returning posessions at the end of a relationship

Tha Biz

so if somebody keeps things without returning them what does that mean, or are they just trying to be a ####################, what if the s.o has even requested something they bought for their partner, and the partner refuses to return it

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
hmmm sticky situations.. i would think that most folks simply assume that things are either returned or the other party trashes them... my ex and i have been in a 10 year dispute over something... will it ever be resolved? that remains to be seen...

Tha Biz

hmmm sticky situations.. i would think that most folks simply assume that things are either returned or the other party trashes them... my ex and i have been in a 10 year dispute over something... will it ever be resolved? that remains to be seen...
for me personally i just say return it....if you really not in love or still want or need a relation to the person. unless both of ya'll invested in it together

TC

Steuuuupssss!
It depends on what the thing is, or if the other person is still paying for it etc. I say.

I had a "what you may call it" with somebody...and they asked back for a ring. I placed it in the garbage and tell him go in there and search for it, and trust me if I could have driven the car he "gave" me (that I never did drive) and park it up in the said garbage bin I would have too!

Tha Biz

It depends on what the thing is, or if the other person is still paying for it etc. I say.

I had a "what you may call it" with somebody...and they asked back for a ring. I placed it in the garbage and tell him go in there and search for it, and trust me if I could have driven the car he "gave" me (that I never did drive) and park it up in the said garbage bin I would have too!
you should have given it back

TC

Steuuuupssss!
for me personally i just say return it....if you really not in love or still want or need a relation to the person. unless both of ya'll invested in it together
Well somethings to ease the headache are simply best returned.

But some people a pure idiots and have ego issues and don't even want the said item/s. they just want old talk and noise.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
see that's the thing.. rights of ownership are mine..however the sentimental value of the thing is all his..... God forgives, i don't... and thing is.. we talk good good good.. hell he called me tonight... no malice.. every so often i think he's forgotten.. every so often he reminds me he hasn't lol..

TC

Steuuuupssss!
If someone in a relationship gives somebody an unsolicited gift, what is this business about giving back and asking back? Steups! That is thing to make noise and bring bad feelings I say oui.

I think according to the item and the cost involved, one might be conscionable and give it back, eg an engagement ring or friendship ring that the person might still be paying for and the friendship or engagement is off.

But other than such situations haul ones ass and leave people alone, it was a gift so guh whe I say!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i have never asked for anything after a relationship, nor have i kept anything that belonged to the other person..... but if the only pics of our wedding are mine, and your parents never got to see them.. what's that got to do with me?

Tha Biz

i have never asked for anything after a relationship, nor have i kept anything that belonged to the other person..... but if the only pics of our wedding are mine, and your parents never got to see them.. what's that got to do with me?
well u still have feelings for him or u being a bytch when u can photocopy pics

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
neither of the above.. dont have feelings for him.. neither am i being a bytch..

The strongest of all warriors are these two -- Time and Patience

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
what does any of this have to do with love? or anything else? any pics that i own, are mine. the end. those pictures can be in another country where nobody has them.. not me, not you. we have a great relationship... no worries so don't make that more than it is..

Tha Biz

what does any of this have to do with love? or anything else? any pics that i own, are mine. the end. those pictures can be in another country where nobody has them.. not me, not you. we have a great relationship... no worries so don't make that more than it is..
ok so you own the pics, np. and im not worried

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
...take yuh shit!

When I divorced I returned the ring and everything he had ever given me... including his last name:grin:

Mr Mercy

Banned

All you did, was embarrass yourself..sorry to say. Most people will read this and think "It was a good idea for him to leave a woman with this type of mentality"

Missmayling

so if somebody keeps things without returning them what does that mean, or are they just trying to be a ####################, what if the s.o has even requested something they bought for their partner, and the partner refuses to return it
Only a bitter person would ask back for gifts given during a relationship. its as if the person was using the gifts to buy the other person affections, or was using the gifts as a loan as long as things worked out their way.

LIONESS onda RISE

Doesn't sound like everything good by ur cooment u still toting feelings...
First u say "god forgives..not u" then u make comment in reference to not caring if his parent never see..sounds very callous for someone over it!! How much would it hurt to share something that has sentimental value? Pretty cruel.. And childish not to

Only a bitter person would ask back for gifts given during a relationship. its as if the person was using the gifts to buy the other person affections, or was using the gifts as a loan as long as things worked out their way.
Agree... what nerve to ask back a gift?