Proverbs

RotiKing2004eva

Recently I just been meditation on what the fear of the lord is. I fear going to hell, but I didn't realize that

New International Version (©1984) Prov 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
I gotta hate evil more and evil behavior, and perverse speech, all without being arrogant and prideful....that's incredibly difficult cuz i can be very self rightous.

that one ya name, 'work in progress'.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
One of the oldest tricks in the world....get them to focus on lust rather than anything progressive.
yup. and instant gratification. i can't always get w/ the acting based on impulse all the time. i feel and i feel and i feel and i feel. and how long does the feeling last? steups.

DSP

Heri
sometimes one has to remind oneself

Proverbs 26:4

New International Version (©1984)
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Do not give answer to a fool according to his foolishness, lest you also be like him.

according to his folly is key point lol

mademoiselleBaroness

Resilient B!!!!!
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; wisdom and instruction fools despise.
-- Proverbs 1:7

The path of the wicked enter not, walk not on the way of evil men; Shun it, cross it not, turn aside from it and pass on.
-- Proverbs 4:14-15

mademoiselleBaroness

Resilient B!!!!!
There are six things the Lord hates, yes, seven are an abonimation to him; Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood; A heart that plots wicked schemes, feet that run swiftly to evil, The false witness who utters lies, and he who sows discord among brothers.
-- Proverbs 6:16-19