Power and Groovy results

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Destra need to wash her hands of TnT competitions and focus her energy on taking groovy int'l.

She will never win anything in her homeland, even when deserved. So is best you try and get a grammy. "Call My Name" has cross over appeal.

cassette_craig

Plays Harder
Makes sense now, i didnt know they had ppl texting in for the soca monarch also. Well then Machel was the clear winner going in fuh both categories.

Kobra Klutch

passin thru
Destra need to say her hands of TnT competitions and focus her energy on taking groovy int'l.

She will never win anything in her homeland, even when deserved. So is best you try and get a grammy. "Call My Name" has cross over appeal.
I've been saying that 'Call My Name' has the it factor for a while now. It has the same kinda vibes as 'One More Time'--heavy crossover appeal indeed :good:

dedetriniking

Well as a NON TRINI I can say the so called Top Soca Artist in Trinidad does love to thief off SMALL ISLANDS STYLE AND SONGS when Machel went with the same concept as an ANTIGUAN with heavy ties in TRINI, that just use it last year July 2012....then you got Iwer with the Power Drill Riddim from Flames.....SMALL ISLANDS TO THE WORLD.....see why them do not want to perform with we now they too busy thiefing off we thing and then force feeding it to ahyou and calling it NEW THING.....YES ME SAY IT
This stuff is just soo utterly silly.....but its fun though.

Aye Colors look Blue in a superman outfit wayyyy back in the 80s....

Now What!???

Well yes!! Allyuh is rell jokes yuh kno
w.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B3WiJRK-XII?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Destra need to say her hands of TnT competitions and focus her energy on taking groovy int'l.

In the music industry, some of the people who deserve publicity never gets it, Destra may have a hundred hits and may never get international stardom, but a relative one hit person may cross over internationally. Thats life

I think Kes is the man with the most potential to go international and Destra the most female potential.

But Kes is a changing his style to be more in touch with the average trini and that could hurt his overseas potential.

winn dixie

biggest winner?munro.biggest loser?tnt soca music. even before de show everybody said blue or mm.

base on comments, niether one perform well enough dat dey shudda won.

Colors

STEADY WUK
I would usually skip past ignorant statements such as these, but you are just too stupid to ignore. Every island in the Caribbean has borrowed from one another to develop their own culture, yet you come in here with your small island complex and spew garbage. I do not understand how or where you can get off saying that "Trinidad does love to thief off SMALL ISLANDS STYLE AND SONGS" when other small islands have "thief off" a lot more from Trinidad's Carnival culture over the years, and you don't see me or other level-headed Trinis saying that other islands "thief off" Trinidad. Grow the f up and fix your mentality. Yes there are ignorant Trinis that say ignorant things too, but you just come off as plain stupid with your post.

Thank God that not everyone from the other islands are stupid and ignorant. People on this site can learn a lot from people like Vivaa who is one of the most level-headed and unbiased people on this site. She just loves the music and culture, and people like her helps to grow and promote the culture and does not damage it like you Colors. You are one of the more ignorant posters on this site, but thats your right, just like it's my right to respond to you, so carry-on.
First off who the phuck is you (weslee).....It would of been best if you keep skipping over my post. No darling thank god that you are special and cannot be opening minded to the truth to why the culture of soca music does not go any where.....CARRY ON TO THAT

Colors

STEADY WUK

Now What!???

w.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B3WiJRK-XII?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I remember this era of Super and it was mas....wow the many bus rides in Brooklyn just memories.....but I am not just talking about the suit darling I am talking about the performance with the outfit flying like superman.....and yes I know Machel did many flying stunts before but it was just July 2012 me see superman flying over a soca crowd....that was my point
:brunette:

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I remember this era of Super and it was mas....wow the many bus rides in Brooklyn just memories.....but I am not just talking about the suit darling I am talking about the performance with the outfit flying like superman.....and yes I know Machel did many flying stunts before but it was just July 2012 me see superman flying over a soca crowd....that was my point
:brunette:
No one but small-minded people will care about this.
Ricardo Drue did not invent flying over a crowd or wearing a superman outfit.
Some of you people are really desperate to claim something yes but try to claim something worthwhile at least nah?!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Now What!???

w.

