qualifications for priest?

Agony said:
Qualification for priests:
  • Must be a son of Aaron, from the tribe of Levi. Whether black, red, purple or lily white, this was the first requirement for priests.
  • Keep the Moral and Mosaic laws as prescribed in the old covenant.
Responsibilities:
  • Act as intercessors for the people to God until that Intercessor, the Messiah, should come.
  • Offer sacrifice on behalf of the people to atone for sin until the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, Christ Jesus, was to be made.
He came, He died, He rose up (AMEN!), and the role of the priests were fulfilled through Him. The veil was rent in twain. Jesus is the only intercessor we need; our High Priest. Anyone who is impressed upon by the Holy Spirit may be a teacher, pastor, minister, evangelist, apostle, disciple .... etc. However, the intercessory role to God is filled. No man stands in place for my sin. Only my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ; He pleads my case in the Heavenly court. Of course, if you're not a Christian, then you can have any intercessory role(s) you want. Likewise, if you are a Christian, but the Bible is not the test for your faith, then you are essentially free to define the role (and the Commandments for that matter) in anyway that pleases you. As such, you're free to create your own doctrine. But a thorough study of the sanctuary system, it's types and antitypes, should answer the question as it relates Christianity.
as i asked rotiking
What about the responsibility part of the priests. That is not done away with.
Is the temple going to be rebuilt in the kingdom? Christ rent the veil, will it be rebuilt?
Yes it is. so who will be carring the positions of the sactuary?
The levitical priesthood. The sin intercission wasnt the only role of the priest they had multiple roles. And roles that still need to be done. And any or everybody cannot do them.
I think we are getting the job of apriest confused. Anyone can teach but to fufill the office of priest can only be done by the oppointed

Oneshot

where de crix
saveoursoca said:
as i asked rotiking
Is the temple going to be rebuilt in the kingdom? Christ rent the veil, will it be rebuilt?
Yes it is. so who will be carring the positions of the sactuary?
The levitical priesthood. The sin intercission wasnt the only role of the priest they had multiple roles. And roles that still need to be done. And any or everybody cannot do them.
I think we are getting the job of apriest confused. Anyone can teach but to fufill the office of priest can only be done by the oppointed
ordain

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
saveoursoca said:
as i asked rotiking
What other responsibilities are they to meet?
Yes it is.
Why, when and how?
so who will be carring the positions of the sactuary?
The levitical priesthood.
After Christ, why is this still necessary?
The sin intercission wasnt the only role of the priest they had multiple roles. And roles that still need to be done. And any or everybody cannot do them.
When you have some time, please provide the passages you're using to support each of these points. As I know it, Jesus is our High Priest. The veil represents our separation because of sin, hence the need for His mediation. In the earth made new, I can't forsee why that type for separation will be re-erected, the Levitical priesthood continuing past responsiblities, or even what intecessory needs we will still have.

Agony said:
When you have some time, please provide the passages you're using to support each of these points. As I know it, Jesus is our High Priest. The veil represents our separation because of sin, hence the need for His mediation. In the earth made new, I can't forsee why that type for separation will be re-erected, the Levitical priesthood continuing past responsiblities, or even what intecessory needs we will still have.
no problem
im going nowhere tonight
i wont post the chapters ill just tell u where they are.Its to much to post int he thread.
ezekiel chap 40-42 give the measuring of the temple in the kingdom

ezekiel chap 42verse 13-14 shows the some of the priest responsibilities in the temple

ezekiel chap 43 verse 18-27 show the levites upholding this office with sacrifice, sprinkling of blood etc

eze chapp 44 1-3 shows the part of the temple where only Christ can enter
then it goes on to show the reproof of the levite priest and them being made straight
chap 45 gives more roles of the priest
chap 46 gives Some ordinances of Christ
tell me what u get
remember this is all future prophecy so it has not happened yet
It is all kingdom prphecy shown to ezekiel.
The veil and temple that CHrist rent was totally destroyed, this is a toatlly new one.

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
saveoursoca said:
no problem
im going nowhere tonight
i wont post the chapters ill just tell u where they are.Its to much to post int he thread.
ezekiel chap 40-42 give the measuring of the temple in the kingdom

ezekiel chap 42verse 13-14 shows the some of the priest responsibilities in the temple

ezekiel chap 43 verse 18-27 show the levites upholding this office with sacrifice, sprinkling of blood etc

eze chapp 44 1-3 shows the part of the temple where only Christ can enter
then it goes on to show the reproof of the levite priest and them being made straight
chap 45 gives more roles of the priest
chap 46 gives Some ordinances of Christ
tell me what u get
remember this is all future prophecy so it has not happened yet
It is all kingdom prphecy shown to ezekiel.
The veil and temple that CHrist rent was totally destroyed, this is a toatlly new one.
Thanks Bro. I'll dive into these today.

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
saveoursoca said:
so let me ask u this
who should I go with?
the way the book says for a priest to be ordained or the way a church says it? Im just showing a difference in the way the churches do things and what actually in the book. I would ask the questin y does it say one thing and we do another. But if its boring I understand.
If one wants to be a minister/preist/clergyman then you would have to follow the course of action as laid out by whatever college/university you attending, according to that denomination, all bible-based. One can't just wake up and say "I'm from the line of Aaron, I should be a preist" I'm sure even the store-front church preachers had some sort of credential and education. So in a sense it's a bible-based study laid out by the church, so you're following both. (again I'm not using any one denomination here)

How does one determine this lineage though, are all men/women of the cloth supposed to come from a certain lineage? What if a person after deep reflection, meditation and studying the bible wants to serve God in the vocation of minster and is not of that particular lineage, what are you guys saying...that he/she is not supposed to? How many people can really trace that far back? (this is not sarcasm, this is a legit question)

shandy said:
If one wants to be a minister/preist/clergyman then you would have to follow the course of action as laid out by whatever college/university you attending, according to that denomination, all bible-based.Now is it really bibled based or is it just saying its bibled based? because the bible tells us how a priest is a priest. one cannot just up and say im a priest or im going to school to be a priest. And if a church or a denomination basing their beliefs off the bible is saying that u can get an education or degree to become a priest I would like to see where they are getting their ways from. One can't just wake up and say "I'm from the line of Aaron, I should be a preist" I'm sure even the store-front church preachers had some sort of credential and education. So in a sense it's a bible-based study laid out by the church, so you're following both. (again I'm not using any one denomination here)this is why it was ordained who the priest were. One can not up and claim the line of aaron as one cannot up and claim to be a priest or have gotten education now to become a priest. So where is the church getting their way of appointing priest from thats all im asking? Is it in the book they are getting it from or on their own cause we now know what the book says.How does one determine this lineage though, are all men/women of the cloth supposed to come from a certain lineage? What if a person after deep reflection, meditation and studying the bible wants to serve God in the vocation of minster and is not of that particular lineage, what are you guys saying...that he/she is not supposed to? How many people can really trace that far back? (this is not sarcasm, this is a legit question)No it is a legit question. and no none of us can say we are of the line of aaron. That knowledge was long destroyed. along with numerous ways of God. The book tells us that the world is out of course and things are not the way they are supposed to be. As for a minister/ teacher I dont know what the book says about that But i do know what it says about priests and only the line of aaron are the priest of the God of the bible. If a person after deep meditaion and studying wants to call themself a priest they werent studying hard enough, because they would realize that they just cant up and become a priest. The priests are ordained and when Christ returs he will set the right way back up.[/QUOTE]
U didnt answer meh question about who do I follow the book or the church but say what.
Ill ask u a simple question. Did u know the book only called for certain people to be a priest?

Last edited:

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
so you're saying no one should be a priest then. Go ahead, follow the bible.

I'm done.

thanks for the education.

shandy said:
so you're saying no one should be a priest then. Go ahead, follow the bible.

I'm done.

thanks for the education.
u aint play u doesnt answer a question boi
lol
but all im asking is how do the churches justify who is a priest? where do they get it from? . I mean if they make it up then say so if its from the book then say so.

Last edited:

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
saveoursoca said:
u aint play u doesnt answer a question boi
lol
but all im asking is how do the churches justify who is a priest? where do they get it from? . I mean if they make it up then say so if its from the book then say so.
I answered your question! Read it over, I'm not going to repeat myself again.

They didn't take it from the book verbatim, that's why I said it's "bible-based" You want fingerpuppets? lol

shandy said:
I answered your question! Read it over, I'm not going to repeat myself again.

They didn't take it from the book verbatim, that's why I said it's "bible-based" You want fingerpuppets? lol
kool

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
saveoursoca said:
u mentioned logic in an earlier post.
How is this for logic?
somone is claiming the post of priest of God. Should they be able to show how they came about getting this title, especially if its different from the way The Priest of God were choosen.
You've already been given the answer to your question...'priests' (used only in Catholicism to my knowledge, so my answer is limited to that faith) are granted the title after having proven themselves worthy in character and in training/study.

How do you know this is different from how 'Priests of God' are chosen?

Bake n Shark said:
You've already been given the answer to your question...'priests' (used only in Catholicism to my knowledge, so my answer is limited to that faith) are granted the title after having proven themselves worthy in character and in training/study.

How do you know this is different from how 'Priests of God' are chosen?
oh ok I missed yuh answer before. My fault.
Because the book says how the priest were choosen and
the priest of God only came from one line of people. How that training and study /teaching was given to them I havent read anywhere so I dont know what it consisted of. They had rituals etc that they could do and only they could do.
It even mentions those who tried to do the office of the priest who werent priest and that the lord slayed them
There is even certain foods that only a priest may eat. And if u are not of the line then u cant eat it.
Im just saying the way it is in the book and the examples given to us
and was looking for the justification churches use for callling their teachers priests. There has to be a understanding they use. Ent?

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
SOS!

Bredren, I haven't forgotten you. I'm still praying, studying and consulting on the chapters. I've read through twice already and going through some commentaries. You provided some inspiration. I've put this to one of my elders for possible Bible study. As soon as I have a "firmer" (or however relative) grip on their application, I'll come back and provide some info.

JAHTEE

who Jah bless no man cus
saveoursoca said:
oh ok I missed yuh answer before. My fault.
Because the book says how the priest were choosen and
the priest of God only came from one line of people. How that training and study /teaching was given to them I havent read anywhere so I dont know what it consisted of. They had rituals etc that they could do and only they could do.
It even mentions those who tried to do the office of the priest who werent priest and that the lord slayed them
There is even certain foods that only a priest may eat. And if u are not of the line then u cant eat it.
Im just saying the way it is in the book and the examples given to us
and was looking for the justification churches use for callling their teachers priests. There has to be a understanding they use. Ent?

I was supposed to ask my priest about this but from reading all you post I understand your question and line of thinking.

In the old testement it does say the levi or levites (really need to walk with ma bible) are the ones that are supposed to prepare the offerings and setup the temple I think it states it in numbers and???somewhere else ,but what we forget is, this is the old testement before jesus was here. so many things changed since then,once jesus was crucified the covenent was broken.

Agony said:
SOS!

Bredren, I haven't forgotten you. I'm still praying, studying and consulting on the chapters. I've read through twice already and going through some commentaries. You provided some inspiration. I've put this to one of my elders for possible Bible study. As soon as I have a "firmer" (or however relative) grip on their application, I'll come back and provide some info.
kool whenever u get around to it
Ill like to c what they say

JAHTEE said:
I was supposed to ask my priest about this but from reading all you post I understand your question and line of thinking.

In the old testement it does say the levi or levites (really need to walk with ma bible) are the ones that are supposed to prepare the offerings and setup the temple I think it states it in numbers and???somewhere else ,but what we forget is, this is the old testement before jesus was here. so many things changed since then,once jesus was crucified the covenent was broken.
covenents for the levites and israle is not eh same as the nations
but besides that this is why i posted the verses in ezekiel for whoever wanted to read on the role of the priest in the kinngdom. Now if it is passed away what are they doing in the kingdom as the role of priest.
contrary to popular belief christ never destroyed the Old testament and alot of answers are still in there.
The new covenent with Israel has yet to be established and has a few parts so when we are talking coveneat which part or which one are u talking?

JAHTEE

who Jah bless no man cus
saveoursoca said:
covenents for the levites and israle is not eh same as the nations
but besides that this is why i posted the verses in ezekiel for whoever wanted to read on the role of the priest in the kinngdom. Now if it is passed away what are they doing in the kingdom as the role of priest.
contrary to popular belief christ never destroyed the Old testament and alot of answers are still in there.
The new covenent with Israel has yet to be established and has a few parts so when we are talking coveneat which part or which one are u talking?

Let me review this and get back atcha :eek:k: