Oye Doodle...Razr Maxx for $99 on Amazon Wireless...What To Do?

OverLord Strum

Ok so I'm primed and ready to load a custom PRL and roam the shit outta the Sprint network so I can force me to leave without paying any early fees. It will take me about a week with the plan that i have lol.

I'm coming to Verizon and going with a Motorola phone...I'm dead set on that. Should I take advantage of the Amazon wireless deal of $99 for the Maxx? or wait for the Razr HD? and will the Razr HD be $199 with contract?

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Ok so I'm primed and ready to load a custom PRL and roam the shit outta the Sprint network so I can force me to leave without paying any early fees. It will take me about a week with the plan that i have lol.

I'm coming to Verizon and going with a Motorola phone...I'm dead set on that. Should I take advantage of the Amazon wireless deal of $99 for the Maxx? or wait for the Razr HD? and will the Razr HD be $199 with contract?
Dais a tough one. There has been no word on pricing for Razr HD at all. But Verizon is still pushing the Maxx for 299 on contract to that is a good deal on Amazon. If the screen resolution is not a concern and you don't mind not having a Snapdragon S4, there is no reason not to jump on that deal. Maxx is running great with ICS.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Also there will not be a "Maxx" version of the Razr HD. 2530mAH battery is all you getting. Even though that along with the Snapdragon S4 should last quite a while.

OverLord Strum

Yea Im going with this Amazon deal...I have a Sprint supervisor calling me back in 24 - 48hrs to settle this. I'm actually giving them a chance to do this amicably lol.

Gonna go with the Maxx...I dont care about resolution or processor anymore. Just need good service on an android phone that can last forever in terms of battery life.

I'm sure I can find a Razr HD cheap on craigslist a few months after it comes out anyway. This shitty Sprint situation has reached critical mass.

OverLord Strum

Yea I'm gonna leave it stock for a few days and see how it runs.

Any way to make it show the actual battery percent on the icon?

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
Yea I'm gonna leave it stock for a few days and see how it runs.

Any way to make it show the actual battery percent on the icon?
Nope you would need a rom to do that. And motorola only give you 10% increments. GSam Battery Monitor (formally Badass Battery Monitor) will give you very accurate 1% increments as well as other information to debug battery issues.

OverLord Strum

*Check check* I rooted, installed bootmenu, installed this mod. :good:

Some custom icons on there too. sidenote: hate the new "play store" renamed it back to market with old icon.

Still stock rom. Not going with any custom ones...like with my s2, id rather stay stock, but rooted, and mods of my choice.

Yankee Doodle

Weakness fuh Sweetness
*Check check* I rooted, installed bootmenu, installed this mod. :good:

Some custom icons on there too. sidenote: hate the new "play store" renamed it back to market with old icon.

Still stock rom. Not going with any custom ones...like with my s2, id rather stay stock, but rooted, and mods of my choice.
To be honest with you, on Motorola phones that is your best bet. I am running Synergy Rom on my S3 with no complaints. Getting better battery life than my Droid Razr so I am content for now, But just like I mentioned in an earlier thread, I like to change the look a lot. The joys of an Android phone.