Pastor Tells Women that Hair Weaves are NOT Allowed in His Church

DSP

Heri
More proof that black men are pro natural hair

Pastor Tells Women that Hair Weaves are NOT Allowed in His Church - Christian Blog - Christian Blog

Home > Ladies Who Love the Lord > Pastor Tells Women that Hair Weaves are NOT Allowed in His Church
Pastor Tells Women that Hair Weaves are NOT Allowed in His Church

By admin in Ladies Who Love the Lord · August 19, 2013 · 3 comments

Women love their hair, and black women love their hair weaves. Billions are spent on hair weaves every year, and a lot of women rely on them as much as they rely on the holy spirit itself. So, a pastor got attention recently by making the unconventional decision to disallow hair weaves to be worn inside his church.

Pastor A.J. Aamir spoke on AmericanPreacher.com about why he told his parishioners that weaves are simply unacceptable in the eyes of the Lord. The pastor at Resurrecting Faith believes that the devices present a false image of women. He also says that they are reflective of low self-esteem coming from women who are trying to be something that they are not.

“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.

It’s easy to see why the preacher would come up with such a rule, when you consider his upbringing. The pastor grew up in a strict Islamic household, one that didn’t mess around. The pastor says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.

“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads” he told AmericaPreachers.com.

“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”

The pastor’s church is located in Waco, Texas. What do you think about this? Is the pastor right to tell women what they can and cannot wear in church?

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Only thing that stuck out for me was holy ghost. I immediately thought of the Barkays

Would love to see/hear this performed in a church...listen to the break...shizzle! dance1

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hTFr37w_eLA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Omg. Aren't you the same one DSP that complain about these kinds of threads and then u go and start one of your own.

I swear some of u people are absolutely ridiculous

Forgive them father, for they know not what they do

Smh

DSP

Heri
Omg. Aren't you the same one DSP that complain about these kinds of threads and then u go and start one of your own.

I swear some of u people are absolutely ridiculous

Forgive them father, for they know not what they do

Smh
whatchu talkin about Nikki

this thread is about a black man in a leadership position supporting black women's natural hair

no bitter bytch energy allowed in here

*sprays bitterade*

anti bitter bytch energy spray.... lasts for hours

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
I guess the less money that is spent on expensive weaves is the more money that can be placed into the collection plate.

This is a very smart pastor, rather than half his congregation struggling financially because of their weave habits he is encouraging them to go natural, save at least $300 every month and donate a bit more to the pastor’s collection plate every Sunday for his role in helping to save them.

Hallelujah!!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Are wigs allowed? God knows a lot of black grannies looooooooooooove their wigs.
I don't think the grannies are wearing $300 wigs and I don't think the pastor would dear tell his mother to discard her cherished $10 wig that she purchased somewhere back in the 1970's after losing her hair thru the stress of raising him! :cool:

Poca

If he wants natural hair, he should want it from everyone. He should preach to everyone, young and old, about loving and showing up to church with the hair that god put on their head.

Also, I am not sure that Jesus would agree with his decision approach. Church is for everyone, maybe he should change his sermons and find ways to really touch those he wants to touch rather than kicking them out.

I don't think the grannies are wearing $300 wigs and I don't think the pastor would dear tell his mother to discard her cherished $10 wig that she purchased somewhere back in the 1970's after losing her hair thru the stress of raising him! :cool:

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
If he wants natural hair, he should want it from everyone. He should preach to everyone, young and old, about loving and showing up to church with the hair that god put on their head.

Also, I am not sure that Jesus would agree with his decision approach. Church is for everyone, maybe he should change his sermons and find ways to really touch those he wants to touch rather than kicking them out.
They can always go to another church if they don't like his rules.
And how do we know what Jesus would like more than a Pastor would?
I fully agree with the Pastor's decision, its his church.
If financially struggling weavers don't like his church rules then they can always go elsewhere! :good:

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
Would not go to a church where my hair is dictated...

So he should ban perms too...perms are just as bad if not worse than weaves

Alpha Unit

Insurgent
whatchu talkin about Nikki

this thread is about a black man in a leadership position supporting black women's natural hair

no bitter bytch energy allowed in here

*sprays bitterade*

anti bitter bytch energy spray.... lasts for hours
Dis made me lol :kicks

Poca

Jesus did not judge Marie Madgeleine, Jesus accepted her the way she was with all her flaws. Jesus was not about exclusion, he lived up to what he was saying and that is what got people to change and follow him. This pastry just like te Tonmy dude is only looking to have people talk about him thab anything else.

They can always go to another church if they don't like his rules.
And how do we know what Jesus would like more than a Pastor would?
I fully agree with the Pastor's decision, its his church.
If financially struggling weavers don't like his church rules then they can always go elsewhere! :good:

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Unno acting like other churches and sects don't have dress code restrictions as well. Especially "Independent" churches:

No makeup
No trousers
No earrings or piercings
No nail polish
Head must be covered by a hat

Etc

Etc

This isn't much different to me. Well the difference can be that the above are about protecting a woman's modesty while this pastor brings the cost of weaves into it...but that is marginal

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
If he was to ban for all accessories that church would be empty.
I find it annoying when people assume they know the reason why another person would choose to change their appearance.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
wow...what happened to come as you are :rolleyes:
The Pastor probably didn't like what he was seeing especially if most of them were complaining about financial struggles.
So he offered them a practical solution that should also see them have more money in their hands as well as help them to raise their self-esteem regards how God made them. :good: