qualifications for priest?

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
saveoursoca said:
doctor and medicine have nuttin to do with the word of God.so y follow that system to be a priest?

according to who? according to the word which is what im dealing with it says otherwise. So i wanted to know if that way changed. Not what yuh personal opinion is.

the caste sytem was in effect long time. LOL
So if it's not of the "Word of God" it shouldn't exist, it's dead wrong? There are many things going on in the world that's not mentioned in the bible, we should not do them? Is that the jist of it? :confused

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
Only because I'm a sucker for reason...

RotiKing2004eva said:
B4 the thread gets diluted, can people simply post what they believe the qualification for a priest is?
In Some denominations like R.C., Anglican, Lutheran, Episcapalian (sp?), AME and others there are various seminaries and university theology programs for the person that "hears the call" to attend. After getting that degree in Theology there are various rites for ordination (depending on what denomination) for the person to go through. Then that person is either assigned a church/parish or goes and starts a church of his/her own (again, depending on denomination) and viola - "preist"!

But like bakes said...that's boring...people would rather discuss lineage and what's said in the bible and etc... :rolleyes:

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
Qualification for priests:
  • Must be a son of Aaron, from the tribe of Levi. Whether black, red, purple or lily white, this was the first requirement for priests.
  • Keep the Moral and Mosaic laws as prescribed in the old covenant.
Responsibilities:
  • Act as intercessors for the people to God until that Intercessor, the Messiah, should come.
  • Offer sacrifice on behalf of the people to atone for sin until the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, Christ Jesus, was to be made.
He came, He died, He rose up (AMEN!), and the role of the priests were fulfilled through Him. The veil was rent in twain. Jesus is the only intercessor we need; our High Priest. Anyone who is impressed upon by the Holy Spirit may be a teacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, apostle, disciple .... etc. However, the intercessory role to God is filled. No man stands in place for my sin. Only my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ; He pleads my case in the Heavenly court. Of course, if you're not a Christian, then you can have any intercessory role(s) you want. Likewise, if you are a Christian, but the Bible is not the test for your faith, then you are essentially free to define the role (and the Commandments for that matter) in anyway that pleases you. As such, you're free to create your own doctrine. But a thorough study of the sanctuary system, it's types and antitypes, should answer the question as it relates Christianity.

Light360

The Key
Bake n Shark said:
You know I love you...but have you been smoking the pages out of some of these crazy-ass books you've been reading?
LOL...all I could do was laugh when I read this....You know how I roll...and love you too :kiss:

Queen of Sanity said:
This is what I know of the qualifications of priesthood in recent ancient history. As for today, I'm really not sure nor care and prolly will agree with DreadJockey "must love kids" :kicks ...just kidding but seriously...

The death and ressurection of Jesus the Christ are actually a way to hide the worship of the SUN. so they made Jesus the SON as a disguise. :duck so the prophesy of him in the old testament was juts to hide the fact that they wanted to worship the sun? All the talk in the OT about worshipping false gods and idols was so that they can now worship the sun by calling Christ the sun? please come again.
He studied the Egyptian Mystery System and passed all 7 tests on the first try, which is why the bible does not record the greater portion of his life. Because with this knowledge they knew we would start to look beyond the bible to learn what jesus knew, therefore breaking the spell of christianity.

He had secrets and made the statement "there are many things I can tell u now, but ye are not ready to receive" before they say he ascended at 33 (the highest degree in masonry which is NO coincidence) this is funny. I take it u have no idea when masonry came about or who the masons worship do u.

The same statement is said to the initiate of masonry upon their attempt to gain a higher degree, but lack the SECRET & or handshake....
but i still looking for yuh explanation of qualifications of a priest.

RotiKing2004eva said:
I take it like this: I feel there is no need for priests to sacrifice for sins or confessing to priests or anything like that...I take it from hebrews 7 and 8

Jesus Like Melchizedek
11If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come—one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. 15And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. 17For it is declared:
"You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek."[a]
18The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19(for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:
"The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
'You are a priest forever.' " 22Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.

23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Hebrews 8
The High Priest of a New Covenant
1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man. 3Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. 4If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already men who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. 5They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."[a] 6But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.

7For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8But God found fault with the people and said:
"The time is coming, declares the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
9It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they did not remain faithful to my covenant,
and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
11No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
12For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."[c]

13By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

The whole priest and pope and all thing I totally disagree with. I think someone can perform a function like lead a congregation or whatever, but it gets scary when people call think a priest will intercede for them...nah...everybody is on the same level. There's you..6 billion other people...and then there's God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.

When you think theres you, then the priest, this his leader, then his leader all the way to the top leader, then God...then there's a problem and I think that system has been done away with by the new covenant based on Hebrews 11.

Just my opinion.

ps. to answer the question...I think the qualification for becoming a priest is being a living breathing human being that loves God and wants to serve people and help them see God.

thanks for answering the question.
I am agreement with the Highpriesthood of Christ, where we differ is the role of the levitivcal priest.
From what i have read there will be sacrifice in the kingdom. for sins but for high holy days, feasts etc I get this from
ezekiel chap 39,40,-45
its alot to read so when u get a chance tell me what u think
especially chap 43 verse 19-27
these above verses in ezekiel are future prophecy of the kingdom
The teachin part of the law and ways will be placed into our heats but there are still physical actions that have to be carried out by the priest and priests only. what u think?

Oneshot said:
that was the exact caste system Jesus tried to destroy while he was alive.. just watch the disciples he picked.. that is why i say the lineage of apostles.. that is when an earlier apostle grants another apostle to become part of the brotherhood per say
but oneshot none of the deciples were priests. So how could that be the guideline for a priest? ANd in actuality Christ tried to destroy no casete system. He was trying to destroy those who corrupted the system. There is a big difference. The men that were supposed to lead the flock were off and thats who Christ wanted to do away with not the system. Because the system is perfect.

Bake n Shark said:
His logic is simple...and on point.

If you say that Aaron was black, and that only sons of Aaron can be priests...logic dictates that (barring interracial marriage) all of Aaron's sons were black. Thus it stands to reason that only black men can be priest/all priests must be black. Never did he say 'ALL' black men can be priests...he said "ONLY"...according to your predictably skewed logic.

You seem to live by the book...if the book does not prescribe 'IT', is 'IT' wrong or unnecessary? That is to say, if 'the book' doesn't say "do this", if we do (whatever "this" is) are we doing something that is wrong or unnecessary...like ordaining priests or putting up Christmas trees?
u still aint answer the question
If im wrong in saying only aarons sons can be priest. Then show me. Im asking how do u ordain a priest and where did the act of ordaining a priest come from? Is that so hard to answer?
SS doesnt want to answer the question he wants to get into a different topic. Which ill gladly go into if he starts a thread, I have no problem going into If aaron was black, so therefore the priest of God were and are black because the hebrews are black.
But this is not the thread at hand. Im asking how do u or yuh church go about picking a priest. simple. whatever logic u and SS want to get into im all for it start the thread.

Light360

The Key
saveoursoca said:
but i still looking for yuh explanation of qualifications of a priest.
Hi SOS, long time but I ent trying to repeat myself. I thought the book had all the answers, tho? You ent find it yet? Apparently I smokin the pages out the crazy ass books I reading so... :derisive: LOL

shandy said:
So if it's not of the "Word of God" it shouldn't exist, it's dead wrong? There are many things going on in the world that's not mentioned in the bible, we should not do them? Is that the jist of it? :confused
Im not saying that.
He was telling me that u have to go to school to be a doctor etc so y not to become a priest and I was simply telling him that the way of the world is not how things get done in the book, and not to make it seem like because the world does this or that means that its right.
In other words going to school has nuttin to do with being a priest of God. Not that if its in the world it means its wrong.

Bake n Shark said:
That's boring...who cares.
I do.
especially if this person is claiming to be bringing the word of God. I think its important, but we all fell differently about different things. If u dont think its important please dont muck up the thread.

Bake n Shark said:
...yeah, but is SOS we talking about here, nutten yuh say go satisfy he as long as it 'ent in de book'.
u mentioned logic in an earlier post.
How is this for logic?
somone is claiming the post of priest of God. Should they be able to show how they came about getting this title, especially if its different from the way The Priest of God were choosen.

shandy said:
In Some denominations like R.C., Anglican, Lutheran, Episcapalian (sp?), AME and others there are various seminaries and university theology programs for the person that "hears the call" to attend. After getting that degree in Theology there are various rites for ordination (depending on what denomination) for the person to go through. Then that person is either assigned a church/parish or goes and starts a church of his/her own (again, depending on denomination) and viola - "preist"!

But like bakes said...that's boring...people would rather discuss lineage and what's said in the bible and etc... :rolleyes:
so let me ask u this
who should I go with?
the way the book says for a priest to be ordained or the way a church says it? Im just showing a difference in the way the churches do things and what actually in the book. I would ask the questin y does it say one thing and we do another. But if its boring I understand.

Oneshot

where de crix
saveoursoca said:
so let me ask u this
who should I go with?
the way the book says for a priest to be ordained or the way a church says it? Im just showing a difference in the way the churches do things and what actually in the book. I would ask the questin y does it say one thing and we do another. But if its boring I understand.
so by blood lineage means you are qualified to lead his people? so who is God's people only by blood lineage only?