Post Civil Rights But Was It Worth The Fight

Lucianite

We are Americans and ALL Americans ask politicians to address issues that affect them - that is the reason why we vote and elect them.

the two are not mutually exclusive - one needs to address issues within and also make demands on politicians

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
We are Americans and ALL Americans ask politicians to address issues that affect them - that is the reason why we vote and elect them.

the two are not mutually exclusive - one needs to address issues within and also make demands on politicians
dude, YOU know BETTER

he is a Black man FIRST before he is a politician and president.....the rules are not the same.....he is intelligent enough to know that he still has to function under the limitations of Blackness...because the scrutiny is GREATER because he is BLACK, than it is because he is a politician and president

Vincent Vega

question

why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
Nikki this first paragraph knocked it out da park

Audree

Bush Baby
Nikki all of that is by far true, but irrelevant.

We already know this and he does too.
But which AmeriKkKa? Exactly is he serving?
He got his foot in the door, but he has never opened any format of discussion to resolve the atrocities within the Black Community.

I seriously can not believe how he has turned a blind eye to the racial discrimination against people of color across the Nation.
Especially STILL IN THE SOUTH!

Who more better? Who's Voice in this country is more desired?

This is one reason why I ask, what was the purpose of using Dr. Kings Bible?

Buhbayduss

change is up to us...
question

why is it that we as a collective expect Obama to address Black issues when we as a collective don't address Black issues as a collective?

truth is, we are not united....he cannot be a leader to a people that is scurrying around in different directions....we are not listening, we are not heeding....he has to pick battles that will not reflect weakness on his part, when in all fairness, he has no control over

we as a people should look at him and say yes, we will work harder to prove that you were not elected in vain....instead we are expecting Obama to prove himself, when he already has.....Obama doesn't have to do anything to prove that he meets our standard...we as Black people should be proving that we meet his
reading anything after this, is not worth reading...

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Alyuh put on yuh thinking Cap

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NXJ3V55ii-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obama was not elected to represent black issues....

His base is gay as fock.....

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Nikki all of that is by far true, but irrelevant.

We already know this and he does too.
But which AmeriKkKa? Exactly is he serving?
He got his foot in the door, but he has never opened any format of discussion to resolve the atrocities within the Black Community.

I seriously can not believe how he has turned a blind eye to the racial discrimination against people of color across the Nation.
Especially STILL IN THE SOUTH!

Who more better? Who's Voice in this country is more desired?

This is one reason why I ask, what was the purpose of using Dr. Kings Bible?
you expecting him to be Al Sharpton...if he was Al Sharpton, he would have never been elected....much less reelected....

he is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, which is FINALLY giving CREDENCE to the BLACK MALE VOICE...it is up to US, to now continue to VALIDATE his voice, to give it more power...but instead, some of us are choosing to discredit it....that is way more harmful to the collective than anything Obama is doing

Lucianite

dude, YOU know BETTER

he is a Black man FIRST before he is a politician and president.....the rules are not the same.....he is intelligent enough to know that he still has to function under the limitations of Blackness...because the scrutiny is GREATER because he is BLACK, than it is because he is a politician and president
I addressed all of that previously and hence my continuing support of him

I also said this is new and a tricky position for us

We still need to question and demand - which is the question i answered

Lucianite

NG- to question Obama actions does not mean to not like or support him. Obama enjoys unprecedented black support - like no ever black candidate ever on this scale - a great black solidarity feat but AGAIN, he can should be questioned at times...

There has been strong black opposition to stop and frisk
Obama supports the Architect of stop and frisk
we can love and support him but tug on him and say something....

we dont expect him to be "AL Sharpton " - Black people have NEVER elected Sharpoton to anything - he probably can't win dog catcher in our communities

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
NG- to question Obama actions does not mean to not like or support him. Obama enjoys unprecedented black support - like no ever black candidate ever on this scale - a great black solidarity feat but AGAIN, he can should be questioned at times...

