Questions for T-Makaa and others (theological discussion)

BacchanalDiva

don't just say 'no', explain.
I just no cause I saw that after my long post and was redundant. Swollen is saying pretty much same thing I am. God not violent cause we were violent, man was/is violent because violence and destruction are a facet of god.

Are you familiar w/ any nature based spiritual paths? From Native American to African...there are deities for every aspect of nature/world...each one also has "a personality" ...different attributes that we mistakenly call human attributes..all of them are to be respected, revered and used in the right way..ALL of them are part of the one god. Nowhere, including Christianity does it say that there is a hard line between these traits...Jesus has always been the only character in Christianity described and all "good"; but Jesus is just one manifestation of God.

Shabeel

I just no cause I saw that after my long post and was redundant. Swollen is saying pretty much same thing I am. God not violent cause we were violent, man was/is violent because violence and destruction are a facet of god.

Are you familiar w/ any nature based spiritual paths? From Native American to African...there are deities for every aspect of nature/world...each one also has "a personality" ...different attributes that we mistakenly call human attributes..all of them are to be respected, revered and used in the right way..ALL of them are part of the one god. Nowhere, including Christianity does it say that there is a hard line between these traits...Jesus has always been the only character in Christianity described and all "good"; but Jesus is just one manifestation of God.
I guess the first thing that comes to mind is the Loas in vodoun. It makes more sense now, but still it's confusing.

I mean, if there's various facets to God, why are we punished when we act like the evil one?

Riley Escobar

Anonymous
What was Job's sin?

Job didn't sin but God & Satan was testing his faith like they did with Adam & Eve but under different circumstances...

That makes me feel a bit better. What I understand you to mean is that God lives within us all, and his violence back then is a reflection of how men were at the time. We made him violent.
Something like that... God is in all of us for we're created in image and likeness... Saying that one has to remember that God gave people the power of choice to choose and what happened is a reflection of ones decisions...