Pay me $350 to NOT supervise your kids

BacchanalDiva

That's Lenore Skenazy's new scheme (the subway mom who started that whole "free range" parenting movement). You pay $350 for your kid to join this play group that meets once a week for 8 weeks. You drop your kid off in Central Park and leave. Lenore leaves too..she sits in a coffee shop around the corner w/ a cell phone in case of emergency (how she'll know if there is an emergency I have no idea). The idea is to empower parents to let their kids have the opportunity for free range play, creativity and to learn self reliance. The base age for the kids is 8 yrs old and the first session was yesterday. Ppl flew in from other states so their kids could take advantage of this wonderful opportunity. Lenore promises another group starting soon for 5-7 yr olds.

Any New York imix parents take advantage of this or plan to take advantage? If so, I'm starting another one in Westchester, maybe we'll do FDR park or something. Better yet, we'll do one of Westchester's gorgeous trails...abandon..I mean, let your children play in the woods by themselves. I'll only charge $250 and give a 1/2 price sibling discount. Registration for this empowering experience starts immediately.
Welcome to “I Won’t Supervise Your Kids!” | I Won't Supervise Your Kids

Free Range Kids » NYC Kids! Come to Central Park This Afternoon!

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
Another non believer. I going elsewhere to look for customers. Imixers suck :kicks
HA! The black parents getting on the action need one big cuff upside dey head:mad...don't they know by now same rules don't apply to we...just wait when one child goes missin... they will be the first on the news bawling "my child , my child".....schupidness

one big STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE

Poca

lol, so they can't leave their kids in a park close to their house and monitor them from far to see how the behave alone?

BacchanalDiva

HA! The black parents getting on the action need one big cuff upside dey head:mad...don't they know by now same rules don't apply to we...just wait when one child goes missin... they will be the first on the news bawling "my child , my child".....schupidness

one big STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE
Not only that, when the white one kid go missing, media will be all sympathetic about the poor parents who tried to empower their kids...when the black ones go missing you KNOW what the media going to say. CPS & jail time in they ratunkatunk!

BacchanalDiva

lol, so they can't leave their kids in a park close to their house and monitor them from far to see how the behave alone?
Of course not. Why take a book to the park and force yourself not to hover over your child when you can fly across the nation and pay money to abandon...I mean..drop your child off somewhere?

is she hiring
I am if I get any clients. We can kick back a few while we don't supervise the kids :drinks:

:kicks yeah i'll pass on this one BD
Dang, no support for a sista's entrepreneurial venture!

i guess.. new items on the child labor black market going to be up for sale soon :read:
Well the child sellers know where to find them on which dates.

J

Juan Dan

Not only that, when the white one kid go missing, media will be all sympathetic about the poor parents who tried to empower their kids...when the black ones go missing you KNOW what the media going to say. CPS & jail time in they ratunkatunk!
honestly do you say these things to your wite frens me fren?
that is not even bad

like when people say things like "wite people dont know how to discipline their kids"

does it and the many other stereotypes or facts get said to wite people by their black "frens"?

BacchanalDiva

honestly do you say these things to your wite frens me fren?
that is not even bad

like when people say things like "wite people dont know how to discipline their kids"

does it and the many other stereotypes or facts get said to wite people by their black "frens"?
Well I don't believe that white ppl don't know how to discipline their kids even tho I've been told that my children would run over me "just like those white ppl's kids" because of my methods of discipline and I just let them talk cause I've already raised one to adulthood and he's an absolutely awesome, respectful, responsible young man.

Now that I finished tooting my own horn...if they're actually friends and not just associates, then yes, I speak plainly to them and if the convo came up would have no issue explaining to them how a black parent would be treated as opposed to a white parent if the worst came out of this free range scenario. Since the white ppl I call my friends are honest, intelligent and down to earth, they wouldn't see that as an offensive comment.

Why do you seem to believe that stating any fact or opinion is offensive if it touches on race?

