NY Teacher Sends Letter Home Telling Parents WASH YO FUNKY KIDS and gets in Trouble

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152121917780695&set=a.313326575694.184845.10505090694&type=1" data-width="550"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152121917780695&set=a.313326575694.184845.10505090694&type=1">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/wsbtv">WSB-TV</a>.</div></div>

Colors

STEADY WUK
I agree with her, but she coulda been more professional about it though... Shit is funny though

I agree with you....a little more professional should of been applied......just imagine the look on the parents face when they read the note lol

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
I agree with you....a little more professional should of been applied......just imagine the look on the parents face when they read the note lol
Yup, and it shoulda at least been typed and approval gotten from administration... they coulda probably helped her with putting it in more diplomatic terms...

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
I have no issues with it whatsoever. If children coming to school in visibly dirty clothes that have no fresh stains or soiling then that is a hygeine issue that needs addressing. And if they smell worse yet. If yuh chile does be clean yuh have nutten to be up in arms about.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
oh i thought she really put wash your funky kids

it was strongly worded but not overboard tho.

shrug at least she was giving them a warning she could have just reported it to child services and the kids get removed for negligence.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
That is the only thing that surprised me about the letter is that it comes off as a high schooler note from the way it is written lol

Very least he/she could have typed it up and like HAB said applied better grammar and diplomacy in expressing themselves.

otherwise, considering how finicky I am about hygiene, the content of the letter wouldn't have bothered me at all. Years ago a dirty, unkempt child would alert teachers that there might be a problem in the home.

TRINILI0N

Move Quick...Doh Stick
Ghetto ass teacher. I don't care if the teachers point is valid. Check her penmanship ... wdmc. This is what we have teaching our kids ?! Na man. I would have said " Hello *Parent*. There is a serious concern I would like to address concerning your child. Can you please contact me asap as this matter needs your immediate attention. Thank you."

TRINILI0N

Move Quick...Doh Stick
oh i thought she really put wash your funky kids

it was strongly worded but not overboard tho.

shrug at least she was giving them a warning she could have just reported it to child services and the kids get removed for negligence.
That would have been hilarious

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Ghetto ass teacher. I don't care if the teachers point is valid. Check her penmanship ... wdmc. This is what we have teaching our kids ?! Na man. I would have said " Hello *Parent*. There is a serious concern I would like to address concerning your child. Can you please contact me asap as this matter needs your immediate attention. Thank you."
That might backfire when they call because they may feel as if they being singled out. You'd be amazed at how poor many teachers are in basic communication lol

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Seems like being a teacher these days means you have to know how to navigate a mine field like a bomb expert!

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
Seems like being a teacher these days means you have to know how to navigate a mine field like a bomb expert!
Yup

Hmmm idk na ... what other way would you put it.
Teacher probably better off callin social services than getting involved with that. Some parents to ignorant to see that she doing them a favor by communicating with them than alerting child services to what would generally be seen as neglect. That's why I say, I ha no problem with it because as long as I know daz not my child I cool. And also I doh wha my child gettin no ideas from dey funy lil friends dat it ok to be stink lol.