Paris attacks!

Lucianite

Arrr.... The USA is in North America!!! There are no land bridges or short sea crossing to get here (not the same as some countries in Europe). Any refuge that the US accepts will be coming from a refuge camp (most will be from Jordan being they have the largest camps but they can also accept from Turkey. I doubt the US would accept any from Lebanon just on politics). The people in the camps have been there for some time already and there is a process they go through which takes around 20 months on average to be vetted. They have registered at the camps and they have been recorded and evaluated there by NGOs, UN, Local Government and US officials. So there are things that are known already about the people being let into the country. The idea that we have no clue at all to the people who will be manifested on aircrafts to head to the US isn't accurate, but lIke in anything there is that possibility of bad actors.
The 1% or less chance that ONE act by a refugee is what is driving the fear - unreal or not and it translates to politics. The politicians are playing on the fear
WE the people are fearful even if there if more carnage by white men going rampages and mass killings and the epidemic gun violence in the "inner cities" ( a coded phrase for black).

30 governors are resisting a refugee plan.

my PERSONAL opinion is that Obama should drop this fight against the REP.

talking head on MSNBC says the male refugees should be the one the front lines trying to get their country back . Americans don't wan " boots on the ground"

TOLOMB

Red Man
The highlighted above suggest an underlying agenda. What is the underlying agenda here?
It works on both sides.... The way things are painted in the media is the West and non Islamic values vs. ISIS and Islam, not the ideology that both hijacked for their own "profitable" agenda. And by profitable I do not only mean financially.....the soul of people is the biggest prize.

TOLOMB

Red Man
The 1% or less chance that ONE act by a refugee is what is driving the fear - unreal or not and it translates to politics. The politicians are playing on the fear
WE the people are fearful even if there if more carnage by white men going rampages and mass killings and the epidemic gun violence in the "inner cities" ( a coded phrase for black).

30 governors are resisting a refugee plan.

my PERSONAL opinion is that Obama should drop this fight against the REP.

talking head on MSNBC says the male refugees should be the one the front lines trying to get their country back . Americans don't wan " boots on the ground"
The refuges that will be admitted and the ones that already have been admitted are families and women with children. The former are those that have aided "US" in someway mostly and the later have been orphaned by war. They have something to contribute to society, tend to be educated and eastern social norms keeps the family intact as well as close.

The Governors and Mayors are just playing into that bullshit perception that the country is changing for the worst....shoot even Central & South American countries are drinking the juice that if a Syrian uses their smuggle route is will be bad for them. Nation of immigrants on the approved list!!!

The media is our biggest and best weapon and what ISIS learned after Shock and Awe is that they can do the same.

If we shouldn't condemn all cops for a FEW bad apples, then why is it we condemn all refuges for the possibility of one bad person. (seen this on FB)

Lucianite

The refuges that will be admitted and the ones that already have been admitted are families and women with children. The former are those that have aided "US" in someway mostly and the later have been orphaned by war. They have something to contribute to society, tend to be educated and eastern social norms keeps the family intact as well as close.

The Governors and Mayors are just playing into that bullshit perception that the country is changing for the worst....shoot even Central & South American countries are drinking the juice that if a Syrian uses their smuggle route is will be bad for them. Nation of immigrants on the approved list!!!

The media is our biggest and best weapon and what ISIS learned after Shock and Awe is that they can do the same.

If we shouldn't condemn all cops for a FEW bad apples, then why is it we condemn all refuges for the possibility of one bad person. (seen this on FB)

you already know Americans are xenophobic when it comes to non whites
look at the drama with the "Mexicans" - btw i saw a glimpse of news this week " more Mexicans are returning to Mexico than coming to the US"
and how cubans "refugees" ( even when Castro was sending the criminally insane:butcher:) are welcome and Haitians are not
not saying that we should accept that reality

rationally I agree with you
but you will NOT find me at "Bring on the Syrian Refugees " rally LOL

you got "refugees" right here in Chi town trying to get away form daily gun battles.

Refugee scenario is much more complicated than the cop analogy.

TOLOMB

Red Man
look at the drama with the "Mexicans" - btw i saw a glimpse of news this week " more Mexicans are returning to Mexico than coming to the US"
and how cubans "refugees" ( even when Castro was sending the criminally insane:butcher:) are welcome and Haitians are not

you got "refugees" right here in Chi town trying to get away form daily gun battles.

I wouldn't be at a rally either, but what I'm saying is that when you put logic to what's going on we all should see a clear picture.

My thoughts are very simple....think about what happens to the people who have lost their everything and what will happen when the ones they trusted that turned their backs on them? Its a proxy war going on right now in the area already (remember Russia didn't start bombing ISIL for the plane situation until meeting with the President. The ground fighting was already protracted).... Add to that hundreds of thousands of orphaned and disenfranchised children that will become adults due to war. And the ones that are lucky to have some family that lived through this; the information they will get from them will be powerful... It's and ugly future anyway it gets cut.

Oneshot

where de crix

I say bring the refugees

the fact is that the media is controlling the narrative.
and media is doing the governments bidding

look what happened.. they want to increase the powers of espionage and so called master keys for encryption, and more controlled tracking of immigrants.

now the culprits were all non immigrants, and no signs that they used sophisticated technology. but the narrative out there was syrian passports found at the scene. they came through greece..

one year has passed tamir rice was shot, and the narrative hasnt changed either. they way i see it is simple. bring the refugees in, cause they are not the source or the cause of the problem.

if my tax dollars can go to bomb palestinian children it can go to safe a couple syrian children. our tax dollars, armed the same al queda that fights in syria, and libya. our tax dollars funding the same iraqi government that pushed baathists to fight for ISIS.

what dem man doh realize as yet. is that ISIS is unified with one thing, and one thing alone. if you not with us you are against us. simple.

Lucianite

I say bring the refugees

the fact is that the media is controlling the narrative. and media is doing the governments bidding

look what happened.. they want to increase the powers of espionage and so called master keys for encryption, and more controlled tracking of immigrants.

now the culprits were all non immigrants, and no signs that they used sophisticated technology. but the narrative out there was syrian passports found at the scene. they came through greece..

one year has passed tamir rice was shot, and the narrative hasnt changed either. they way i see it is simple. bring the refugees in, cause they are not the source or the cause of the problem.

if my tax dollars can go to bomb palestinian children it can go to safe a couple syrian children. our tax dollars, armed the same al queda that fights in syria, and libya. our tax dollars funding the same iraqi government that pushed baathists to fight for ISIS.

what dem man doh realize as yet. is that ISIS is unified with one thing, and one thing alone. if you not with us you are against us. simple.

" the people" are leery of the "refugees" -

and whats up with the selective use " Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses.......... "

pennywhine

Having been in Manhattan for 911 and the earlier attempt on the WTC i can sympathize with the Citizens of France,it was a horrific attack,now with that in mind i'm curious as to why the coverage of Mass student killings in Kenya seemed to fly under the Radar????

Oneshot

where de crix
" the people" are leery of the "refugees" -

and whats up with the selective use " Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses.......... "
funny thing you ever see how they use the works migrants and refugees interchangeably

like dem man not running away from US bombs too.