RALPH GONSALVES CHAMPIONING THE RACIST JUDICIALRULING AGAiNST DOMINICAN HAITIANS

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Mmmmmmm

Gonsavles is married to Eloise Harris. He has three sons, Camillo, Adam and Storm, and two daughters, Isis and Soleil. He has fathered another child out of wedlock and the mother lived for the first year of the child's life in Canada until she was deported recently from Canada for being undocumented. While in Canada the mother and baby were financially supported by the Prime Minister.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
What many people seem not to appreciate is that the DR is a very poor country, too. I have been there and seen the place. It really does not seem like the kind of place that can absorb economic migrants.
I've been there as well and have seen the levels of poverty. However, they do bring Haitians in for labor. I saw them being brought daily to work, just like how the U.S. did with Mexicans. But I do agree with you that it cannot absorb too many migrants. But to extend so many generations back is problematic.

robblaten

Question? He is not begging. He is asking for what is due. The Jews got and continue to get aid because of the Holocost. Hek the palestinians and dem got pushed off their land and the Jews got a whole nation and their whole holocost ordeal lasted a few years. Hek can you tell the Jews get over the Holocost? Hellz no. they would call you an Antisemite or whatever it is they call it. Why is it wrong for black countries to seek reparations? Hek most of these rich and powerful countries were built upon slave labour while our ancestors suffered for over 400 years. When slavery was over the plantation smaddy and dem got compensated what would be equivalent today as billions of dollars. Imagine that. SMH.

Plus if you listen to his plea he is also seeking reparations for the indentured servants and the the indigenous peoples. When the Japanese were held in concentration camps in the USA they got their reparations. The indians in the US don't pay any taxes and got a reservation. Wah mek we must forgive and forget when those other people remind you every single day about their past. I only hope if our countries do get reparations some of you all triffling people who are against it don't come expecting to benefit from it no matter what form it comes in.

Reparations does not necessarily mean that we each get a cheque in our hands. It could come in the form as debt wavers, to educational institutions being built, to hospitals and infrastructure being built. It could also come in the form of scholarships and trade deals. So big up Comrade Ralph!
Firstly, as a Black person from the region, I am (probably like you) the product of white and black (slave and master) and much else. Do I cut myself into quarters and have the white part (from which I inherited land) pay the black part. Or maybe my white grandmother has to pay while my black one gets paid. The whole idea of apportioning blame for one's ancestors is STUPID in a region like ours, where the story is FAR from black and white.

Secondly, I would prefer pay for my own infrastructure, schools, health and everything else than have some Englishman or Frenchman come and take credit for the advancement of my country. Hell, we would never live it down.

Instead of taking pride in the fact that our region does not qualify for aid, Gonsalves goes around telling the world that we are basket cases that deserve aid and pity. Where is this man's pride??

Wadadlineko

Firstly, as a Black person from the region, I am (probably like you) the product of white and black (slave and master) and much else. Do I cut myself into quarters and have the white part (from which I inherited land) pay the black part. Or maybe my white grandmother has to pay while my black one gets paid. The whole idea of apportioning blame for one's ancestors is STUPID in a region like ours, where the story is FAR from black and white.

Secondly, I would prefer pay for my own infrastructure, schools, health and everything else than have some Englishman or Frenchman come and take credit for the advancement of my country. Hell, we would never live it down.

Instead of taking pride in the fact that our region does not qualify for aid, Gonsalves goes around telling the world that we are basket cases that deserve aid and pity. Where is this man's pride??
What race is Gonsalves? Last time I checked he is of Portuguese decent. No black in him as far as I know of. Plus you still haven't touched on the parts i mentioned in relation to the Jews, the American Indians and the Japanese Americans. Plus why would you think that the bigger countries would take credit? They take credit for us building their countries up. Plus why should anyone care who takes credit. Do the Jewish people care who takes credit for them having Israel and getting aide, the Indians on the reservation care who takes credit. I am looking at the bigger picture and that is the development of the Region as whole. Haiti had to pay France reparations that amounted to billions of dollars for years to remain free. I wonder what that money was used for in France? Did Haiti take credit for building up France by paying all them reparations money? If the region had half the amount of money that was used to build up these so called first world countries we would be right up there by now. If we were running down African countries for reparations would you have had a problem? Cause to me they should also be coughing up some funds as well since some of them benefited as well.

robblaten

What race is Gonsalves? Last time I checked he is of Portuguese decent. No black in him as far as I know of. Plus you still haven't touched on the parts i mentioned in relation to the Jews, the American Indians and the Japanese Americans. Plus why would you think that the bigger countries would take credit? They take credit for us building their countries up. Plus why should anyone care who takes credit. Do the Jewish people care who takes credit for them having Israel and getting aide, the Indians on the reservation care who takes credit. I am looking at the bigger picture and that is the development of the Region as whole. Haiti had to pay France reparations that amounted to billions of dollars for years to remain free. I wonder what that money was used for in France? Did Haiti take credit for building up France by paying all them reparations money? If the region had half the amount of money that was used to build up these so called first world countries we would be right up there by now. If we were running down African countries for reparations would you have had a problem? Cause to me they should also be coughing up some funds as well since some of them benefited as well.
Firstly, rather than seeing the region as a whole, I think we should take each country in its own context.

Yes, Haiti DOES qualify for recompensation from France. They were paying interest on repayments to France until 1947 and that is a disgrace...stolen money as far as I am concerned!

But why should someone in the Bahamas be getting compensation from anyone? To me, it is ridiculous to ask for or expect.

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
What many people seem not to appreciate is that the DR is a very poor country, too. I have been there and seen the place. It really does not seem like the kind of place that can absorb economic migrants.
So tell them they need to CLOSE their borders, stop recruiting these people and stop b!tching!

SKBai1991

The problem isn't immigrants. These are people who were BORN there and who had citizenship their whole lives, but were stripped of it retroactively.

robblaten

I don't understand what the problem is with pushing the reparations issue. To me its long overdue.
Reparations to Haiti, YES. I agree. But reparations to the wealthy countries of the English speaking Caribbean? FOR WHAT????????????

It is just a ruse so that useless leaders like Gonsalves and Kenny Anthony can deflect attention from their own failures. The Anglophone Caribbean is no victim of history. They were born as independent nations with and edge and advantage in every conceivable way (English, the international language; stable parliamentary government; common law; strong civil institutions).

If these islands are entitled to reparations for slavery, then England is entitled to reparations from France for the Norman invasion of 1066, which heralded 500 plus years of domination of the local population.

Wadadlineko

Reparations to Haiti, YES. I agree. But reparations to the wealthy countries of the English speaking Caribbean? FOR WHAT????????????

It is just a ruse so that useless leaders like Gonsalves and Kenny Anthony can deflect attention from their own failures. The Anglophone Caribbean is no victim of history. They were born as independent nations with and edge and advantage in every conceivable way (English, the international language; stable parliamentary government; common law; strong civil institutions).

If these islands are entitled to reparations for slavery, then England is entitled to reparations from France for the Norman invasion of 1066, which heralded 500 plus years of domination of the local population.
Not sure which countries are wealthy. If you mean that some of us have a high GDP then I can understand that but in relation to wealth I would have to disagree with you. Most of our islands don't have any natural resources whatsoever. None, nada, nunca. The most we have is sun, sea, sand and soursop bush. A lot of our countries were doing well until them same big countries enforce laws and regulations nearly pauperising some of us. They put a million and one regulations on our banks because their people were coming down here and stashing their monies, they made it hard for us to open up online gambling centres bawling bout its immoral while their doing it in their countries. They make it hard for us to trade by making us sign onto that retarded WTO. They removed the preferential treatment on the banana industry nearly crimpling some of our countries. They force us to spend millions on making sure there is no money laundering or drug trafficking. While they legalize marijuana. Now tell me where is the wealth. GDP is not what its hyped up to be and does not show a true reflection of the countries wealth. We may have gained our Independence on paper but these so called countries have made us completely dependant on them. Wealth you say, I don't think so. The few territories or islands that have wealth the local people don't even control them. lol. Whats going to happen is these countries are going to squeeze and squeeze the life out of us until they control us completely. So I understand what you say. I respect your opinion however regardless of who better off than who we as a caribbean community are moving towards getting reparations. Our grand children will thank us in the future same way their grand children thanks them now.

Wadadlineko

Wadadlineko - Do you think JEW bashing is the way to get your point across ?
That is my exact point. As soon as you mention the word Jew someone most definitely pops out of the wood works to say your bashing them. But when you mention slavery the silence becomes deafening. In fact we are all told to get over it, just forget about it. SMH.

Mr. Dragon please enlighten the class and myself and show us where did I bash Jews. I clearly mentioned that both the Jew, American Indians, Japanese got reparations. Why did you not say I am indian bashing or Japanese bashing? SMH. I didn't say anything negative about them only used them as an example to show the double standard with persons thinking.

So please if you will show us where I bashed them because I know I did not bash anyone especially Jewish People. The larger countries need to pay up point blank. I have much respect for those groups that I mentioned cause no matter what they never forget what happens to them and they ensure that you never forget either.

I don't speak with marbles in my mouth so please don't try to put words in it that I did not say by bashing. By the way according the my world wide dictionary a.k.a the internet "bashing" is defined as a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group, or subject. So please wheel and come again. Just say you don't want the Caribbean to get reparations and done! lol

In concluding I did not bash anybody and I would appreciate it if you retract that statement.

robblaten

Not sure which countries are wealthy. If you mean that some of us have a high GDP then I can understand that but in relation to wealth I would have to disagree with you. Most of our islands don't have any natural resources whatsoever. None, nada, nunca. The most we have is sun, sea, sand and soursop bush. A lot of our countries were doing well until them same big countries enforce laws and regulations nearly pauperising some of us. They put a million and one regulations on our banks because their people were coming down here and stashing their monies, they made it hard for us to open up online gambling centres bawling bout its immoral while their doing it in their countries. They make it hard for us to trade by making us sign onto that retarded WTO. They removed the preferential treatment on the banana industry nearly crimpling some of our countries. They force us to spend millions on making sure there is no money laundering or drug trafficking. While they legalize marijuana. Now tell me where is the wealth. GDP is not what its hyped up to be and does not show a true reflection of the countries wealth. We may have gained our Independence on paper but these so called countries have made us completely dependant on them. Wealth you say, I don't think so. The few territories or islands that have wealth the local people don't even control them. lol. Whats going to happen is these countries are going to squeeze and squeeze the life out of us until they control us completely. So I understand what you say. I respect your opinion however regardless of who better off than who we as a caribbean community are moving towards getting reparations. Our grand children will thank us in the future same way their grand children thanks them now.
Maybe you have not noticed, but the wealthiest countries in the world are the ones with no natural resources. Japan, Germany etc. have NO resources, while Nigeria is full of them.

The Caribbean are mostly wealthy countries in every important meaning of the word. Very high human development, high incomes, low instances of poverty compared to most regions of the world. They are CLEARLY far too wealthy to fit convincingly into the "poor little black us" routine that most of their leaders are accustomed to.

By comparison to whom are the Caribbean not wealthy? Have you travelled to many countries and seen life as it is actually lived? I would suggest most people in the Caribbean do not understand how wealthy they are relative to others simply because they have not travelled much. I have been to every corner of this world and can tell you that there are few places with as high a standard of living or as easy a life as the Bahamas. And I am sure that applies to other Caribbean countries.

The problem with too many of our southern neighbours is they have (thanks to poor leadership) a victimhood mentality. While there is no reparations debate in the Bahamas (absolutely NOBODY here is even aware of the debate going on) it is angering to me that our leaders even pay lip service to Caricom membership, precisely because it taints us with association with this beggars' brigade.

robblaten

Incidentally, I agree with some of your points re offshore business and gambling (especially with regard to Antigua) and the big countries' double standards. But the way to deal with it is not to look for sympathy.

Rather, it is all one big game and the reality of the modern world has as many disadvantages as it has advantages to the big countries trying to monopolise wealth. The squeeze on banking was the most amateurish and doomed act on the part of the OECD. Here in the Bahamas, the nature of business has simply changed. I am an attorney and can tell you that there is no way that we in a small, nimble environment will ever lose out in the international business sector. Rather it will simply morph. Why? Because as small, service oriented places which offer a good place to live, as well as do business, we will always have a comparative advantage in services. I welcome the competition and the fight. It is fun and ultimately the small will win.

Thanks to those comparative advantages, my ancestors have thrived in every aspect of the services sector from piracy to gun running to rum running to tourism and financial services. We are no victims. How some in our region have allowed their leaders to convince them otherwise and to sit waiting for the white man's sympathy is a sin.

Wadadlineko

Maybe you have not noticed, but the wealthiest countries in the world are the ones with no natural resources. Japan, Germany etc. have NO resources, while Nigeria is full of them.

The Caribbean are mostly wealthy countries in every important meaning of the word. Very high human development, high incomes, low instances of poverty compared to most regions of the world. They are CLEARLY far too wealthy to fit convincingly into the "poor little black us" routine that most of their leaders are accustomed to.

By comparison to whom are the Caribbean not wealthy? Have you travelled to many countries and seen life as it is actually lived? I would suggest most people in the Caribbean do not understand how wealthy they are relative to others simply because they have not travelled much. I have been to every corner of this world and can tell you that there are few places with as high a standard of living or as easy a life as the Bahamas. And I am sure that applies to other Caribbean countries.

The problem with too many of our southern neighbours is they have (thanks to poor leadership) a victimhood mentality. While there is no reparations debate in the Bahamas (absolutely NOBODY here is even aware of the debate going on) it is angering to me that our leaders even pay lip service to Caricom membership, precisely because it taints us with association with this beggars' brigade.
Friend your making assumptions here. Have you been to most Caribbean Islands? Yes a lot of people live well. I for one live a relatively comfortable life style but I can tell you that there a lot of people living hand to mouth in these islands. Bahamas has a lot of foreign investment. It is right next to the mainland. Millionaires and Billionaires live there. I have been to couple islands and let me tell you things aren't as rosy as you may or may not think it is. When you visit these places do you make them take you to see the poor parts? Hek they have people in my country that still use latrine aka s&%t house. In 2013 you still have persons in my country that neither have electricity or water in their homes. Can't afford to pay. They have to use candle not even kerosine lamp they can afford and they have to get water from a stand pipe to drink. We don't have welfare here at least not in my country. Government does not give us free cheese and vouchers like in the states. And we most definitely don't get unemployment checks. In other words you don't work you don't pay. You know how many university people in my country can't find work? Some people don't want to higher them cause they claim they are over qualified. Some people have to resort to farming to feed themselves. A lot of them have migrated to Canada, US cause there is no jobs.You know why Bahamas opted in to CARICOM the so called beggers brigade as you put it? Its the same reason why Venezuela, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominican Republic wants in. Its called Trade. Larger countries don't want to do business with small islands. They want to deal with blocs, also a lot of these countries aren't able to trade much with the bigger ones because of the all the hassle they give them plus the competition. CARICOM gives them a market where then can push their goods. Also I went to the University of the West Indies in Barbados and you their were a lot of Bahamians there studying. Why? Because they said it was cheaper for them they would not be able to afford to go to elsewhere. So much for persons in Bahamas all being wealthy. They all used to say how things are cheaper in Barbados. I remember how some persons from the other islands however could only afford to eat corn beef and rice because their parents couldn't afford to send them much money.

Do you know that cost of living is higher in the Caribbean than it is in a lot these developed countries? Its cheaper for me to fly to the US than it is to fly to an island right next door. Just cause you visit a place doesn't make you an expert at it either.

Plus what high incomes your talking about. If I wanted to move out my parents house I would have to find another Job. Cause rent alone would walk with most of my salary so not sure what high salaries your talking about. Plus our unemployment levels are rising. Plus the average caribbean person does not even think about reparations. Just cause we work for more in our countries than africa and south america doesn't make us better off. Did you study economics in school? Do you know what Purchasing power is? I mean what's the sense if I work for 50 dollars a day and the african works for 5 dollars a day when my 50 dollars can barely buy anything.

Also sorry to pop your bubble but the comrade leader is pushing most for it isn't even black so I doubt he will be saying "poor black us" lol. Plus last time I checked the Caribbean is multicultural and multi-ethnic so its not just black persons will benefit from the reparations all persons will benefit. Chinese, Indian, Kalinago, White, Black, Mulatto, Dougla, Everybody. So...yeah. Plus look at this way if the bahamas opts out from receiving the reparations if the rest of us get it when we build up ourselves the not so wealthly ones from bahamas will have more options in terms of education in CARICOM plus they might even move to our islands.

Wadadlineko

Oh I forgot to mention Japan is a horrible example. America funds Japan more or less Germany is part of the EU also Germany is a producer country. They manufacture cars and other things Most cases than not if a country that has no resources wants to be on top they need to manufacture things. Japan is known around the word for its manga, anime, cars, games. Hek they manufacture a lot. What do we manufacture? The cost of manufacturing in these islands is so high its not profitable. Also we do not have economies of scale. How can you compare these countries that are thousands of square miles larger with our countries that you can barely see on the map. They have an advantage over us by far. They are larger, they are on the mainland and they manufacture things. According to the 2012 census Germany, Japan and Nigeria have a population of 81.89 million, 127.6 million and 168.8 million respectively.

If you notice Nigeria has more people than Japan and Germany. In fact it is the most populated country in the whole of Africa. It has many tribes, religions causing major problems. Yes they have a large upper and middle class but they have a huge lower class too.

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
That is my exact point. As soon as you mention the word Jew someone most definitely pops out of the wood works to say your bashing them. But when you mention slavery the silence becomes deafening. In fact we are all told to get over it, just forget about it. SMH.

Mr. Dragon please enlighten the class and myself and show us where did I bash Jews. I clearly mentioned that both the Jew, American Indians, Japanese got reparations. Why did you not say I am indian bashing or Japanese bashing? SMH. I didn't say anything negative about them only used them as an example to show the double standard with persons thinking.

So please if you will show us where I bashed them because I know I did not bash anyone especially Jewish People. The larger countries need to pay up point blank. I have much respect for those groups that I mentioned cause no matter what they never forget what happens to them and they ensure that you never forget either.

I don't speak with marbles in my mouth so please don't try to put words in it that I did not say by bashing. By the way according the my world wide dictionary a.k.a the internet "bashing" is defined as a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group, or subject. So please wheel and come again. Just say you don't want the Caribbean to get reparations and done! lol

In concluding I did not bash anybody and I would appreciate it if you retract that statement.
You should sue me

robblaten

Friend your making assumptions here. Have you been to most Caribbean Islands? Yes a lot of people live well. I for one live a relatively comfortable life style but I can tell you that there a lot of people living hand to mouth in these islands. Bahamas has a lot of foreign investment. It is right next to the mainland. Millionaires and Billionaires live there. I have been to couple islands and let me tell you things aren't are rosy as you may or may not think it is. When you visit these places do you make them take you to see the poor parts? Hek they have people in my country that still use latrine aka s&%t house. In 2013 you still have persons in my country that neither have electricity or water in their homes. Can't afford to pay. They have to use candle not even kerosine lamp they can afford and they have to get water from a stand pipe to drink. We don't have welfare here at least not in my country. Government does not give us free cheese and vouchers like in the states. And we most definitely don't get unemployment checks. In other words you don't work you don't pay. You know how many university people in my country can't find work? Some people don't want to higher them cause they claim they are over qualified. Some people have to resort to farming to feed themselves. A lot of them have migrated to Canada, US cause there is no jobs.You know why Bahamas opted in to CARICOM the so called beggers brigade as you put it? Its the same reason why Venezuela, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominican Republic wants in. Its called Trade. Larger countries don't want to do business with small islands. They want to deal with blocs, also a lot of these countries aren't able to trade much with the bigger ones because of the all the hassle they give them plus the competition. CARICOM gives them a market where then can push their goods. Also I went to the University of the West Indies in Barbados and you their were a lot of Bahamians there studying. Why? Because they said it was cheaper for them they would not be able to afford to go to elsewhere. So much for persons in Bahamas all being wealthy. They all used to say how things are cheaper in Barbados. I remember how some persons from the other islands however could only afford to eat corn beef and rice because their parents couldn't afford to send them much money.

Do you know that cost of living is higher in the Caribbean than it is in a lot these developed countries? Its cheaper for me to fly to the US than it is to fly to an island right next door. Just cause you visit a place doesn't make you an expert at it either.

Plus what high incomes your talking about. If I wanted to move out my parents house I would have to find another Job. Cause rent alone would walk with most of my salary so not sure what high salaries your talking about. Plus our unemployment levels are rising. Plus the average caribbean person does not even think about reparations. Just cause we work for more in our countries than africa and south america doesn't make us better off. Did you study economics in school? Do you know what Purchasing power is? I mean what's the sense if I work for 50 dollars a day and the african works for 5 dollars a day when my 50 dollars can barely buy anything.

Also sorry to pop your bubble but the comrade leader is pushing most for it isn't even black so I doubt he will be saying "poor black us" lol. Plus last time I checked the Caribbean is multicultural and multi-ethnic so its not just black persons will benefit from the reparations all persons will benefit. Chinese, Indian, Kalinago, White, Black, Mulatto, Dougla, Everybody. So...yeah. Plus look at this way if the bahamas opts out from receiving the reparations if the rest of us get it when we build up ourselves the not so wealthly ones from bahamas will have more options in terms of education in CARICOM plus they might even move to our islands.
Much of what you say has merit, but with some of it I simply must differ.

Firstly, I acknowledge that some Bahamians (a quite small minority) study at UWI, which is a very good university. But a hell of a lot more go to the US, UK (like myself) and the College of the Bahamas.

It is one of the good things about Caricom, which I concede. But please also note that our own university is a national priority over and above UWI. Also, government here gives scholarships to all Bahamians willing to attend the College (soon to be called 'university') of the Bahamas.

But I cannot agree that the Bahamas joined Caricom for trade. That is a ludicrous suggestion. It joined Caricom out of a sense of regional solidarity, as there are clearly NO trade benefits as you would know if you understood the structure of the Bahamian economy. We are an exporter of services and an importer of almost all grown and manufactured goods, unlike Venezuela and the other countries you cite. Government gets almost ALL its revenue from customs duties on imports, which are uniformly applied to all goods, no matter where they come from. Government does not and cannot give prefential access to our market of Caricom goods, as it would be working against its revenue source. Hence, we are NOT members of the CSME or common market. AGAIN, ECONOMICALLY, THERE ARE NO BENEFITS TO THE BAHAMAS' MEMBERSHIP OF CARICOM.

Also, I never said all Bahamians are wealthy. I said it is a wealthy country. Which means every segment of society is better off than the corresponding segment in a poor or middle income society. Poor Bahamians almost all own cars and go to Miami to shop (where it is cheaper), so it is a different definition of poor with, say, Jamaica. Domestic workers are 100% non-Bahamian and immigrants make up the bottom income group, for example.

Caricom is simply a non-issue with most Bahamians, whose only concern is that we NOT join CSME or any arrangement that would permit Caricom nationals to settle or work here. It has never been presented to us as having any economic case, which it clearly does not.

robblaten

Friend your making assumptions here. Have you been to most Caribbean Islands? Yes a lot of people live well. I for one live a relatively comfortable life style but I can tell you that there a lot of people living hand to mouth in these islands. Bahamas has a lot of foreign investment. It is right next to the mainland. Millionaires and Billionaires live there. I have been to couple islands and let me tell you things aren't as rosy as you may or may not think it is. When you visit these places do you make them take you to see the poor parts? Hek they have people in my country that still use latrine aka s&%t house. In 2013 you still have persons in my country that neither have electricity or water in their homes. Can't afford to pay. They have to use candle not even kerosine lamp they can afford and they have to get water from a stand pipe to drink. We don't have welfare here at least not in my country. Government does not give us free cheese and vouchers like in the states. And we most definitely don't get unemployment checks. In other words you don't work you don't pay. You know how many university people in my country can't find work? Some people don't want to higher them cause they claim they are over qualified. Some people have to resort to farming to feed themselves. A lot of them have migrated to Canada, US cause there is no jobs.You know why Bahamas opted in to CARICOM the so called beggers brigade as you put it? Its the same reason why Venezuela, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Dominican Republic wants in. Its called Trade. Larger countries don't want to do business with small islands. They want to deal with blocs, also a lot of these countries aren't able to trade much with the bigger ones because of the all the hassle they give them plus the competition. CARICOM gives them a market where then can push their goods. Also I went to the University of the West Indies in Barbados and you their were a lot of Bahamians there studying. Why? Because they said it was cheaper for them they would not be able to afford to go to elsewhere. So much for persons in Bahamas all being wealthy. They all used to say how things are cheaper in Barbados. I remember how some persons from the other islands however could only afford to eat corn beef and rice because their parents couldn't afford to send them much money.

I am looking for the statistic, which I once had, but trade with Caricom makes a fraction of a percent of all the Bahamas' international trade. I for one cannot think of a single item imported from a Caricom country and even less exports.