As usual...you ducking my question...but, it is all good, i see how you does flex !

I am 100 % certain that machel dressed as superman to play mind games with superblue, as one of superblue's past album covers, he was also dressed as superman. Colors, you really feel machel have time to observe and study what ricardo drue (of all people) is doing in an antiguan (of all countires) soca monarch? :nea:
ent ricardo drue use to bull patrice...... MM see it

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
No one but small-minded people will care about this.
Ricardo Drue did not invent flying over a crowd or wearing a superman outfit.
Some of you people are really desperate to claim something yes but try to claim something worthwhile at least nah?!
SMH

The AMOUNT of IRRELEVANT SHIT that you have CARED about since you became an ACTIVE MEMBER iof this FORUM, it should only LEAD ONE to BELIEVE that when the word SMALL-MINDED was CREATED, they had you in MIND.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEE

As mentioned by some other mixer, The monarch come like wretsling, where the promoter picks who win,,,,, idoubt there was any tie.

First of Blue sing he song more than montano.....

montano did all that flying ting again? whats that 2-3 straight years of the same ting.

At blue worse he mashed up the crowd/stadium fine fine fine,,,, they thinking of changing it to the Austin Lyons Stadium...

Machel fans are the worst yes....

congrats to MM for the 2 titles... i remember saying if montano was to beat iwer/destra/bunji/fay in 2010 and win de monarch , he would probably win it 8 years in a row

well he is at 3 now

SMH

The AMOUNT of IRRELEVANT SHIT that you have CARED about since you became an ACTIVE MEMBER iof this FORUM, it should only LEAD ONE to BELIEVE that when the word SMALL-MINDED was CREATED, they had you in MIND.

YUHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEE
you have time to study some of dem clown yes

no one is saying that drue invented anything.... what people are saying when barbados/grenada/antigua/svg do dem monarchs.... some times u see the exact same songs written/or similar stage peformance/costumes being displayed in TNT , its a fact

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
As mentioned by some other mixer, The monarch come like wretsling, where the promoter picks who win,,,,, idoubt there was any tie.

First of Blue sing he song more than montano.....

montano did all that flying ting again? whats that 2-3 straight years of the same ting.

At blue worse he mashed up the crowd/stadium fine fine fine,,,, they thinking of changing it to the Austin Lyons Stadium...

Machel fans are the worst yes....

congrats to MM for the 2 titles... i remember saying if montano was to beat iwer/destra/bunji/fay in 2010 and win de monarch , he would probably win it 8 years in a row

well he is at 3 now

:clapping: :clapping:

I said the nat'l stadium would crumble like the walls of Jericho under the force of watah n powdah.

The People.......The People...The People LOVE BLUE!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers

no one is saying that drue invented anything.... what people are saying when barbados/grenada/antigua/svg do dem monarchs.... some times u see the exact same songs written/or similar stage peformance/costumes being displayed in TNT , its a fact
What does it matter really unless folks copyright stunts and want to claim royalties?

Trying to make an issue about MM wearing a superman suit and flying is a bit small-minded as far as I am concerned.

Drue was not the first and Machel probably won't be the last Soca artist to incorporate such a stunt in their performance.
MM just did it way better than most of the others before him and won the first prize, that is all.

dedetriniking

trying to follow yuh hear....you saying it happens first in tnt then shows up in the other islands? Cuz i don't think that's what some others here were saying. In fact colors on record saying that tnt tiefing left right and center.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
this walls of jericho shit getting old.. the only walls crumbling is the ones of resistance to narcotics after carnival.. if somebody dont manage that properly..