Novel: 'The Liar's Gospel' an alternative view of the Gospels

Steupz

You provide the platform because I see nothing here at first read (yesterday) nor second read (today).

BacchanalDiva

Dunno if you wanna start that here. Christian, non Christian and Atheist have been coexisting in peace here on imix for last few months. I don't find ppl able to have purely intellectual, non biased convo regarding religion here unless they're so politically correct that its not even worth having the discussion.

SKBai1991

dunno if you wanna start that here. Christian, non christian and atheist have been coexisting in peace here on imix for last few months. I don't find ppl able to have purely intellectual, non biased convo regarding religion here unless they're so politically correct that its not even worth having the discussion.
+10

Ananci_7

Dunno if you wanna start that here. Christian, non Christian and Atheist have been coexisting in peace here on imix for last few months. I don't find ppl able to have purely intellectual, non biased convo regarding religion here unless they're so politically correct that its not even worth having the discussion.
Sadly, I do have to agree with you. And you know what is really ironic? Most of the comments are from British readers, this is the same country that as a colonial power, filled our heads with this garbage, they don't follow it in their own country, but we still fighting one another and holding onto romanticised ideas of the bible and the religion itself, no discourse, no critical analysis, just drone-like conformity.

Steupz

Sadly, I do have to agree with you. And you know what is really ironic? Most of the comments are from British readers, this is the same country that as a colonial power, filled our heads with this garbage, they don't follow it in their own country, but we still fighting one another and holding onto romanticised ideas of the bible and the religion itself, no discourse, no critical analysis, just drone-like conformity.
Cute analysis. Cute analysis that disregards the readership usually attracted to the Guardian.

T

Toppa_Toppa

Steupsssssss

And people like to talk about Christians forcing their beliefs down other people's throats. How many threads have you made now attacking Christianity, Ananci? Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

Ananci_7

Cute analysis. Cute analysis that disregards the readership usually attracted to the Guardian.
Steupsssssss

And people like to talk about Christians forcing their beliefs down other people's throats. How many threads have to made now attacking Christianity, Ananci? Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:
See what I mean BD? I rest my case.

And Steupz, if you read books like Black in Britain, you'd see where it is mentioned that the first generation of migrants to England after WWII encountered churches with often more of them than it had white British citizens. Secularism had taken hold long before the writer of this article was even born, mate.

Steupz

I have a question for you, why do you infidels always need company?
I think it hurts your lot that Christians don't give a damn. They don't care. You could prove beyond a doubt that God doesn't exist and it still wouldn't matter.

What you people don't get it is God exists now, even if it's in our minds, he exists.

And I have another question for you. Do you think this world will be a better place without Christianity?
And I mean this world, eh? Don't take me back to a place with ramparts and catapults.

T

Toppa_Toppa

See what I mean BD? I rest my case.

And Steupz, if you read books like Black in Britain, you'd see where it is mentioned that the first generation of migrants to England after WWII encountered churches with often more of them than it had white British citizens. Secularism had taken hold long before the writer of this article was even born, mate.
See what yuh mean, what?

Steupz

A Trini atheist pains me in my heart, yuh know.
I just don't get it.

I get why Europeans are the way they are. There are hundreds of years of history to haunt Christ out of their lives.
But a Trini? A Trini has no damn good reason to not believe in something.

BacchanalDiva

I have a question for you, why do you infidels always need company?
I think it hurts your lot that Christians don't give a damn. They don't care. You could prove beyond a doubt that God doesn't exist and it still wouldn't matter.

What you people don't get it is God exists now, even if it's in our minds, he exists.

And I have another question for you. Do you think this world will be a better place without Christianity?
And I mean this world, eh? Don't take me back to a place with ramparts and catapults.
See, I think ppl take this stuff too personal. Why is it that ppl w/ strong opinions either way on any other subject, can enjoy discourse on the subject w/out it being all that. I have a cousin who is a devout muslim and looove talking religion w/ him..we usually both end up trying to shout over each other to finish our point but other than that, even though I know he'll never be budged from his beliefs and I won't be budged from mine, the convo itself is stimulating and both of us sometimes bring up points the other never looked at quite that way.

Anyway, as to the bolded we had this discussion already. Just pointing that out..I'm sitting this one out. :read:

Steupz

See, I think ppl take this stuff too personal. Why is it that ppl w/ strong opinions either way on any other subject, can enjoy discourse on the subject w/out it being all that. I have a cousin who is a devout muslim and looove talking religion w/ him..we usually both end up trying to shout over each other to finish our point but other than that, even though I know he'll never be budged from his beliefs and I won't be budged from mine, the convo itself is stimulating and both of us sometimes bring up points the other never looked at quite that way.

Anyway, as to the bolded we had this discussion already. Just pointing that out..I'm sitting this one out. :read:
Is this a general statement? Because I see no contumely here at all. I asked him two questions, no doubt he'll provide a thorough response and we'll go our way, rejoicing.
Well I will, he might kiss a science book

BacchanalDiva

I just don't get it.

I get why Europeans are the way they are. There are hundreds of years of history to haunt Christ out of their lives.
:secrets Ananci is not an atheist

BacchanalDiva

Is this a general statement? Because I see no contumely here at all. I asked him two questions, no doubt he'll provide a thorough response and we'll go our way, rejoicing.
Well I will, he might kiss a science book
OK. The tone I'm reading came across as one of annoyance and bordering on offended.

Steupz

For Ananci to take this long he's probably quoting the heck out of Christopher Hitchens and Dinesh D’Souza

kidray

I just don't get it.

A trini atheist is kinda wierd.what did the church do ?try to banned soca or puncheon? trinis atheist talk to me please,shed ligth on your perspective whoever you are.

T

Toppa_Toppa

And with regards to the 'intellectual discussion' point, what intellectual discussion could be expected to come out of an article about a fictional novel or from comments which are in large part derisive of Christianity?

Hence my first post.

Ananci, what is the point of repeatedly making threads attacking Christianity and then trying to act as though you are some kind of victim?