returning posessions at the end of a relationship

LIONESS onda RISE

so what? If you don't like the strings then don't accept the gift, simple. Why would you want to keep something that had significant sentimental value to someone else anyway?
Why would u give it if it has that much meaning..a person can choose to return it..but u can't expect it as u GAVE it to them..so it's no longer urs

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Doesn't sound like everything good by ur cooment u still toting feelings...
First u say "god forgives..not u" then u make comment in reference to not caring if his parent never see..sounds very callous for someone over it!! How much would it hurt to share something that has sentimental value? Pretty cruel.. And childish not to

Agree... what nerve to ask back a gift?
good thing is me and not you eh.. don't extrapolate your sentiments to me....a copy will be sent to the parents.. they aren't in my possession.....

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
you should give an engagement ring especially its an heirloom.. like somebody grandmother stuff.. i wouldn't want to keep that either...

SKBai1991

Why would u give it if it has that much meaning..a person can choose to return it..but u can't expect it as u GAVE it to them..so it's no longer urs
If you give someone you're marrying a family heirloom its not like you're actually giving it away since she/he is becoming part of your family anyway. If I have my wife and I give her some of my mother's old jewellery when we're married why would she keep it when we divorce?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well why would you pass that on to your wife? it would be better to pass it on to your daughter since no matter what it will stay in your family... i can't see myself repossessing a gift.. that just doesn't seem right

Mr Mercy

Banned
Buh wha de ass?. If somebody gave somebody something as a gift and somebody chooses to keep it, what's the problem?????
I don't have a problem, If someone gives me a gift as a symbol of commitment, and the commitment no longer exists. I will give back the gift. (and of course I will not ask them to go search the trash)

TC

Steuuuupssss!
I don't have a problem, If someone gives me a gift as a symbol of commitment, and the commitment no longer exists. I will give back the gift. (and of course I will not ask them to go search the trash)
Good luck with that. And yes I agree, I also would return something that was a symbol of a commitment when the commitment ceased.

And before anybody enters a commitment with me they'd know I am the sort who regarding certain circumstances I would ask them to go search in the path of a herd of charging elephants. So perhaps wherever you are, that is just one of the differences between you and me oui.

LIONESS onda RISE

good thing is me and not you eh.. don't extrapolate your sentiments to me....a copy will be sent to the parents.. they aren't in my possession.....
Girl ...stop bullshitting!! It's been 10 friggen years. If yo ass wanted to send that ..woulda been done. U just childish for spite cuz god forgives but u don't. Yeah.. Good thing that u and not me

LIONESS onda RISE

If you give someone you're marrying a family heirloom its not like you're actually giving it away since she/he is becoming part of your family anyway. If I have my wife and I give her some of my mother's old jewellery when we're married why would she keep it when we divorce?
I'm not saying she should want to keep it.. I'm saying she has a right to keep it as u GAVE it to her. Maybe u shouldn't give anything away u can't do without..tell ur wife she can WEaR ur so long as she is your wife..and don't give it to her

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...

What did he do that was so awful....that you had to erase him from your mind and existence?

*pulls out notebook*
the usual Insidious..no need to go into details because it's the same song

Not a very proud moment but it felt good at the time...I had a Tina Tuner/ Waiting To Exhale moment *sigh*... I was hurt and had no use for the gifts, photos or any reminder of him so I packed every thing- at least two car loads of stuff from letters, stuffed animals,artwork, clothes, jewelry, computer, cell phone, photos- anything attached to him was given back to him...

the only thing I burned was the wedding program, dress & wedding photos...and I just got around to doing that this year (it will be 10 years in March)

With all that I will never be able to erase him from my life or my heart completely because we have a child together- and God fixed me cause she looks like him:taunt:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
:rofl: papayo... yo these dumb fckin broads kill me lol.. i'm bitter lol.. cos an ignoramus says so right? lol.. fohwtbs lol.. he dont have a problem but random mofos foaming at the mouth like rabid dogs? this cant be life! lol i am still cracking up how "I" address people first :kicks: see when you dont know anything, it's best to shut up.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous

Not a very proud moment but it felt good at the time...I had a Tina Tuner/ Waiting To Exhale moment *sigh*... I was hurt and had no use for the gifts, photos or any reminder of him so I packed every thing- at least two car loads of stuff from letters, stuffed animals,artwork, clothes, jewelry, computer, cell phone, photos- anything attached to him was given back to him...

the only thing I burned was the wedding program, dress & wedding photos...and I just got around to doing that this year (it will be 10 years in March)

With all that I will never be able to erase him from my life or my heart completely because we have a child together- and God fixed me cause she looks like him:taunt:
damn mami.. you burnt the wedding dress?? damn...

but i feel you.. it's like when your job gives you the pink slip.. they give you a certain amount of time to clear out your desk, and if you dont take what you want within that time.. tough shit. lol

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

Wow....that's so sad. :(

LIONESS onda RISE

hmmm sticky situations.. i would think that most folks simply assume that things are either returned or the other party trashes them... my ex and i have been in a 10 year dispute over something... will it ever be resolved? that remains to be seen...
Lolol..if he don't have a prob then u wouldn't be in a ten year dispute girly.

It is what it is:good:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
you make it seem like mofos going to court or having angry conversations over this shit.. but wait.. you was there right? :rofl:... a simple question and answer is not whatever your imagination conjuring up... and naw we dont have a problem lol...