4. Patrice Roberts (Fetting Di Most) PRMA
5. SuperBlue (Carnival Yo Yo) SUPA
6. Iwer George (Mama Oye) IWER
7. Lyrikal (Lockdown) LYRO
8. Devon Matthews (Level It) DEVM
9. Destra Garcia (Mash Up) DEST
10. Mr Killa (Rolly Polly) KILA
11. Machel Montano (Ministry Of Road) MMHD

For the Power category Mr Killa is in the perfect position to make maximum crowd impact and place in the top 3 but the other darkhorses for the top 3 apart from Machel who he will have to contend with are Iwer, Destra and SuperBlue.
The Groovy Soca competition is going to be much tighter than the Power for most of the places.

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
Groovy Soca Monarch Finalists in order of appearance with Text voting codes

ORDER ARTIST (SONG) TEXT CODE

1. Ravi B (Bread) RAVI
2. Mr Famous (Play More Local) MFAM
3. Erphaan Alves (Contagious) ERPH
4. Skinny Fabulous (Behaving The Worst) SKFB
5. Denise “Saucy Wow” Belfon (Chuku Chuku) SWOW
6. Biggie Irie (Need A Rhythm) BIGG
7. Destra Garcia (First Time) DEST
8. Tallpree (Jab Nation) PREE
9. Farmer Nappy (Big People Party) FARM
10. Cassi (Man In Yuh House) CASI
11. Kerwin Du Bois (Too Real) KCDB
12. Machel Montano (Happiest Man Alive) MMHD

Power Soca Monarch Finalists in order of appearance with Text voting codes

ORDER ARTIST (SONG) TEXT CODE

1. Ann-G (We Love Carnival) ANNG
2. Snakey (The Dhoti Song) SNKE
3. Nadia Batson (Rated R) NBMB
4. Patrice Roberts (Fetting Di Most) PRMA
5. SuperBlue (Carnival Yo Yo) SUPA
6. Iwer George (Mama Oye) IWER
7. Lyrikal (Lockdown) LYRO
8. Devon Matthews (Level It) DEVM
11. Machel Montano (Ministry Of Road) MMHD

For the Power category Mr Killa is in the perfect position to make maximum crowd impact and place in the top 3 but the other darkhorses for the top 3 apart from Machel who he will have to contend with are Iwer, Destra and SuperBlue.
The Groovy Soca competition is going to be much tighter than the Power for most of the places.
How is this determined?

CaribKaraoke

CaribKaraoke.com Owner
I think they held a draw of positions today as they do annually on the Wednesday before the Finals.
I understand Machel can choose to go last as the winner...and I guess superblue chose to go 5th????

But what's AMAZING is that in groovy the biggest draws for the show are right before Machel:

What are the chances?

What's also AMAZING is that right before Machel in the Power is also the biggest draws for the show and Machels biggest competition.

But...I coulda told you that Mr. Killa woulda gone right b4 machel and Kerwin and Farmer woulda been close to Machel.

What's also weird is that the Text code for Machel and Destra are the same for both competitions.
Wouldn't that affect the judging? It's almost like the text votes don't really matter???

This post might be bad for my business...but I'm sick of this soca monarch stuff....things need to change...

Ljohnb00

I understand Machel can choose to go last as the winner...and I guess superblue chose to go 5th????

But what's AMAZING is that in groovy the biggest draws for the show are right before Machel:

What are the chances?

What's also AMAZING is that right before Machel in the Power is also the biggest draws for the show and Machels biggest competition.

But...I coulda told you that Mr. Killa woulda gone right b4 machel and Kerwin and Farmer woulda been close to Machel.

What's also weird is that the Text code for Machel and Destra are the same for both competitions.
Wouldn't that affect the judging? It's almost like the text votes don't really matter???

This post might be bad for my business...but I'm sick of this soca monarch stuff....things need to change...

Good point CaribKaraoke..,

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

What are the chances?

Regards to the highlighted read below and you will see that the text codes go to different numbers for the Groovy and Power Soca competition.
Fans can have their say on who wins the International Soca Monarch titles. It’s a simple process, just use the following codes and be aware that each text costs $2.
To vote for contestants in the ISM Power category, text contestant code to 7622 OR SOCA.
And to vote for contestants in the ISM Groovy Category, text contestant code to 4768 OR GROV.
In fact why don't you go to the Soca Monarch website where I sourced the text voting info from: Digicel Text Codes for Finalists

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I stand corrected on the text codes...everything else I firmly believe.
Maybe you should watch the T&T news tonight and see how they drew the positions.

At any rate the order works out good for business as well as for the audience because Soca Monarch is not just a competition but also a show.

Corrupt file

"The #ISM2014 Power Soca Monarch Drawing Rules for the Reigning Champions, @Machelmontanohd & Super Blue.

1. They can allow the draw to begin
2. They can stop the draw at any point to select their performance positions"

machel decided to go first

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I stand corrected on the text codes...everything else I firmly believe.
As I said sometimes our belief in a conspiracy doesn't always align with reality.
Read articles below for how the ISM draw for positions took place yesterday.

Machel sings last in both Groovy, Power
Published: Thursday, February 27, 2014
Kalifa Clyne (T&T Guardian)

Machel Montano will perform last in both the Groovy and Power Soca categories of the International Soca Monarch competitions tomorrow night. Montano, who pulled first at yesterday’s draw for positions for the competition, chose position number 12 in the Groovy category before returning to his seat to watch fellow band member Farmer Nappy (Darryl Henry) make the choice to perform at position number nine.

Montano, the reigning monarch in both categories, shares the Power Soca title with veteran Austin Lyons (SuperBlue) who returned to the Carnival competition last year with his song Fantastic Friday. Lyons will perform in position five. The two winners shared a playful interaction at yesterday’s event when Montano left his seat to choose his position but was called back by Lyons.

Montano, who had already chosen the last position, put the slip of his paper into his pocket before having a brief conversation with Lyons who had joined him on stage. After the private conversation, Montano’s position was announced, followed by Lyons, who will be performing his recent release Carnival Yo Yo.
The Groovy category will feature 12 competitors, while 11 will compete in the Power category.

Carnival 2014
Machel, Super pick Power positions
Thursday, February 27 2014 (T&T Newsday)

Reigning Power Soca Monarchs Machel Montano and Austin Lyons (Super Blue) will be performing in positions 11 and five respectively in tomorrow’s finals.

The artistes chose their numbers yesterday at Hyatt Regency, Port-of-Spain. Eleven artistes will perform in the Power category while 12 will perform in the Groovy category.

Montano went up first and as he picked his number, Super Blue walked in and made his presence known to Montano and those who attended the event. He ran on stage and hugged Montano, who later gave him a kiss for the cameras. Super Blue then pulled him aside and the two men, looked as if they were consulting on what numbers they should choose with Montano pulling away and saying he had already chosen his number.

After, Super Blue contemplated for a short while on what number to choose before picking number five. Many expressed surprise that he chose to pick a position that was in the middle. Performing in the tenth position is Grenadian artiste Hollice Mapp (Mr Killa) with his very popular song, “Rolly Polly”.

In the Groovy category, Montano also chose to perform last, picking number 12.

machel rush to say he was last in the power, so blue couldnt be last, lol..... montano should win both, but groovy they might "give it" to kerwin/nappy.... cassi aint have a chance