Post Civil Rights But Was It Worth The Fight

Audree

Bush Baby
In the aftermath of this atrocious verdict the world seems so still to me. As the days go by I am more and more in some what of a denial. Im stuck between surprised and shocked (?) smh lol
But I honestly did expect it.

I started to think about Dr. King and what methods he channeled to reach the heights he is Honored for.
I'm going to look for a Biography and really dig deeper.
However, at the same time a thought made my skin crawl, just remembering and seeing the out play is the reason I can finally ask.

When the media was boosting about The President using Dr. Kings
Bible to swear in, for some reason I always cringed in dispair.
With a Juiducal System that can condenm a dead Young Black Man in such a manner the whole world has witnessed......

What exactly was the significance of that entire 'inauguration'????

Peacefully Discuss.

Oneshot

where de crix
In the aftermath of this atrocious verdict the world seems so still to me. As the days go by I am more and more in some what of a denial. Im stuck between surprised and shocked (?) smh lol
But I honestly did expect it.

I started to think about Dr. King and what methods he channeled to reach the heights he is Honored for.
I'm going to look for a Biography and really dig deeper.
However, at the same time a thought made my skin crawl, just remembering and seeing the out play is the reason I can finally ask.

When the media was boosting about The President using Dr. Kings
Bible to swear in, for some reason I always cringed in dispair.
With a Juiducal System that can condenm a dead Young Black Man in such a manner the whole world has witnessed......

What exactly was the significance of that entire 'inauguration'????

Peacefully Discuss.
brainwashing, blaskwashing of the man.

America is no different from another Black country, where a Black despot serves some military corporate one world government means.

Lucianite

The significance of the inauguration ? Hmmmm. I think it will be a while before we figure this out......

I too am not surprised by the verdict

I keep coming back to " until we understand white supremacy everything will confuse us "

I voted for Obama and I like the solidarity we are showing for a black candidate... Well 1/2 black anyway lol ...... We as a people are still struggling on how to deal with a black presidency. We have been extremely patient and careful not to criticized him. We even excuse him withe crazy notion of " he not just the black president ". That's the craziest chit ever to me ......

I understand how some are including a lot of my friends have been profoundly disappointed in him and I have too at times but I still luv da brotha and give him props and know its part of the system ...

Just typing out a loud lol

But given that he is a lame duck this is chance to step and do something bold, grow a pair and order some civil rights charges against Zimmerman ... Not because he is a lack president but its the right thing to do.... Part of the white supremacist system have us sometimes not doing stuff for each other because of white fear of black solidarity.... They don't like us gathering on the plantation... Obama has been very restricted by that and we have been complicit with the " he's not the black president"

Audree

Bush Baby
To be politically correct Dr. King died for Human Rights.

'Civil'.......Black basically

As President he has at no time ever addressed the injustices of 'what society' considers the 'minority'.
His main focus was/is Gay rights (GMO's..etc..SMMFH) and that was never on Dr. Kings Agenda. The country is Steerig away from the real issues at hand.
It must really be a reason why the Pope stepped down.
Cause the Vatican always gets the inside/fullness.
I sure that man stepped in and seen all what he had to see.
Cause when you get called to fill a position like that, ent not sickness or commitment can take you away from that.
These are men that walk with Faith not walk away.
In the next few years, people is going to understand what it means to be/considered Sub-Human.

So the Boy going to the store had no Human/Civil right to do so?
With out any intent to harm anyone? Free of any weapons to over come the inevitable!

Dogs quicker getting rescued over Us.
Lmao we seen it even in Katrina.

Lucianite

And I cannot disagree with the above
I think we have not demanded otherwise for fear of white backlash

But I will say He can use the mlk bible
Because maybe he has good intentions
But certainly your critique that he has not lived up to mlk makes sense to me

Audree

Bush Baby
That Day was a serious piece of Drama.

This is why I strongly encourage people to turn off their
TeLiEvision.

The First term I said Nah man he must set something straight.

He did say the Boy could if been his son.
So where do we go from here Mr. President.

Lmaoooo like my niece mention the other day.
Dr. King must be turning in his grave.

Audree

Bush Baby
I couldn't/wouldn't.

But if I had any Executive powers in The UN,
These Police forces across America was going to be stripped from top to bottom.

These people are not there because people want them there.
They are hand picked. And Obama was the perfect piece to the puzzle.

The Main thing that drew people to Obama was the portrayal of this Beautiful Black Family. That alone melted people's hearts.
People wasnt to much concerned with his agenda.
Beside he was simply the better option, but they
The clung to the idea.

The President proven to not be concerned with the Black Family.
From Sean Bell to Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin.
If he really felt Blacks was going to simply snap into shape cause he reach that was a lie. There are far to many constraints.
The Drug Laws against men of color doesn't add up to the leniency
On Wall Street.
He simply is not a voice for the rest of Us.

Lucianite

Is it that he is not ALOWED to talk about race
And certainly not to be be fair to blacks to avoid the charge of " favoring "

When he spoke on behalf of his friend "skip gates" from Harvard, he paid a political price

He had to drop rev wright

And it was a big deal when he wore some Kenyan national outfit - cries of unpatriotism and fear from white folk was heard.....

Travis and west were call haters and ostracized for daring to critique his polices......

Maybe he'll be like Powell come out swinging when his term over

Oneshot

where de crix
Is it that he is not ALOWED to talk about race
And certainly not to be be fair to blacks to avoid the charge of " favoring "

When he spoke on behalf of his friend "skip gates" from Harvard, he paid a political price

He had to drop rev wright

And it was a big deal when he wore some Kenyan national outfit - cries of unpatriotism and fear from white folk was heard.....

Travis and west were call haters and ostracized for daring to critique his polices......

Maybe he'll be like Powell come out swinging when his term over
because race is secondary, i dont understand how people do not understand this.

there are those with the power, and they are those without the power, here we stand where the reproductive rights of individuals are continuously being debated, (china one child policy, forcible sterilization other places) etc, the president of free world is out there bombing and killing non suspecting innocents either directly or via proxy.

Lucianite

I don't understand how your "race is secondary" is a response to what I wrote

or that race and power cannot be connected in a white supremacy world...

who is it "secondary" too - and who says sometimes race is NOT secondary ?
not sure how some don't understand that

Lucianite

Oneshot

where de crix
even as I voted for Obama
I agree with this
and he should be challenged on such
its a whole list of some questionable appointments on his part
yes, very disappointing....

so this is the quandary, the black people (including sharpton) who would challenge a president on this are leery because it may give ammunition to the "right"
this is beyond Obama dred... cheese and bread

Oneshot

where de crix

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
question

why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his