Shouting out single mothers on Father's day.. what say you?

Minxy

stewps, single moms' tell eachother happy father's day all the time...i don't, but people say it to me, its really not that serious lol...:drag:

Minxy

stewps, single moms' tell eachother happy father's day all the time...i don't, but people say it to me, its really not that serious lol...:drag:
ur not a single mom, u don't know how hard it is for some...guess they juss wanna take all the credit they can get...again, not that serious :drag:

Poca

From reading the title, I thought that people would go out and shout "single mother" in the street.

Silly me!

Minxy

not lookin for consensus.. u have ur view.others have theirs.. the end.
lol @ the end....my point is UR NOT A SINGLE MOM, so doh worry bout what they do, u zeeit...u could feel its tacky all u want, u cannot relate... wtf is so hard to understand :rolleyes:..

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
my saying the END means if you wanna believe whatever you believe, go ahead. but that's not the way others see it.. and i am not looking for consensus so i dont and wont agree with you and i know lots of people who are single mothers who also feel the same so YOUR view is NOT the only one.. which part of faccking that dont YOU understand!

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
I just find that it takes away from the fathers.

Initially when I first saw it, it was one or two people shouting out their moms and I didn't think anything of it. But in the past couple of years, it just got so prevalent and it comes of as really negative.

On mothers day, I never hear single fathers say to each other happy mother's day or kids say to their dad's happy mother's day. I think single fathers understand and respect the role of a mother and I think they realize that they can do the best that they can as fathers but they cannot replace a mother.

I don't think the same is applied to fathers though. Most of the time when people are shouting out their moms on Father's Day (at least on my FB timeline), it's more like big up to my mother who had to fill in the shoes that the worthless sperm donor of a father was unable to fill.

I find that to be a problem because as a single mom, you may be a supermom, but you can't fill the shoes of a good father.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
I find that to be a problem because as a single mom, you may be a supermom, but you can't fill the shoes of a good father.
this right here is why I find is dumb.

Single mothers are good mothers not good mothers and fathers. Same way a single dad cannot substitute for a mother's presence in a child's life. It belittles the other one's role.
So to me, the only goal of doing such a shout out is to throw shade at men who arent stepping into their roles as father and completely diminishes the fathers/daddies who are in their childrens' lives making a difference. Focus is yet again on the negative.

Minxy

my saying the END means if you wanna believe whatever you believe, go ahead. but that's not the way others see it.. and i am not looking for consensus so i dont and wont agree with you and i know lots of people who are single mothers who also feel the same so YOUR view is NOT the only one.. which part of faccking that dont YOU understand!
i don't see the point of it either, but im not gonna sit there and make a big deal about it because some do it...this has nothing to do with MY view, im saying, u cannot relate so dont judge!

I just find that it takes away from the fathers.

Initially when I first saw it, it was one or two people shouting out their moms and I didn't think anything of it. But in the past couple of years, it just got so prevalent and it comes of as really negative.

On mothers day, I never hear single fathers say to each other happy mother's day or kids say to their dad's happy mother's day. I think single fathers understand and respect the role of a mother and I think they realize that they can do the best that they can as fathers but they cannot replace a mother.

I don't think the same is applied to fathers though. Most of the time when people are shouting out their moms on Father's Day (at least on my FB timeline), it's more like big up to my mother who had to fill in the shoes that the worthless sperm donor of a father was unable to fill.

women that say that to each other do not have the support of a dad...unless a father has custody of or regular weekly visits with the child, they can NEVER fill the shoes of a mother, we don't get time off. If a woman wants to take full credit of raising her child...i don't see what the issue is to others...do u know what it takes to be a super mom? Do u know any super dads? Good dad's get their credit, why should absent dads get any? Cause of the sperm donation?

Any acutal SINGLE moms that think this is adding to the demise of fatherhood? lol

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
the thing is you dont know who is a mom or not, you going on what you THINK you know.. which is nada.. but anyways.. it's not a day for celebrating deadbeats or acknowledging the aftermath of deadbeats.. its a day to celebrate fathers and MALE father figures.. no matter how great a single mother does the job of both parents she'll never be a father.. thats all..

Minxy

the thing is you dont know who is a mom or not, you going on what you THINK you know.. which is nada.. but anyways.. it's not a day for celebrating deadbeats or acknowledging the aftermath of deadbeats.. its a day to celebrate fathers and MALE father figures.. no matter how great a single mother does the job of both parents she'll never be a father.. thats all..
femm doesn't have any, LB doesn't have any, all of a sudden u tryin to play like u have :kicks...i don't know any moms who have active babydaddys that say it...so yea, not acknowledging the dead beat dads is the whole pont :victory: