Shouting out single mothers on Father's day.. what say you?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
Me personally... i'm not for that.. i dont shout out any single mother's on Father's day.. i shout them out on Mother's day, a day for mothers.. I personally think it makes the mothers who do it, seem a lil bitter (which they would have reason to do) but to me it takes away from the fathers and other male figures who stand up for the children.... if you're a single mother i'd think that if there were male father figures in your child(ren)s life that you could use the day to shout them out as well.. your father, brother, cousins, uncle, child's godfather ... that's the day to show them some appreciation.. i mean if people do it on their FB wall then whatever, i dont object..but on my page.. when i make a post about fathers and people rush to shout out single mothers, its' like? damn y'all want mother's day and father's day too? get off my status!

and i just noticed that Mahogany cards (usually marketed to African Americans) has a section for that.. so is this deadbeat phenomenon getting to be a normal thing and in such abundance that marketing is growing for this?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Me personally... i'm not for that.. i dont shout out any single mother's on Father's day.. i shout them out on Mother's day, a day for mothers.. I personally think it makes the mothers who do it, seem a lil bitter (which they would have reason to do) but to me it takes away from the fathers and other male figures who stand up for the children.... if you're a single mother i'd think that if there were male father figures in your child(ren)s life that you could use the day to shout them out as well.. your father, brother, cousins, uncle, child's godfather ... that's the day to show them some appreciation.. i mean if people do it on their FB wall then whatever, i dont object..but on my page.. when i make a post about fathers and people rush to shout out single mothers, its' like? damn y'all want mother's day and father's day too? get off my status!

and i just noticed that Mahogany cards (usually marketed to African Americans) has a section for that.. so is this deadbeat phenomenon getting to be a normal thing and in such abundance that marketing is growing for this?
In my book that post card is celebrating the destruction of the black father and a balanced black family life and anyone who buys one of those cards for a mother is also buying in to the negative stereotype.

Also why would a mother want to celebrate Father's Day herself when she already has Mother’s Day unless she is on some crazy “the children don’t need a real man or father in their life” ego trip?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
hmm socapro.. do you think it's necessary celebrating the destruction of the black father? or accepting the destruction of the black family unit that the absent black father is creating?

Mr Mercy

Banned
A certain type of woman with a certain mindset will gravitate towards this type of stuff. Women who I don't engage with..

LIONESS onda RISE

In my book that post card is celebrating the destruction of the black father and a balanced black family life and anyone who buys one of those cards for a mother is also buying in to the negative stereotype.
TRUE IRONY in this statement.. One could say that giving validity to what tommy says celebrates and buys into negative stereotypes about black women which also highlights the destruction of our families...

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
TRUE IRONY in this statement.. One could say that giving validity to what tommy says celebrates and buys into negative stereotypes about black women which also highlights the destruction of our families...
Tommy comments and complains about self-hating black people in general and black women in particular because he wants to bring awareness to the problem and hopefully embarrass some of these women and men into stopping their destructive behaviour that is ultimately destructive to the future of black families and the black race.

Someone who buys one of those “Happy Fathers Day To Mom” cards is accepting the stereotype that black families without the involvement of fathers is totally acceptable and something worth celebrating.

Do you understand the clear difference between the two scenarios?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
hmm socapro.. do you think it's necessary celebrating the destruction of the black father? or accepting the destruction of the black family unit that the absent black father is creating?
I think it is celebrating both the destruction of the black father and the destruction of the black family.

And why do you automatically blame the father for his absence?

What if the mother irresponsibly chose to have children with a useless male who is incapable of being a good father or worse still doesn't even know who the father is without the benefit of a DNA test?

Unless you know the circumstances in each case you can’t automatically blame the father for his absence from the family unit.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
who blamed the father... i didnt;. i stated that the absence of black fathers is destroying the black family unit..

think of another statement.. the breach of defenses that the absent guard creates is a problem.. i'm not blaming the guard for the absence. i'm stating that the guard not being there is an issue.. whether the guard isnt there by his own fault or whether the company placed him elsewhere.. so my point is that at the end of the day - the black father not being there creates a problem for the black family unit..

easier to understand?

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Mothers day is already overated and too commercialized, let fathers get their due respect on their day and leave mothers out of it. There is already a dark cloud over this day already, listening to a radio program today and all the DJ coulda find to play was just one (1) fathers day song. Damn shame

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
yea.. even the offerings and advertising for father's day is paltry compared to mother's day.. most people dont even seem to care too tough about fathers' day .. even those with their parents married 40 something years..

femmeayitienne

***//\\***

i think it's unnecessary and sad

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
yea.. even the offerings and advertising for father's day is paltry compared to mother's day.. most people dont even seem to care too tough about fathers' day .. even those with their parents married 40 something years..
Very sad indeed!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Tommy talks on Black Women hijacking Father's Day.

Pt 1 BLK WMN Hi Jacking Fathers Day For Themselves!
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ohMFBzDBcDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pt 2 BLK WMN Hi Jacking Fathers Day For Themselves!
<iframe width="650" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y_iG1Qp8pvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>