Power and Groovy results

Audree

Bush Baby
Question:

When was Fantastic released?
And when was Float released.

Btw Munroe/MM/mystery judges, SM come like the PP.
Bare tricks, gimmicks and pure bullsh!t!!!!

notorious saga

Sagattarius
From what i saw Machel wasn't string more than three or four words together at a time. It was all theatrics. Old man drug-addict blue sung much more than MM did.
Hoss you telling me with Machel performance and Blue performance, along with the votes that this was really a tie? come nah man, if both men hardly sing anything at all and one man look like he hardly spend anything on props, both crowd response was crazy but the judges came back with a tie? something just don't add up. if this thing is going by points they need to give us a list of what the judges final tally was based on.

Side note, if they had a tie with Machel and Iwer when Iwer sang Jab Jab, I woulda agree with that decision rather than this years sympathy results. for that show crowd response, props everything was close only difference was probably the votes.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Question:

When was Fantastic released?
And when was Float released.

Btw Munroe/MM/mystery judges, SM come like the PP.
Bare tricks, gimmicks and pure bullsh!t!!!!
What else could make more money than the return of supa blue for 2013? Machel vs Supa Blue 2014. it's all about the game plan.

Audree

Bush Baby
What else could make more money than the return of supa blue for 2013? Machel vs Supa Blue 2014. it's all about the game plan.
It's only about the money to Monroe and MM.
All dat money pasting and still there is no proper infrastructure of that show. All dat money and only really a handful benifitting.
Munroe want percentage of ting, I Juss hope out o that percentage he himself is at least giving back.
All people doing is endorsing extortion.

dedetriniking

poor Destra. Sometimes I feel she has gotten black balled in the industry...
I don't know what else she can do. Her groovy performance was top notch and should have gotten her placed higher. Luv the chick but she can't seem to catch a break at all. Maybe she has been marked.

notorious saga

Sagattarius
poor Destra. Sometimes I feel she has gotten black balled in the industry...
But she is, she don't bow down.
She need to walk away and carry
Her fans with her.
It can and should be done.
I don't know what else she can do. Her groovy performance was top notch and should have gotten her placed higher. Luv the chick but she can't seem to catch a break at all. Maybe she has been marked.
Destra's biggest chance IMO was the year she performed as a guest artist at SM, I think it was I name bacchanal if I remember correctly. that performance she put on as a guest everybody was blown away. I think if she did perform that could of won her 1st place that year.

Soca_Loving_Trini

Official Winin' criminal
I sorry but Machel should of not got nothing.....Groovy he was no where close to Destra or Blaxx.....as for Power he did not even sing two good phucking lines ....all people see was he flying and looking like a big fat mappee in that super man costume he thief off Ricardo Dru stunt in Antigua 2012 Soca Monarch....this is not a show this is Machel in people Pockets in T&T Carnival.....well the people need to boycott he azz and the show and show these s################holes that the people have spoken
More people should do what Bunji and Fayann did, this show is going to the dogs and every year Munroe want to tout it as the biggest show for Carnival.... its the biggest JOKE. But a lot of artistes feel they have something to prove, wonder what iwer will say seeing as its the 3rd year in a row he playin second fiddle to machel. Smh Destra as much as I'm not a big fan of hers she put down 2 great performances and imo she was cheated. To the machel ball swingers please save give us a break:nea: And this is why after attending this show since i was a teen i have not been to it since Machel returned and do not see myself doing so in the near future

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Just imagine folks skinnin buttum because the great double M couldn't pull a complete victory.

He couldn't defeat Blue at his best, and it appears he def couldn't beat him at his worst.

I would've never guessed superman's kryptonite would turn out to be a mumbling crackhead.

Lex Luthor is laughing his ass off.

cassette_craig

Plays Harder
Then Fayann will have to payback his half, cause we all know blues half will be gone once the sniffing start, the sniffing start, the sniffing start. Thank god for de pusher he is my savior, glory glory hallelujah.
hahahahahahahahahahaha dat mek i fall down laughing

Just imagine folks skinnin buttum because the great double M couldn't pull a complete victory.

He couldn't defeat Blue at his best, and it appears he def couldn't beat him at his worst.

I would've never guessed superman's kryptonite would turn out to be a mumbling crackhead.

Lex Luthor is laughing his ass off
Dis here win ah dun hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Audree

Bush Baby
So people really only could talk about Blue's drug use in the past and nooooooooobody else???

They gave it to him out of sympathy?
Ok, cause he's an old man? Fine

Then they gave it to MM out of sympathy too,
He is a Cry Baby, big boo hoo tears and all.

cocotrini

So Machel squeaky clean, he never do a line in his life or do a cough cough. How many time and I will keep asking this he going to bring his Minshall act on stage? All yuh ent tired see that? Look like Marchel have no idea of his own he thief Fay Ann puppets, he thief Dru Superman outfit, he fly last year and now he float, yet none of you find that lacking originality.

If Machel so great he should of wiped the floor with Blue as someone posted you mean the crack head give him a run for his money and end up taking half, next year all them old timers should challenge his arse for he cant beat them, Ronnie might of buried him with "Ent".

The winners for the night Bunji and Fay Anne that did not get caught up in this nonsensical shit that playing out before our eyes and people claiming its "Soca" Munroe is the worse thing that has happened to TnT Carnival.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Didn't see power....but Machel winning groovy and pure BS.
What are the judging criteria?
Wow.....funny, you asking that now, when I was defending the intrigue of the show, saying It should be based of the best performance , where were you? lol.....you sided with the rest of the ppl and said nothing.....so no need to be surprise or shock!

I was told I don't understand the culture and ting since I never been to T&T ....so yes, the fans got what they wanted...their favorites won and the owner of the event made a business decision to secure the hype next year......thank God, I now understand culture and a level playing field.

If I was an up coming artist in soca....I wound do what Bunji and Fayann did....Boycott this rigged event and go do my five fetes for the night and make my money.

cassette_craig

Plays Harder
Wow.....funny, you asking that now, when I was defending the intrigue of the show, saying It should be based of the best performance , where were you? lol.....you sided with the rest of the ppl and said nothing.....so no need to be surprise or shock!

I was told I don't understand the culture and ting since I never been to T&T ....so yes, the fans got what they wanted...their favorites won and the owner of the event made a business decision to secure the hype next year......thank God, I now understand culture and a level playing field.

If I was an up coming artist in soca....I wound do what Bunji and Fayann did....Boycott this rigged event and go do my five fetes for the night and make my money.
pineman dont speed over it she was probably one of dem that thought also the event wasn't rigged suh she was defending it with all her heart. Now the truth set her free

GND1

Destra's biggest chance IMO was the year she performed as a guest artist at SM, I think it was I name bacchanal if I remember correctly. that performance she put on as a guest everybody was blown away. I think if she did perform that could of won her 1st place that year.
Another thing with Destra is I noticed she doesn't get booked that much in North America but I could be wrong. I know I haven't seen her in Miami in the couple of years. "Carnival" is an old and beaten song but its one of the biggest to date. Off of that alone and maybe 10-15 other songs she should be touring regularly.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
pineman dont speed over it she was probably one of dem that thought also the event wasn't rigged suh she was defending it with all her heart. Now the truth set her free
Trust me...I know, this is not a competition anymore, it is a " SHOW "

I just feel it is unfair to all these other soca artists who put their all into it and can't catch a break.....the fans and the owner dictate the outcome of the Show....so, good for them, per Steven Covey....it is a win win situation.

Anyway, what I know about culture and fairness !

Another thing with Destra is I noticed she doesn't get booked that much in North America but I could be wrong. I know I haven't seen her in Miami in the couple of years. "Carnival" is an old and beaten song but its one of the biggest to date. Off of that alone and maybe 10-15 other songs she should be touring regularly.
She probably does not do Miami or New York regularly, but she is always in the Caribbean Islands/Belize/Guyana, London and other places

She is one of the few artists with a catalog to carry a concert, plus she is a singer, a vocalist and she executes her songs, without screaming or stopping as much as the others

Destra is one of those artists that may get more appreciation when they get older, like that is when people will realize her contribution.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Destra was ROBBED in groovy, she should have won hands down.

That girl is blacklisted. I say fock TnT competition, take "Call My Name" straight to the top of the world charts. That is where she will be rewarded.

I am truly hurt for her. Anybody who believe Iwer and Machel deserve 1st n 2nd in Groovy HATES music.

Colors

STEADY WUK
Well as a NON TRINI I can say the so called Top Soca Artist in Trinidad does love to thief off SMALL ISLANDS STYLE AND SONGS when Machel went with the same concept as an ANTIGUAN with heavy ties in TRINI, that just use it last year July 2012....then you got Iwer with the Power Drill Riddim from Flames.....SMALL ISLANDS TO THE WORLD.....see why them do not want to perform with we now they too busy thiefing off we thing and then force feeding it to ahyou and calling it NEW THING.....YES ME SAY IT