Official St. Lucia Road March 2016 song...

Ljohnb00

This song mash up the fetes kinda came out too late to make it to soca monarch, big up Mac 11 Pandas/Padnas

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LcYATSWgiUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MANISHWATERS

When i first hear it i was like wtf? but everybody i talked to that was in st lucia for the carnival say this mash up everything so im not gonna comment

Is this the birth of a new genre? 'Soca Trap' interesting. The fact that this won road march seems like the Lucian crowd ready for a serious evolution in their music.

Ljohnb00

No matter what your point of view is with this song it really does not matter. This is a different style of soca from St. Lucia (Soca Trap) I was there to witness that song in the fetes it mash up everything. The song have over 100,000 hits on youtube and still counting from a nation of 160,000 people, that says plenty. Look out for that song on the parkway for labor day and Miami it go mash up the road!!!

Carib2

No matter what your point of view is with this song it really does not matter. This is a different style of soca from St. Lucia (Soca Trap) I was there to witness that song in the fetes it mash up everything. The song have over 100,000 hits on youtube and still counting from a nation of 160,000 people, that says plenty. Look out for that song on the parkway for labor day and Miami it go mash up the road!!!
Why can't this be road march? WTF is wrong with St Lucia?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YCyreMNVgIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

some backwards people there LMFAO...

bhalistix

It is I
Why can't this be road march? WTF is wrong with St Lucia?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YCyreMNVgIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

some backwards people there LMFAO...

for road march? WTF wrong wit you?

St Lucia was never know as a major destination for sweet soca, its only Teddyson John who is trying to sound like trinis that sounding good.

Better than PADNA/PANDAS :kicks
Carib you have to understand, in the Caribbean, Roadmarch is not about the sweetest sounding or most well recorded song. Road march is (theoretically) the song that make you want to do crazy things when you hear it, you drunk and full of energy, u need a song to send you into hysteria.

I say theoretically because there are times where DJs are paid off and road march is manipulated.

Pandas in this case, seems to have a local connotation that is specific to St. Lucia, hence why it has become so popular. Unless you are familiar with local culture, you probably wont understand their take on it.

On top of that, its obvious that soca as a genre has been going through a lot of changes recently so the space is open for musicians to experiment with new styles. This experiment seems to have worked!

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
Carib you have to understand, in the Caribbean, Roadmarch is not about the sweetest sounding or most well recorded song. Road march is (theoretically) the song that make you want to do crazy things when you hear it, you drunk and full of energy, u need a song to send you into hysteria.

I say theoretically because there are times where DJs are paid off and road march is manipulated.

Pandas in this case, seems to have a local connotation that is specific to St. Lucia, hence why it has become so popular. Unless you are familiar with local culture, you probably wont understand their take on it.

On top of that, its obvious that soca as a genre has been going through a lot of changes recently so the space is open for musicians to experiment with new styles. This experiment seems to have worked!
Thank you for this explanation. I remember some years back Haiti's "roadmarch" in 2009 was a Rap Kreyol song that just about leveled the place when it was played. Some songs just don't translate well on youtube. You've gotta be there at the club, the fetes, on the road when the song drops to get the full effect.