Parents and their BAD A$$ kids in public....

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
thing is, it dont take all that physical discipline or beatings or whippins yall talkin about to deal kids who carryin on in public... Most times when these kids is actin up, the parents is just not doin nothing or being real timid wit them... instead of pickin up the kid, holdin them and givin them a firm "KNOCK IT OFF"

Yall be goin from 0 to 60 with that beatin kids shit like its the only solution or the be all and end all for disciplinin kids

J

Juan Dan

thing is, it dont take all that physical discipline or beatings or whippins yall talkin about to deal kids who carryin on in public... Most times when these kids is actin up, the parents is just not doin nothing or being real timid wit them... instead of pickin up the kid, holdin them and givin them a firm "KNOCK IT OFF"

Yall be goin from 0 to 60 with that beatin kids shit like its the only solution or the be all and end all for disciplinin kids
you gonna be wit a wite woman I bet or a black woman that is not stereotypical
excellent post

Afu Sensi

Kankan man
I aint no Jo Frost, but i thank my mother for the beatings she gave me.
Aint no extreme beating but you see what happens in the western white country's.
All of them have laws agains beating and most of them kids lost respect.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Busy living meh life palo :) But all is well with me. I was wondering how come i got likes on this thread and it was made 2 years ago lol
dais is the only reason ah bump this thread ah thought Insidious had run you off too...

but I do need a update pon yuh friend that cheated on her husband and feel that she was missing something...

I just finished reading this book "I married My Husband Again".

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
I aint no Jo Frost, but i thank my mother for the beatings she gave me.
Aint no extreme beating but you see what happens in the western white country's.
All of them have laws agains beating and most of them kids lost respect.
so what you saying essentially is, its only because of the beatings why you turned out good...
all the other stuff like maybe having loving parents, or having parents that let you take part in sports or activities instead of having you sit idle, or having parents that listened to what you had to say when you felt a way about something didnt matter one bit... it was just the beatings that make you turn out right?

yall so quick to say "these kids dont get beat thats why they turn out bad" like other stuff dont matter...

learn to stop looking at the easiest solution or the "my parents parents parents did it so it must be the right way" solutions..

Afu Sensi

Kankan man
so what you saying essentially is, its only because of the beatings why you turned out good...
all the other stuff like maybe having loving parents, or having parents that let you take part in sports or activities instead of having you sit idle, or having parents that listened to what you had to say when you felt a way about something didnt matter one bit... it was just the beatings that make you turn out right?

yall so quick to say "these kids dont get beat thats why they turn out bad" like other stuff dont matter...

learn to stop looking at the easiest solution or the "my parents parents parents did it so it must be the right way" solutions..
I aint saying its the only reason, what i mean is you first need dicipline before anything imo.

Poca

Parents don't need to hit their kids to teach them discipline.

But hitting kids sure helps parents feel some sense of control and power. Which is a bad thing to teach kids.

I aint saying its the only reason, what i mean is you first need dicipline before anything imo.

SKBai1991

Parents don't need to hit their kids to teach them discipline.

But hitting kids sure helps parents feel some sense of control and power. Which is a bad thing to teach kids.
but life is full of examples of people using force and control anyway. physical violence is only one means of achieving that.

I'm curious as to what your personal opposition to physical punishment is. Anyone else who would like to contribute, feel free.

Afu Sensi

Kankan man
And why does discipline have to mean hitting?
To show the kid that actions have consiquenses.
It depends on where you draw the line, and what you mean by hitting.

I see it with the kids today in holland. You can see a big difference.
Alot of those kids dont have any consiquenses and they have the "i dont care, i do what i want" attitude. While the other kids think about the asswhoop they will get.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
but life is full of examples of people using force and control anyway. physical violence is only one means of achieving that.

I'm curious as to what your personal opposition to physical punishment is. Anyone else who would like to contribute, feel free.
I personally do not have a problem with physical punishment if done with control.

Most people don't really understand the difference between disciplining their child and using their child as an outlet for anger.

I have an issue when people's default for punishing their kids is to hit them without exploring other options.

Poca

I do not agree with hitting kids. However I believe that discipline starts when the child very young so he can learn that when parents speak up they mean it. In my opinion parents who find it hard for their kids to listen to them usually used to find their children bad behaviour "cute" until the kid reaches 5-6 yrs old when their thinking pattern starts to really mature and their talk back starts to be more defiant.

Also parent, I find that most parents tend to seriously lack consistency when trying to instill manners and discipline to their kids. So the kids then learn if they push long enough the parent will give in.

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
I do not agree with hitting kids. However I believe that discipline starts when the child very young so he can learn that when parents speak up they mean it. In my opinion parents who find it hard for their kids to listen to them usually used to find their children bad behaviour "cute" until the kid reaches 5-6 yrs old when their thinking pattern starts to really mature and their talk back starts to be more defiant.

Also parent, I find that most parents tend to seriously lack consistency when trying to instill manners and discipline to their kids. So the kids then learn if they push long enough the parent will give in.
Seems a bit shortsighted. As an example,What about children who in a school setting from as early as two, you don't think toddlers are influenced by what they see other children doing? While the parent might be guiding the child spends more time seeing other children and potentially adopting their behavior. I have seen one close to me go from being tough to literally crying for every little thing because of what he sees on display during the week in school. Breaking that is a work in progress and is extremely difficult. That is a tame example to someone who have to deal with their children seeing poor mannered and indiscipline children I imagine.

Poca

Yes, children are not only influenced by their parents but also by the world around. That is why I believe that parents must start early to ensure that their children know naturally that they are and they should be their moral and behavioral compass. Also that is when consistency comes into play.

Seems a bit shortsighted. As an example,What about children who in a school setting from as early as two, you don't think toddlers are influenced by what they see other children doing? While the parent might be guiding the child spends more time seeing other children and potentially adopting their behavior. I have seen one close to me go from being tough to literally crying for every little thing because of what he sees on display during the week in school. Breaking that is a work in progress and is extremely difficult. That is a tame example to someone who have to deal with their children seeing poor mannered and indiscipline children I imagine.