Nurse in Brooklyn in critical condition after being beaten by patient

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Nurse at Brookdale University Hospital in critical condition after being beaten by patient   - NY Daily News

“He beat the crap out of her,” the police source said. “He jumped out of bed and stomped on her. She was bleeding from the head.”

Lynch was rushed to Kings County Hospital where she underwent brain surgery Friday night. She was listed in critical condition.

Read more: Nurse at Brookdale University Hospital in critical condition after being beaten by patient   - NY Daily News

WTH?

bktrini305

oh laws they too her to kings county? i was born there. and keep wondering when they'll close for good. i work in medical operations research and the crap that happens in that place is notorious now.

bktrini305

ok, I read into it briefly, they seem to be making improvements. But one of the most frustrating things as an process engineer was that huge wing they built that could never be filled because of there system of taking in arrivals. I believe people have died in their waiting room because they weren't keeping rooms for emergency arrivals and instead just interrupting scheduled appointments for emergencies. The latter method is more intuitive in the moment but the former yields consistently greater results and has been replacing the old process everywhere. So much so that you can visible deduce when an facility hasn't made the change. That's what it looked like from the outside looking in if somebody could die in their waiting rooms.

IDK about now but back in the day they were paying like 1/3 of the NYCHealth & Hospitals Corporation malpractice claims. (Thats like 7 or 8 hospitals, but i have no idea how many diagnostics and LTC facilities).

I always joke how i fought my way out the womb in that place.

bktrini305

I'm stupid. i could have looked it up before. There are 10 hospitals, 6 diagnostics, and 5 long term care facilities. And as i understand it, Kings County was responsible for legal shrinkage that was over half of what every other facility lost combined. (1/3 of the whole Health System)