There has been strong black opposition to stop and frisk
Obama supports the Architect of stop and frisk
we can love and support him but tug on him and say something....

we dont expect him to be "AL Sharpton " - Black people have NEVER elected Sharpoton to anything - he probably can't win dog catcher in our communities

what are the duties of the head of homeland security?

is it support as much as it is, getting a man out of a position where he is DIRECTLY affecting Black men in a negative way

Lucianite

what are the duties of the head of homeland security?

is it support as much as it is, getting a man out of a position where he is DIRECTLY affecting Black men in a negative way
I do not think that the VERY FEW BLACK people who question Obama policies should eb told "waht do you expect form him" or be dismissive that he should not be questioned or disagreed with - while i make provisions for understanding the dynamics of a powerful black person in a white supremacist power structure

If there is a valid argument to counter why kelly should be nominated to homeland security despite stop and frisk then so be it...

Lucianite

to add to the above, I think there is often not a full discourse on the merit of the argument because the response is " He's not the black president " " you black people trying to demand too much from him" etc etc....

Where is the response of Kelly should be nominated to homeland security chief despite stop and frisk because of A or B or C

Audree

Bush Baby
Nikki I don't expect him to be no other than
A person that thinks consciously in this reality.

And be like Sharpton? That is wayyyyy to easy.

Besides, Man like Adam Clayton is more my cup of tea.

Sharpton nor Obama has ever shook up Washington the way he did.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Nikki I don't expect him to be no other than
A person that thinks consciously in this reality.

And be like Sharpton? That is wayyyyy to easy.

Besides, Man like Adam Clayton is more my cup of tea.

Sharpton nor Obama has ever shook up Washington the way he did.

you want to ensure that a Black man never gets elected president of the united states again????

a "conscious Black mind" would have never been able to garner any power...as a matter of fact, he IS thinking consciously as well as intellectually....he is maneuvering well through a system that is JUST WAITING for him to make a wrong move, so they can lynch him career wise

Audree

Bush Baby
you want to ensure that a Black man never gets elected president of the united states again????

a "conscious Black mind" would have never been able to garner any power...as a matter of fact, he IS thinking consciously as well as intellectually....he is maneuvering well through a system that is JUST WAITING for him to make a wrong move, so they can lynch him career wise

I would of agreed with all of this 5 years ago.
But btw the GMo's to the drones I have no doubt in my mind
The Africans in AmeriKkK are at the bottom of his list.

Lucianite

it sounds like we have to give up all our rights as citizens to question the govt in order to have a black president

Its a tricky thing of the white supremacist system

Obama and Michelle are both brilliant and accomplish and i think have a level of consciousness and can withstand some critiques or challenge.

We can love the president and challenge him too.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
it sounds like we have to give up all our rights as citizens to question the govt in order to have a black president

Its a tricky thing of the white supremacist system

Obama and Michelle are both brilliant and accomplish and i think have a level of consciousness and can withstand some critiques or challenge.

We can love the president and challenge him too.
i am not saying that we can't challenge him...but HE gotta move smart too

challenging him is quite different from attempting to discredit him

comparing him to MLK, adam clayton powell, farrakhan and saying that you rather hear from Michelle is attempting to discredit him as if he no longer has merit

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
no i guess in the minds of some, you elect Bill Cosby, who when he reaches into office he turns into Huey P Newton ... and advances first and foremost the African American agenda.. when the reality is that the office of the President is such that the Incumbent, who happens to be a black man, has to figure out the means to placate the various sectors... I think black people are disappointed because they feel that as a black man in America he should put more stock into issues that affect the African American community by and large, when the reality is that he will not appear to favor one group over another... so the crux of the matter is this.. is he the President or the Black President (meaning he's going to put African American interests first and foremost)....

on a smaller scale, it would be like you helped fill out a survey to get your cousin Tookie a job in a makeup company... you help tookie with the idea that when Tookie gets in, he's going to advocate and lobby that company to bring out more shades for African American women... so that you benefit directly cos you got your cousin in the door.. however Tookie has to navigate the landscape of his new job and does so by bringing out a shade that could work on African Americans but isnt directly marketed TO African Americans... so the company really still doesnt have African American concerns as a priority but change is there.... you get upset with Tookie and say he sold out and he should really be doing more for the AA women who support this company.. and thing is, Tookie MIGHT be doing that but can't appear to be overt in his machinations.. because then he could be accused of trying to change the face of the company and fired.. and that leaves what?

Audree

Bush Baby
Where did you copy and paste this from?

Stock into the issues????

Between

Unconscious/lack of knowledge African Americans

And

Disconnected West Indian Americans.

I don't know which is worse.

The divisiveness is so deeply rooted.

The President took 5 years and 5 days to address racial profiling in this country.

Smh lol I can't.