Post Civil Rights But Was It Worth The Fight

Audree

Bush Baby
LR. You don't have a clue.
And you simply can't relate to this.
All you always offer is this broad analysis.
Filled with observations and less personal/directly afflicted experience.

Chill nah.

Oneshot

where de crix
I would of agreed with all of this 5 years ago.
But btw the GMo's to the drones I have no doubt in my mind
The Africans in AmeriKkK are at the bottom of his list.
exactly.. i didnt expect him "to do" sh!t for us as black people, what expected him to do was to lead with integrity and principle. Not be the latest line in the Bush-Clinton dynasty.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Where did you copy and paste this from?

Stock into the issues????

Between

Unconscious/lack of knowledge African Americans

And

Disconnected West Indian Americans.

I don't know which is worse.

The divisiveness is so deeply rooted.

The President took 5 years and 5 days to address racial profiling in this country.

Smh lol I can't.

and when he did....WHITE PEOPLE WENT BALLISTIC.....man, if he did that in his first term...he would have NEVER gotten re-elected...that man lucky he hasn't had an assassination attempt yet...but ho knows...some redneck might have gotten offended by his speech yesterday and is planning it right now....THEN WHAT?

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
exactly.. i didnt expect him "to do" sh!t for us as black people, what expected him to do was to lead with integrity and principle. Not be the latest line in the Bush-Clinton dynasty.
smh....what did you expect him to do....and then what do you think would be the outcome of those actions??????

Lucianite

Well alrighty then
Obama has to do what he has to do to be re elected
What some call political expediency
But we need the challenge nd questions posed by Audree
Based on postings I believe Audree to be a conscious African centered sista and not an operative of the right wing

So this discourse is just part of how we navigate the first black presidency

Audree

Bush Baby
Nikki I agree with everything your saying.
But what I am saying is, how he never initiated opening any type of dialogue. I know that many white people are upset with him, but that is their dead. They want to keep hiding hit under the rug.
It's buy so much before the dust seeps out.

Lucianite

Gays wanted him to address gay marriage
Immigrants want him to address immigration and amnesty
Jews want him to addres Palestine
Blacks want him to address the disparities which he admitted to yesterday
Wall st want him to address the economy

I can go on and on
It's always been like that where everyone has their demands and concerns taken to politicians and the president

I'm trying to figure out why are black concerns given such a push back with be is not the black president "

Help me out

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
Gays wanted him to address gay marriage
Immigrants want him to address immigration and amnesty
Jews want him to addres Palestine
Blacks want him to address the disparities which he admitted to yesterday
Wall st want him to address the economy

I can go on and on
It's always been like that where everyone has their demands and concerns taken to politicians and the president

I'm trying to figure out why are black concerns given such a push back with be is not the black president "

Help me out

because this is america and we have a very VOLATILE history of race relations....people need to atop acting like they don't know that.....shit is and will always be different for us.....that is REALITY...

there will always be disparities because we help to perpetuate them....truth is, doesn't matter how white people treat us, because FIRST AND FOREMOST, WE NEED TO ADDRESS HOW WE TREAT OURSELVES...we CANNOT demand respect if we are NOT RESPECTABLE....when Bill Cosby made that speech he made, people went ballistic...that is the HEART of the problem in our community...we don't want to deal with the harsh truth

Lucianite

because this is america and we have a very VOLATILE history of race relations....people need to atop acting like they don't know that.....shit is and will always be different for us.....that is REALITY...

there will always be disparities because we help to perpetuate them....truth is, doesn't matter how white people treat us, because FIRST AND FOREMOST, WE NEED TO ADDRESS HOW WE TREAT OURSELVES...we CANNOT demand respect if we are NOT RESPECTABLE....when Bill Cosby made that speech he made, people went ballistic...that is the HEART of the problem in our community...we don't want to deal with the harsh truth
One does not preclude the other

I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST THE NEED FOR SELF HELP AND DETERMINATION !!!

WE VOTE FOR A REASON and SHOULD NOT SELL OURSELVES SHORT by suggesting we CANNOT OR SHOULD NOT HAVE DEMANDS from politicians

Oneshot

where de crix

wait.. you saying self responsibility is the crux of the issue

Audree

Bush Baby
And to add,

Just because Gay's are more organized and over the last ONLY what 30 years?, reached a level of 'acceptance'.
They have more rights than the Blacks that suffered for hundreds of years?

Blacks has always been put At the bottom of the barrel.
The true Blackness if this Earth has been suppressed since before we even reached these shores.

How can people really expect for Black Folks to pick up themselves,
When they don't even realize they are on the ground.

Sooooooooooooooooo many issues.

The school to prison pipeline is real.
People organize on this regularity.
And our President insist to ignore it.

We are living in a generation of the walking deAd.
Heavily sedated under T.V's

Can somebody at least post
Lauryn Hills, Mystery Of Iniquity
To gain some type of understanding.

Lucianite

" RESPECT"is NOT we are demanding......

even Obama in his speech yesterday admitted more has/can to be done from his pulpit!!!!!!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Audrey you have a right to ur opinion and so does everyone else... My analysis may be a bit broad for your tastes but that's alright...everybody has different viewpoints... My point is... He is not going to be the savior for black people.. Anybody who expects that of a politician really doesn't know what politics is about... What do you think he should do while in office? What's your solution to the problem- since you believe there is incongruity between his words and his actions? If you were in his position what would you do? I'm curious...