Question of The Day....

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Because they are all about self-promotion. You will have ah few clowns coming into this post claiming we have a few who inspire them.

Because they are all about self-promotion. You will have ah few clowns coming into this post claiming we have a few who inspire them.

To be a good leader means you need to be a father figure..

to be a good father figure is a man who has principles.

his principles does not need to be eloborate, they just have to be true.

MJ7

Many people say this.

There is no Malcolm, or Martin, or DuBois, Douglass, Booker T., et al, amongst them. Not one.

Black people are accustomed to greatness and average is offensive to us.

bhalistix

It is I
you can't attribute it to simply one factor.

1. our leaders more times than not are dictated to us by media outlets. That very same media would stop at nothing to bring down those, so called, leaders of the community.

2. Large faction of the black community (IMIX) believe that the are well off enough and don't need the assistance of "Black Leader" as the are perfectly capable of fighting the own racial battles.

3. leadership needs to find a cause greater than self to inspire people.

MJ7

you can't attribute it to simple one fact.

1. our leaders more times than not are dictated to us by media outlets. That very same media would stop at nothing to bring down those, so called, leaders of the community.

2. Large faction of the black community (IMIX) believe that the are well off enough and don't need the assistance of "Black Leader" as the are perfectly capable of fighting the own ration battles.

3. leadership needs to find a cause greater than self to inspire people.
I agree with every one of these...:good:

bhalistix

It is I
Many people say this.

There is no Malcolm, or Martin, or DuBois, Douglass, Booker T., et al, amongst them. Not one.

Black people are accustomed to greatness and average is offensive to us.

how do you liken someone to the likes of those mentioned above. If Malcolm was present amongst us today he would be revered and chastised for his believe. More so in this day of ANTI Muslim America dat mofo would have been blown up.

Do we forget as much as Malcolm toted black pride he did so through the teachings of Mohamed. Sure Malcolm would have inspired the black community to follow him and his islamic believes. Give me a FACKING break. Less we forget he was a drug dealing, pimp from HARLEM.

The DuBois, Douglass, Booker T, as i elude to in my previous post, inspired awe withing the black community because what they achievement at that period. The stood so far above the avg black person they gather adoration from the community. If they existed today them dudes would me no more that Cornel West.

How long do you think it would take the media to destroy Dr. King cheating assss...

People please.

Lucianite

Why Can't Black Leaders Inspire The Community at Large?
that is such an open question

There are black "leaders" who inspire (some ) people

is the question really why aren't there 1 or 2 leaders?
- Classism is one the things that divide us

and then we have to deconstruct " community" - although often there are all kind of stats and indicators about the "black community" - is there really a "black community" or at least do we think communally....

MJ7

how do you liken someone to the likes of those mentioned above. If Malcolm was present amongst us today he would be revered and chastised for his believe. More so in this day of ANTI Muslim America dat mofo would have been blown up.

Do we forget as much as Malcolm toted black pride he did so through the teachings of Mohamed. Sure Malcolm would have inspired the black community to follow him and his islamic believes. Give me a FACKING break. Less we forget he was a drug dealing, pimp from HARLEM.

The DuBois, Douglass, Booker T, as i elude to in my previous post, inspired awe withing the black community because what they achievement at that period. The stood so far above the avg black person they gather adoration from the community. If they existed today them dudes would me no more that Cornel West.

How long do you think it would take the media to destroy Dr. King cheating assss...

People please.
My...you're cynical.

Where did this come from?

MJ7

that is such an open question

There are black "leaders" who inspire (some ) people

is the question really why aren't there 1 or 2 leaders?
- Classism is one the things that divide us

and then we have to deconstruct " community" - although often there are all kind of stats and indicators about the "black community" - is there really a "black community" or at least do we think communally....
There really was a Black community when I was growing up, today however, I feel it's more of a wish.

Lucianite

what I find is that too much time is spent knocking down the effort of others that we disagree with...

If Person X decides to fight for reparations - I can disagree with reparations but i do not need to spend time fighting down person X....

Lucianite

being a leader is a tough job and opens one to all kind of attacks....... and in our "black community" there are special challenges....

Harriet Tubman summed it up "thousands more could have been freed, if only they knew they were slaves"

bhalistix

It is I
My...you're cynical.

Where did this come from?
its not cynicism. i am just showing you if those black leaders you mention on the onset existed today they would be forced to endure the same labors as our current day leader and they would more than likely be in the same position as what we have here today. That's just the harsh reality.

It is by no means an attempt to diminish their accomplishment or contributions to the black community as a whole.

MJ7

what I find is that too much time is spent knocking down the effort of others that we disagree with...

If Person X decides to fight for reparations - I can disagree with reparations but i do not need to spend time fighting down person X....

I can accept that.

MJ7

its not cynicism. i am just showing you if those black leaders you mention on the onset existed today they would be forced to endure the same labors as our current day leader and they would more than likely be in the same position as what we have here today. That's just the harsh reality.

It is by no means an attempt to diminish their accomplishment or contributions to the black community as a whole.
That may be true, but you're excluding the fact that their deaths changed a lot of things in the Black community as well.

We'll never really know...

Lucianite

one last quote

" we are the ones we have been waiting for" I think its from June Jordan and an African "hopi" peoples

bhalistix

It is I
That may be true, but you're excluding the fact that their deaths changed a lot of things in the Black community as well.

We'll never really know...
care to elaborate on how the deaths changed the things in the black community...

MJ7

care to elaborate on how the deaths changed the things in the black community...
There was a different vibe in the Black community. A whole generation of folks who were being influenced by the actions and words of people they perceived to be great.

When Malcolm X was murdered, it changed a lot in the community and also echoed what was to come.