Playoff finals was fixed!!!

RotiKing2004eva

Since you invoked Donaghy's name, which two refs fixed last night's game? Or why would the NBA decide they are tired of all of the Heat hate making them all this money and they were tired of the record breaking TV ratings to give the Heat a title?
I actually think the fix was in for a 6 game series, but Miami kept hitting 3's.

It was obvious that Melo wasn't getting the same calls as Lebron in the Knicks series. It was obvious Granger wasn't getting the same calls as Lebron in the Pacers series. It was obvious Pierce and Rondo weren't getting the same calls as Lebron in the Celtics series. It was obvious that Westbrook and Durant weren't getting the same calls as Wade and Lebron this series.

I've been saying the league was fixed...since the Jordan days. I'm a huge Jordan fan...but I swear the Rod Strickland Bullets gave them a scare and the refs fixed it so the Bulls would prevail. I swear the Jazz got jobbed and a lot of Jordan travels and fouls. I swear Shaq barrelled into Mutombo numerous times without a foul. I swear Kobe got away with a ton of fouls vs. the Kings. I feel sorry for Scott Pollard and all the terrible fouls they called on him to let the Lakers prevail. I swear Wade got away with any and everything in 2006. I swear the Celtics game 6 (2008) vs. Kobe they got away with murder and got to the line multiple times for no reason. I swear in Kobe's 6 for 24 game the lakers got to the line wayyyyyyyy to many times. And I swear that Lebron got away with fouling numerous times...so did Wade...

all leading to championships.

Basketball is the easiest game to fix. You can swallow the whistle on one end and call an illegal screen on the other with ease. I think these playoffs were fixed, and the NBA is fixed. Not just because Lebron won...but just by looking at the games objectively.

Lots of time when my team ( Celtics ) or my favorite player (Kobe) are winning, I have turned the game off and say,"yep...they cheating again...we gonna win, but it's dirty".

It's the NBA, and that's why I'm not as much as a fan as I used to be.

AFTrini

I actually think the fix was in for a 6 game series, but Miami kept hitting 3's.

It was obvious that Melo wasn't getting the same calls as Lebron in the Knicks series. It was obvious Granger wasn't getting the same calls as Lebron in the Pacers series. It was obvious Pierce and Rondo weren't getting the same calls as Lebron in the Celtics series. It was obvious that Westbrook and Durant weren't getting the same calls as Wade and Lebron this series.

I've been saying the league was fixed...since the Jordan days. I'm a huge Jordan fan...but I swear the Rod Strickland Bullets gave them a scare and the refs fixed it so the Bulls would prevail. I swear the Jazz got jobbed and a lot of Jordan travels and fouls. I swear Shaq barrelled into Mutombo numerous times without a foul. I swear Kobe got away with a ton of fouls vs. the Kings. I feel sorry for Scott Pollard and all the terrible fouls they called on him to let the Lakers prevail. I swear Wade got away with any and everything in 2006. I swear the Celtics game 6 (2008) vs. Kobe they got away with murder and got to the line multiple times for no reason. I swear in Kobe's 6 for 24 game the lakers got to the line wayyyyyyyy to many times. And I swear that Lebron got away with fouling numerous times...so did Wade...

Basketball is the easiest game to fix. You can swallow the whistle on one end and call an illegal screen on the other with ease. I think these playoffs were fixed, and the NBA is fixed. Not just because Lebron won...but just by looking at the games objectively.

Lots of time when my team ( Celtics ) or my favorite player (Kobe) are winning, I have turned the game off and say,"yep...they cheating again...we gonna win, but it's dirty".

So let's be objective. Why exactly would the NBA and its top officials run the risk of actual jail time and potential complications of the underground to fix games. Would the Irish Mafia in Boston really have been okay with the fix being in again the beloved Celtics? I can assure you, there definitely would have been multiple executions based on last year's "fix" against the Heat?

AFTrini

Oh yeah I forgot one more thing. How is it possible that the NBA is the ONLY league of the four major sports not to "fix" a championship for the largest TV market in the country? The Giants, Rangers, Mets and Yankees have won titles but the NBA has "fixed" it so the Knicks nor the Nets would not for forty years? That makes good financial sense?

RotiKing2004eva

So let's be objective. Why exactly would the NBA and its top officials run the risk of actual jail time and potential complications of the underground to fix games. Would the Irish Mafia in Boston really have been okay with the fix being in again the beloved Celtics? I can assure you, there definitely would have been multiple executions based on last year's "fix" against the Heat?
The NBA is the most star driven league in the world. The stars need to win. The NBA will do anything in their power to get their stars on the main stage, not foul them out, and have them be competitive.

Honest questions: Do you really think Wade deserved to go to the line 3 times as much as Westbrook in Game 4? Do you really think the Ref didn't see Lebron foul Durant in Game 2? Is Kevin Durant really just a whiner, or was he correct in complaining to the ref at least 10 times this series?

RotiKing2004eva

Oh yeah I forgot one more thing. How is it possible that the NBA is the ONLY league of the four major sports not to "fix" a championship for the largest TV market in the country? The Giants, Rangers, Mets and Yankees have won titles but the NBA has "fixed" it so the Knicks nor the Nets would not for forty years? That makes good financial sense?
The league is star driven. They don't care about cities. Stern cares about international ratings. NY is small compared to what Stern wants to do in China and throughout Europe. The stars need to shine, not the cities.