J

Juan Dan

Well I don't believe that white ppl don't know how to discipline their kids even tho I've been told that my children would run over me "just like those white ppl's kids" because of my methods of discipline and I just let them talk cause I've already raised one to adulthood and he's an absolutely awesome, respectful, responsible young man.

Now that I finished tooting my own horn...if they're actually friends and not just associates, then yes, I speak plainly to them and if the convo came up would have no issue explaining to them how a black parent would be treated as opposed to a white parent if the worst came out of this free range scenario. Since the white ppl I call my friends are honest, intelligent and down to earth, they wouldn't see that as an offensive comment.

Why do you seem to believe that stating any fact or opinion is offensive if it touches on race?

big up for being a good parent
some are their mothers or are "black mothers"
one needs be an individual

honest intelligent people can have any debate

and no no fact or truthful opinion is offensive or should be cause its coming from an honest place or that which is verified

maybe you dont fit the image or want to of the "black mother" or "black parent discipline" and stand proudly so yet many are not as such

such as some of the comments in this thread

now my main point was simply

people say things like "all wite people are rayciss and hate us and had us in slayvery"

even saying "they dont care bout blak missing kids"
who doesnt care?
does black people care?

are these convos had with their wite frens or they just talk that shit mongst their own "blacks"?

seems rather fake

BacchanalDiva

big up for being a good parent
some are their mothers or are "black mothers"
one needs be an individual

honest intelligent people can have any debate

and no no fact or truthful opinion is offensive or should be cause its coming from an honest place or that which is verified

maybe you dont fit the image or want to of the "black mother" or "black parent discipline" and stand proudly so yet many are not as such

such as some of the comments in this thread

now my main point was simply

people say things like "all wite people are rayciss and hate us and had us in slayvery"

even saying "they dont care bout blak missing kids"
who doesnt care?
does black people care?

are these convos had with their wite frens or they just talk that shit mongst their own "blacks"?

seems rather fake
There are always going to be things that you would say "around family" that you won't say "around outsiders", just like a well meaning white person might enjoy a racial joke at black ppl's expense w/ another white person but might not share the joke w/ their black friend...but that all depends too cause I have some white friends that I could show this thread to and say "yea, white ppl retarded for real" and they'll get it for what it is. "Fake" is reserved for associates that you can only have polite convo with..not friends.

Anyway, you're derailing my thread, unless you have kids and plan to become my customer. I'll offer you a $200 special.

J

Juan Dan

There are always going to be things that you would say "around family" that you won't say "around outsiders", just like a well meaning white person might enjoy a racial joke at black ppl's expense w/ another white person but might not share the joke w/ their black friend...but that all depends too cause I have some white friends that I could show this thread to and say "yea, white ppl retarded for real" and they'll get it for what it is. "Fake" is reserved for associates that you can only have polite convo with..not friends.

Anyway, you're derailing my thread, unless you have kids and plan to become my customer. I'll offer you a $200 special.
alrite sorry
jokes are jokes and real is real
we will NEVER progress if we dont deal with other a certain way
yet no customer though
good idea the trails in the area are very nice
wite women and their men and and old people are always jogging and in the parks without a problem
guess its the crime rates in the area too or ones viewpoint
alrite me gone

Vivaa

watch assness...i bet u their is one parent with a bad out ah order child who read that and is booking a flight right now..hoping jimmy get lost and ball fake tears on camera but jumping for joy in the house smh

BacchanalDiva

watch assness...i bet u their is one parent with a bad out ah order child who read that and is booking a flight right now..hoping jimmy get lost and ball fake tears on camera but jumping for joy in the house smh
:kicks I'm just smh @ these ppl. Reading the comments on her site and on Cafe Mom and her supporters insist that this woman has made a huge contribution to society and there is nothing wrong w/ 2nd and 3rd graders playing in the park by themselves and how THEY did it in the 80's when crime rates were higher than they are now. To be honest tho, I can't even focus on the free range debate cause I still can't over her charging the fee :kicks