imix. oldest 1 is prolly nica lol.

P

Poca

Maybe they mean in in the context of a lime being nice, sweet, agreable.
also sewote/siroté for haitians mean to take your time to drink something, usually a sweet one. My dict. says that it in english it is "to sip" but I don't think that it conveys the meaning haitians use it for. For us to sip would be to " pran ti gogé". Siroté really means to get some enjoyment drinking a nice drink.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
also sewote/siroté for haitians mean to take your time to drink something, usually a sweet one. My dict. says that it in english it is "to sip" but I don't think that it conveys the meaning haitians use it for. For us to sip would be to " pran ti gogé". Siroté really means to get some enjoyment drinking a nice drink.
Exactly and the origins of "Siwo" used in the song is from sirop-fr. Like how we say siwo myel.

Maruka

Qualified Mixologist
lol it's like we just made our own definition for it from the moment that Sewo track came from Dominica i guess? I'm not too sure if I have heard it being used to terms of partying and liming before that song since i was a lil kid when that came out anyways.

I remember the look on my haitan buddies face when they 1st heard us talk about going to a sewo :rofl: they did mention sumn about honey :rofl: But now even them saying it..the spelling gives it's own meaning.
Exactly and the origins of "Siwo" used in the song is from sirop-fr. Like how we say siwo myel.
Yeah I got the siro part. It's on point..