AFTrini

The NBA is the most star driven league in the world. The stars need to win. The NBA will do anything in their power to get their stars on the main stage, not foul them out, and have them be competitive.

Honest questions: Do you really think Wade deserved to go to the line 3 times as much as Westbrook in Game 4? Do you really think the Ref didn't see Lebron foul Durant in Game 2? Is Kevin Durant really just a whiner, or was he correct in complaining to the ref at least 10 times this series?
But using the logic, it makes no sense for the San Antonio whose biggest stars are from Key West, USVI, France, and Argentina win four titles? Were the Spurs that star driven to win that many titles? The Lakers has FOUR future Hall of Fame players and lost to a team with no stars.

To answer your questions, basketball is the hardest sports to officiate. Unfortunately, they also have some of worst official in the game. Officials anticipate calls far too often and are inconsistent. They are no different than baseball umpire who behind home plate or a football official who makes a different decision in the penalty area at Old Strafford than they would at Kenilworth Road.

RotiKing2004eva

But using the logic, it makes no sense for the San Antonio whose biggest stars are from Key West, USVI, France, and Argentina win four titles? Were the Spurs that star driven to win that many titles? The Lakers has FOUR future Hall of Fame players and lost to a team with no stars.

To answer your questions, basketball is the hardest sports to officiate. Unfortunately, they also have some of worst official in the game. Officials anticipate calls far too often and are inconsistent. They are no different than baseball umpire who behind home plate or a football official who makes a different decision in the penalty area at Old Strafford than they would at Kenilworth Road.
Are you talking about the Lakers in 2004? They lost to a better team because Kobe tried to ballhog too much and Shaq wasn't listening to anyone. They had too much chaos from within.

For everything I say, you can have a counterpoint. Also, for everything I say, I can back up with strong points. The officials can try to fix games...but they can't make it tooooooooo obvious. So, teams like SA can find a way around it.

If all games are officiated equally...I'd figure the best team would be San Antonio...because they have the best coaches and smartest players.

AFTrini

The league is star driven. They don't care about cities. Stern cares about international ratings. NY is small compared to what Stern wants to do in China and throughout Europe. The stars need to shine, not the cities.
They care about the law investigating them for running a corrupt league and for gamblers losing money on a fixed league Do you think the gambling syndicates in the Far East would not make their presence known at the league offices if they bet money on the Thunder? You really think David Stern taking them sort of chances?

RotiKing2004eva

They care about the law investigating them for running a corrupt league and for gamblers losing money on a fixed league Do you think the gambling syndicates in the Far East would not make their presence known at the league offices if they bet money on the Thunder? You really think David Stern taking them sort of chances?
You really think Tim Donaghy was a rogue referee? How is that possible when people have been screaming from the rooftops saying games are fixed and refs are biased, etc.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketb...tty-good-at-that-whole-fixing-games-thing/845

Fact #1: The first 15 games of the 2006-07 refereed by Tim Donaghy that had big enough betting to move the point spread by at least 1.5 points were PERFECT against Las Vegas – meaning that the big money gamblers won a 15 of 15 times on his games. The odds of that happening randomly are 32,768 to 1.

Last season alone, 13 games refereed by Tim Donaghy fell within A SINGLE POINT of the Las Vegas point spread. In the last two seasons alone, the winner of 14 NBA games refereed by Tim Donaghy was decided by a single bucket or less.

Last edited:

AFTrini

Are you talking about the Lakers in 2004? They lost to a better team because Kobe tried to ballhog too much and Shaq wasn't listening to anyone. They had too much chaos from within.

For everything I say, you can have a counterpoint. Also, for everything I say, I can back up with strong points. The officials can try to fix games...but they can't make it tooooooooo obvious. So, teams like SA can find a way around it.

If all games are officiated equally...I'd figure the best team would be San Antonio...because they have the best coaches and smartest players.
The issue is that one minute, the league is against teams like the Thunder but somehow the next minute the league were all for the Thunder against the Spurs in the series before. As long as games are played, coached and officiated by human beings, they will never be played, coached or officiated equally.

TheEducator

Rotiking you are a Lakers fan like I am. So did the refs and the league rig it so that Kobe and Lakers would win 5 championships?

You can't have it both ways. Either the refs rig the games or they don't.

RotiKing2004eva

Rotiking you are a Lakers fan like I am. So did the refs and the league rig it so that Kobe and Lakers would win 5 championships?

You can't have it both ways. Either the refs rig the games or they don't.
Let's get things straight, I'm a Kobe fan. I'm also a Celtic fan (big time dilemma).

Did you not see what I wrote? I call a spade a spade and I don't care about who wins.

Who watches international ball? I also believe that the dream team with Lebron that only got a bronze Medal was a scandal as well. None of dem foreign teams could handle Duncan. He's a beast made for international play. So, they fouled out Duncan, and allowed the European and South American teams to win. This spread basketball worldwide and made it a Global game.

I believe Stern is behind all of this.

Last edited: