qualifications for priest?

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
saveoursoca said:
kool whenever u get around to it
Ill like to c what they say
Okay, I'm back.

Ezekiel 40 through 48, we begin with the temple being measured and detailed, given to Ezekiel to pass on to the people. Israel is implored over, and over, to keep the covenant and be set apart, His Holy people, to be priests of God to the world. They were to rebuild the temple, (because Solomon's was destroyed) and they were being given all the requirements.

Eze 43:9-10 KJV
(9) Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
(10) Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.

Verse 9 is the conditional promise. Get their act together and He will be among them forever. But did they listen?

Dan 9:24-27 KJV
(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
(25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
(26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
(27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Lord ended up giving them 70 weeks (prophetic) to get their act together from the time the decree to rebuild was given (see Ezra 7:11-13). In 457 BC, Artaxerxes gave the command for the Jews who were willing to return, to rebuild their city and temple. They went, and to avoid going into captivity again, to take advantage of the conditional promise (for it was their punishment for breaking the covenant ordinances and the Sabbath), they developed over 500 rules dictating how the Sabbath was to be kept.

But over time, Israel lost their way again. The Law became a burden. They were the same old hardheaded, "stiff necked" people. At the end of the 490 years is when they stoned Stephen, rejecting the Messiah, officially nullifying the covenant and forfeiting their place as the chosen of God. The Gospel now went to the Gentiles, from literal Israel to spiritual Israel.

In the middle of the 70th week, the Messiah was cut off, bringing and end to the sacrifice and the ordinances. There could be no sacrifice in earth made new for a couple of reasons:

Eze 43:18-22, 45:17, 46:20
Mentions sin offering

Eze 46:12, 13
Burnt offering of a lamb

Eze 44:7-9
Sinners (in paradise?)

Nah 1:9 What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

There is no more sin and there are no sinners, so sin offering is pointless. There is no more death, no sorrow or pain. The sacrifices mentioned in Ezekiel are unnecessary in the new Earth​

Eze 47:8, 11
Desert and sea, the land is not healed

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

There is no sea and the land is healed; ALL is made new.​

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

The temple being detailed in Ezekiel 40-48 cannot be in the new Earth. There is no temple in the new Earth. There is no need for priests, for the Lord and Christ are right there among us, making that intecessory role void.

Agony said:
Okay, I'm back.

Ezekiel 40 through 48, we begin with the temple being measured and detailed, given to Ezekiel to pass on to the people. Israel is implored over, and over, to keep the covenant and be set apart, His Holy people, to be priests of God to the world. They were to rebuild the temple, (because Solomon's was destroyed) and they were being given all the requirements.

(9) Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcases of their kings, far from me, and I will dwell in the midst of them for ever.
(10) Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.

Verse 9 is the conditional promise. Get their act together and He will be among them forever. But did they listen?

(24) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
(25) Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
(26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
(27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The Lord ended up giving them 70 weeks (prophetic) to get their act together from the time the decree to rebuild was given (see Ezra 7:11-13). In 457 BC, Artaxerxes gave the command for the Jews who were willing to return, to rebuild their city and temple. They went, and to avoid going into captivity again, to take advantage of the conditional promise (for it was their punishment for breaking the covenant ordinances and the Sabbath), they developed over 500 rules dictating how the Sabbath was to be kept.

But over time, Israel lost their way again. The Law became a burden. They were the same old hardheaded, "stiff necked" people. At the end of the 490 years is when they stoned Stephen, rejecting the Messiah, officially nullifying the covenant and forfeiting their place as the chosen of God. The Gospel now went to the Gentiles, from literal Israel to spiritual Israel.

In the middle of the 70th week, the Messiah was cut off, bringing and end to the sacrifice and the ordinances. There could be no sacrifice in earth made new for a couple of reasons:

Mentions sin offering

Burnt offering of a lamb

Sinners (in paradise?)

Nah 1:9 What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Rev 21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

There is no more sin and there are no sinners, so sin offering is pointless. There is no more death, no sorrow or pain. The sacrifices mentioned in Ezekiel are unnecessary in the new Earth​

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

The temple being detailed in Ezekiel 40-48 cannot be in the new Earth. There is no temple in the new Earth. There is no need for priests, for the Lord and Christ are right there among us, making that intecessory role void.
thanks for the reply
But im not on for long just a couple of quick points i wanted to point out before i answer everthing

1) If this temple is not in the kingdom where is it and wherer was it built? Because remember this is a vision/prophecy of Ezekiel. And if it doesnt happen then this would be the first vision/prophecy that did not come to pass. And if u are saying it happened already where did it happen

The gentiles did not become spiritual israel, the gentiles are the gentiles israel is israel. The gentiles got the gospel whichc is what they were always supposed to get but israle can not stop being gods chosen ( this i will make a whole thread on cause this is a heavy topic in its self.

I am relooking the sin part because i think i may have erred in that part of the sacrificing for sin itself.
But i will be on this just as u were
always a pleasure discussing the book with someone who actuially reads the book and questions and understands what he reads. And can back up what he has to say with the book not opinion of feelings

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
saveoursoca said:
thanks for the reply
But im not on for long just a couple of quick points i wanted to point out before i answer everthing

1) If this temple is not in the kingdom where is it and wherer was it built? Because remember this is a vision/prophecy of Ezekiel. And if it doesnt happen then this would be the first vision/prophecy that did not come to pass. Actually it wouldn't. There are conditional prophecies and promises. For example, Jonah. Jonah prophesied, but it was contingent on Nineveh's repentance. They repented (Jonah 3) and were spared, at which Jonah got angry. And if u are saying it happened already where did it happen The temple was rebuilt. Artaxerxes set them free to rebuild it. The rebuilt temple never met the specifications set in the vision, and was not able to regain the glory of the first.

The gentiles did not become spiritual israel, the gentiles are the gentiles israel is Israel.

Gal 3:28-29 KJV
(28) There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
(29) And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Let us not ignore the spiritual application and narrow the definition to a strict racial/ethnic interpretation. "Spiritual Israel" as a coined term cannot be found in the Bible. By faith, we are partakers in the promises to Abrahams seed, Israel, and are by spirit, in the circumcision of the heart, grafted into Israel.

Rom 4:12-17 KJV
(12) And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
(13) For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
(14) For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
(15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
(16) Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
(17) (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.​

Who is this "seed" who through righteousness and faith, and not by the law, is to inherit the world?

Gal 3:13-16 KJV
(13) Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
(14) That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
(15) Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
(16) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

It's Christ. There are those who are Israel by flesh, and there is Israel by faith.

Rom 9:3-8 KJV
(3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
(4) Who are Israelites
; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
(5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
(6) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
(7) Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
(8) That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

We are believers in and followers of Christ. It is by that faith that we are partakers of the very same promises made to literal Israel.

Rom 11:13-21 KJV
(13) For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
(14) If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
(15) For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
(16) For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
(17) And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
(18) Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
(19) Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
(20) Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
(21) For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.​

There are those of literal Israel who have rejected the Messiah, and are cut off. They are seed of Abraham, but by the strictest spiritual definition of Israel, they are excluded. Then there are us, the Gentiles, grafted into the stock to share the promise.

The gentiles got the gospel whichc is what they were always supposed to get but israle can not stop being gods chosen ( this i will make a whole thread on cause this is a heavy topic in its self.

I am relooking the sin part because i think i may have erred in that part of the sacrificing for sin itself.
But i will be on this just as u were
always a pleasure discussing the book with someone who actuially reads the book and questions and understands what he reads. And can back up what he has to say with the book not opinion of feelings
Likewise. God Bless!

Agony said:
Okay, I'm back.

Ezekiel 40 through 48, we begin with the temple being measured and detailed, given to Ezekiel to pass on to the people. Israel is implored over, and over, to keep the covenant and be set apart, His Holy people, to be priests of God to the world. They were to rebuild the temple, (because Solomon's was destroyed) and they were being given all the requirements. u are missing a key part here. CHap 39 when the lord tells us that he has gathered israel from all the places he scattered and from all their captivities so that the heathen can see they are his people. It is important because now u have his restoring Israle and then the temple is built. Very important chap 39 21-29. When did this happen? it hasnt yet.

Verse 9 is the conditional promise. Get their act together and He will be among them forever. But did they listen?NO they didnt listen.He has to make the children listen. Not even when Christ walked the earth did the stiffneck rebellious nation listen. The lord has ti make them listen as the below verses are to expound on Eze 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them. His glory is israel, and he is talking of how he lowered isreal to be servernts among the heathen

Eze 39:22 So the house of Israel shall know that I [am] the LORD their God from that day and forward. From what day forward? future prophecy. It has not happened yet. but he lets us know when

Eze 39:23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword. punishement of israel

Eze 39:24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

Eze 39:25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
Have mercy upon the whole house of Isreal? when did this happen? It has not

Eze 39:26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made [them] afraid. again we cannot point out when Israel has done this. acknowledged their sin? never been done the lord says it has to be done.

Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; hasnt happened yet

Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I [am] the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there hasnt happened yet
So again isreal has to be restored and then this temple will be rebuilt. We cannot show who were trhe priest that buitl this temple that u said was being buitl but wasnt completed.

The Lord ended up giving them 70 weeks (prophetic) to get their act together from the time the decree to rebuild was given (see Ezra 7:11-13). In 457 BC, Artaxerxes gave the command for the Jews who were willing to return, to rebuild their city and temple. They went, and to avoid going into captivity again, to take advantage of the conditional promise (for it was their punishment for breaking the covenant ordinances and the Sabbath), they developed over 500 rules dictating how the Sabbath was to be kept. Now artaxerses did give this decree but this is in no way talking of the temple that is being described in Ezekiel. A heathen King is not the one responsible for rebuilding the temple God is when he gathers israel together as we read in chap 39. Not a gentile king.
Chap 43
Eze 43:5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house. This is still ezekiel vision
Eze 43:6 And I heard [him] speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me. now he is spoken to
Eze 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, [neither] they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places . So this is saying that this temple will be no more defiled. and He will be in the midst of ISrael for ever. The temple and Jerusalem rebuilt by isreal by the order of artexeres was defiled and destryoed. So what temple is Christ talkng about because this temple he says will never be defiled and he shall be in the misdt for ever. It cant be what artexese was allowing the jews to do. rememebr these Jews that were in control of isreal are the same ones who Christ was speaking against. So which is it? This temple is supposed to be forever it cant be the one that was built in 457

But over time, Israel lost their way again. The Law became a burden. They were the same old hardheaded, "stiff necked" people. At the end of the 490 years is when they stoned Stephen, rejecting the Messiah, officially nullifying the covenant and forfeiting their place as the chosen of God. The Gospel now went to the Gentiles, from literal Israel to spiritual Israel.U cant show Isreal forfeiting their place as Gods chosen. I will tackle this topic as soon as we are done with the temples. They did reject the messiah not all but alot did. but that still didnt take away their status as the choosen

Mentions sin offering

Burnt offering of a lamb

Sinners (in paradise?)

There is no more sin and there are no sinners, so sin offering is pointless. There is no more death, no sorrow or pain. The sacrifices mentioned in Ezekiel are unnecessary in the new Earth. well I still need to see whane these happenigs happened in eziekel.
U remember the prayer thy kingdom come? the last part of that is on earth as it is in heaven. When will that be?is there a paradise on earth and heven? are they one in the same? or is there a difference? The earthly kingdom is that earthly. the heavenly kingdom is heavenly. we will have man in the kindgom on earth. This is why there are judges. if there was nothing to correct what would be the need for judges? this is a hevey topic . heavier than i first thought.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein:(nice precept) for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temp temple being detailed in Ezekiel 40-48 cannot be in the new Earth. There is no temple in the new Earth. There is no need for priests, for the Lord and Christ are right there among us, making that intecessory role void.[/QUOTE]No there is no temple in new jerusalem not in the new earth. new jerusalem is not made by hands. and the chosen who are part of the first ressurection shall dwell there, the rest who are saved are dwelling on earth. and it will be built by hands

when we go to ezekiel44 and 10 - 16 it shows the roles of the priest who did wrong and those who did right.

Eze 44:10 And the Levites that are gone away far from me, when Israel went astray, which went astray away from me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity.

Eze 44:11 Yet they shall be ministers in my sanctuary, [having] charge at the gates of the house, and ministering to the house: they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister unto them.

Eze 44:12 Because they ministered unto them before their idols, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity; therefore have I lifted up mine hand against them, saith the Lord GOD, and they shall bear their iniquity.

Eze 44:13 And they shall not come near unto me, to do the office of a priest unto me, nor to come near to any of my holy things, in the most holy [place]: but they shall bear their shame, and their abominations which they have committed.

Eze 44:14 But I will make them keepers of the charge of the house, for all the service thereof, and for all that shall be done therein.

Eze 44:15 But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:

Eze 44:16 They shall enter into my sanctuary, and they shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep my charge.
so even those who have erred of the levites will be restored.
I think we now need to investigate the 1st and 2nd ressurection which i myself am now getting familiar with. DO u know any thing on this?

Agony

Welcome to Roti Bell.
I'll save some real estate and avoid a line by line rebuttal (it's getting cluttered). Can you pull out the elements of Ezekiel's vision which are still future?

Agony said:
I'll save some real estate and avoid a line by line rebuttal (it's getting cluttered). Can you pull out the elements of Ezekiel's vision which are still future?
kool I was thinking the same thing
I will get back at u in a little

Hi, I have already qualified and my parents on this occasion offered to make me a small gift and I need to choose something from clergy stoles cheap What do you think is better to take so that it is more neutral and does not stand out, I do not want it to catch my eye!

Last edited: