Should the caribbean take a page from the rest of the world

dedetriniking

We've seen it in the middle east....we have seen it in asia...we are now seeing it in Brazil....people are fedup with status quo politics.
We in the caribbean know that our leaders have been screwing us for a long time....well....i can vouch for Trinidad and Tobago....where political leaders think that they are in business for themselves and don't have to answer to john q public.

Should caribbean people start protesting in the streets more or are we too small to survive these kinds of movements??

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
We've seen it in the middle east....we have seen it in asia...we are now seeing it in Brazil....people are fedup with status quo politics.
We in the caribbean know that our leaders have been screwing us for a long time....well....i can vouch for Trinidad and Tobago....where political leaders think that they are in business for themselves and don't have to answer to john q public.

Should caribbean people start protesting in the streets more or are we too small to survive these kinds of movements??
Don't think we are too small as unity is strength but we might be too divided.

A unified protest movement is worth a try.

On a side note, imagine if the West Indies Federation had stuck together that the picture might have been a lot different today and we won't have had all these posters posting under different flags at each other’s throats here on Imix.

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Don't think we are too small as unity is strength but we might be too divided.

A unified protest movement is worth a try.

On a side note, imagine if the West Indies Federation had stuck together that the picture might have been a lot different today and we won't have had all these posters posting under different flags at each other’s throats here on Imix.
Man they should give you some credits for this...

Mr Mercy

Banned
Using Trinidad as a Caribbean example and an answer to your thread question

What were Trinidadians reactions during the recent unpopular curfew, how about the Government scandals? It will take Carnival to be postponed or cancelled for to Trinidadians to engage in amassive and continued protest. Their priorities are very different from some nations

Some countries have grassroots movement ready to hit the streets with their foot soldiers to protest for days, and sometimes weeks for change in policy. And some countries just dont have those dynamics. This has nothing to do with the size of a country or how rich or poor their populace my be..

dedetriniking

Using Trinidad as a Caribbean example and an answer to your thread question

What were Trinidadians reactions during the recent unpopular curfew, how about the Government scandals? It will take Carnival to be postponed or cancelled for to Trinidadians to engage in amassive and continued protest. Their priorities are very different from some nations

Some countries have grassroots movement ready to hit the streets with their foot soldiers to protest for days, and sometimes weeks for change in policy. And some countries just dont have those dynamics. This has nothing to do with the size of a country or how rich or poor their populace my be..
Good point about the curfew. If that couldn't mobilize people nutn will. The people just stood dey and took curfew up dey rass easy easy just so.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Good point about the curfew. If that couldn't mobilize people nutn will. The people just stood dey and took curfew up dey rass easy easy just so.
The only weapon to make people in T&T protest non-stop is to announce that you are banning Carnival. There will be guaranteed civil unrest and non-stop protest if that happens and the government who makes that mistake will be out of power within weeks. :drinks: