Shouting out single mothers on Father's day.. what say you?

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
You all seem to be bringing up 2 different points though.
I am not taking on credit where credit is due if you are a single mom raising your children. It is what is and there is no taking away from that.

Its not that deep to me, but the question was posed, and on the surface it comes of as dumb to me to say happy father's day to mothers if the goal is to call out absent fathers. Just call dem on period all the time. But fathers who are good at what they do should have all the focus for a minute.
That would be my opinion with or without kids, ironically because of how my mum emphasized our dad was our dad and she was our mother and the two influences dont switch up.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
i don't see the point of it either, but im not gonna sit there and make a big deal about it because some do it...this has nothing to do with MY view, im saying, u cannot relate so dont judge!

women that say that to each other do not have the support of a dad...

I'm aware that women that say that do not have the support of the father .

unless a father has custody of or regular weekly visits with the child, they can NEVER fill the shoes of a mother, we don't get time off.

I'm also aware that being a parent is a never-ending job

If a woman wants to take full credit of raising her child...i don't see what the issue is to others...

But how does father's day take away credit for what she is doing for her child?? Isn't father's day for the fathers that are doing what they are supposed to do?

do u know what it takes to be a super mom? Do u know any super dads? Good dad's get their credit, why should absent dads get any? Cause of the sperm donation?

I don't know what it takes to be a super mom. I don't know what it takes to be a super dad. But I have a super mom and a super dad. My father can never replace my mom nor can my mother replace my father. It is not a competition.

Any actual SINGLE moms that think this is adding to the demise of fatherhood? lol

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
all of a sudden? the thing is .. and i will repeat.. you do not know.. not everybody puts their life out as an open book.. do you know if i have a business.. do you know what my mother does for a living? do you know if i have older or younger siblings? i'm sure you don't know any of that yet you profess to know aspects of people's lives.. lol.. laughable.

anyways.. back to this topic.. i see another article being shared all over FB.. so clearly its nto an isolated thing if plenty people talkin about this.. '
Single Mothers Please Let Fathers Have Their Day | Lady Reese Speaks

Minxy

but how are they taking away from someone that doesn't exist? Why are they so wrong for wanting to take all the credit when THEY are the one that is soley raising the child?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
You all seem to be bringing up 2 different points though.

I am not taking on credit where credit is due if you are a single mom raising your children. It is what is and there is no taking away from that.

Its not that deep to me, but the question was posed, and on the surface it comes of as dumb to me to say happy father's day to mothers if the goal is to call out absent fathers. Just call dem on period all the time. But fathers who are good at what they do should have all the focus for a minute. That would be my opinion with or without kids, ironically because of how my mum emphasized our dad was our dad and she was our mother and the two influences dont switch up.
and that is what i am saying... if a person feels to hail out THEIR mother then fine.. but the rash of singles who let loose on their baby father and go in.. that's trite..

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
another non single mom :drag:
femm doesn't have any, LB doesn't have any, all of a sudden u tryin to play like u have :kicks...i don't know any moms who have active babydaddys that say it...so yea, not acknowledging the dead beat dads is the whole pont :victory:

so not acknowledging dead beats is the purpose of father's day?

That's news to me.

If I was a single mom, the way for me not to acknowledge deadbeats is to NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THEM lol.

Minxy

all of a sudden? the thing is .. and i will repeat.. you do not know.. not everybody puts their life out as an open book.. do you know if i have a business.. do you know what my mother does for a living? do you know if i have older or younger siblings? i'm sure you don't know any of that yet you profess to know aspects of people's lives.. lol.. laughable.

:kicks :kicks :eek:k: wink wink :kicks...then ur the only mother in the world who doesn't think her kids are worth mentioning

anyways.. back to this topic.. i see another article being shared all over FB.. so clearly its nto an isolated thing if plenty people talkin about this.. '
Single Mothers Please Let Fathers Have Their Day | Lady Reese Speaks
of course not, FB is where u got it from :meeting:...this is not new, but to go as far as to say its causing the demise of fatherhood? com'n son :no2:

Minxy

*sigh* ok, all u non mothers get to tell single mothers how they should feel...whatever floats yuh boat i guess...lol

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
they're not taking away from their deadbeat baby father.. they're taking away from the men who are fathers to their children and the men who play that role in the lives of children in their circles... if you have nothing good to say about your baby father, then be quiet and toot your h orn on mothers' day.. not a SOUL will fault you for that! .. because you're a mother pulling all the load.. but if you're not a father then shout out your brother, uncle, grandfather, cousins, whoever has beent here for your kids and is male!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
and who said i talkina bout the demise of fatherhood???.. why do you always make up your own shit and then argue against it?? wtf?

if peopel shouldnt talk about what they dont know about then you should be MUM on topics concerning black people.. and we know you wont keep your trap shut so there's my answer to that.

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
but how are they taking away from someone that doesn't exist? Why are they so wrong for wanting to take all the credit when THEY are the one that is soley raising the child?
But who is taking the credit away from them?

Who?

Women who are solely raising their kids -- big up to them because I can't even begin to imagine how hard that is.

But they still do not and cannot replace a role of a father. That is not to say that single moms aren't doing a good job or aren't doing the best they can or aren't handling their business but they are not fathers.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
oh man, its about non -mothers vs mothers?I just gave an opinion based on the question and not interested in telling anyone how to feel any more than someone discounting my opinion because I dont have kids. My opinion wont change even with kids.

I wont go the drama route and say its the demise of fatherhood and such because that is crap. I just think this is a sensitive subject in the black community because we have so many absent fathers. They get more press than the good ones. So it really isnt about mothers per se but the lack of consistent male role models. That is the nerve it really is hitting.

Minxy

and who said i talkina bout the demise of fatherhood???.. why do you always make up your own shit and then argue against it?? wtf?

if peopel shouldnt talk about what they dont know about then you should be MUM on topics concerning black people.. and we know you wont keep your trap shut so there's my answer to that.
did i say that u said that? Thats being said all thru the thread chic, relax yuhself...its not always about u :no2:

But who is taking the credit away from them?

Who?

Women who are solely raising their kids -- big up to them because I can't even begin to imagine how hard that is.

But they still do not and cannot replace a role of a father. That is not to say that single moms aren't doing a good job or aren't doing the best they can or aren't handling their business but they are not fathers.
so u really think that a woman is taking the credit of being a father by giving credit to another for being a single mom? :no2:.. thats why im saying allyuh don't understand

oh man, its about non -mothers vs mothers?I just gave an opinion based on the question and not interested in telling anyone how to feel any more than someone discounting my opinion because I dont have kids. My opinion wont change even with kids.

u don't know that, thats my point

I wont go the drama route and say its the demise of fatherhood and such because that is crap. I just think this is a sensitive subject in the black community because we have so many absent fathers. They get more press than the good ones. So it really isnt about mothers per se but the lack of consistent male role models. That is the nerve it really is hitting.
thanku

well then you shouldn't really partake in the black woman conversations
lol...i knew that was coming, y'all are so predictable lol......and i live amongst who and what i speak of, so i know it well :good:

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
no.. it seems like you think that because you are a single mother that your opinion is the only valid one here.. and the fact that you feel that you can talk about black women because you live among them YET want to discredit the opinions of others that you think aren't single mothers is hilarious.. steups.. pure unadulterated folly. smh.. and as for your stupid quip about "your the only mother who thinks her kids are not worth mentioning"... lol.. foolish one.. i know lots of people who do not mention their kids in public online, nor put pics up of them.. if people choose to do that on imix that's them but others would rather not have the peepers jocking to pics of their children... their friends and family know . the end.

i'm going to say it again, there are single mothers that i also see saying that what is happening is distasteful and single mothers have their day in May.. and should leave fathers day to the males.. its not about them and they should quit trying to make it about them and/or their deadbeat baby fathers...

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
did i say that u said that? Thats being said all thru the thread chic, relax yuhself...its not always about u :no2:

so u really think that a woman is taking the credit of being a father by giving credit to another for being a single mom? :no2:.. thats why im saying allyuh don't understand

So what credit is she taking when people are telling her happy father's day?

thanku

lol...because im not a certain color is very different from being a mother...and i live amongst who and what i speak of, so i know it well :good:
How is it different?

You are not black. So you can never know what it is to be black women even while living amongst blacks. Yet you have an opinion on it of which you are entitled to from your experiences as an outsider.

I'm not a single mother. I don't know what it is to be a single mother even while living amongst single mothers. yet i have an opinion on this subject matter of which i'm entitled to as an outsider.

Same rules apply.

Minxy

no.. it seems like you think that because you are a single mother that your opinion is the only valid one here.. and the fact that you feel that you can talk about black women because you live among them YET want to discredit the opinions of others that you think aren't single mothers is hilarious.. steups.. pure unadulterated folly. smh.. and as for your stupid quip about "your the only mother who thinks her kids are not worth mentioning"... lol.. foolish one.. i know lots of people who do not mention their kids in public online, nor put pics up of them.. if people choose to do that on imix that's them but others would rather not have the peepers jocking to pics of their children... their friends and family know . the end.

i'm going to say it again, there are single mothers that i also see saying that what is happening is distasteful and single mothers have their day in May.. and should leave fathers day to the males.. its not about them and they should quit trying to make it about them and/or their deadbeat baby fathers...
i just said like 10 times that i feel the same way! LMAO! But maybe thats because i had a good husband, i have a father, a brother in law, a pain in the ass who loves them... there are plenty women out there who have none of the above and if they want to take full credit for raising their blasted children, SO THE FUK WHAT,,,we all kno that UUUUUUUU don't possibly know anyone that is struggling in the real world :rolleyes:.. and yes, when no one wants to admit that ratchet women exist, i will stand up and say yes they do...what u don't acknowledge is that i say white women, and hispanic women act the same way...but that wouldn't make me into a racist so why would that be pointed out?? :kicks allyuh funny yes :kicks

How is it different?

You are not black. So you can never know what it is to be black women even while living amongst blacks. Yet you have an opinion on it of which you are entitled to from your experiences as an outsider.

I'm not a single mother. I don't know what it is to be a single mother even while living amongst single mothers. yet i have an opinion on this subject matter of which i'm entitled to as an outsider.

Same rules apply.
Did i ever claim to be black? My opinion is from observation...if im seeing the same thing that Tommy, Carlo, and Colo are seeing, i can't speak of it cause im not black? :lol alllllllllrighty then

saying that you can't understand or that u find some reason that they should not feel that way is ridiculous...im a single mom, i don't feel that way, but i can't take that away from others

shouldn't you tell the other one that too, that was mean by the way.
they think im a racist :kicks..di next one have some black in she so she aright lol

femmeayitienne

***//\\***
shouldn't you tell the other one that too, that was mean by the way.
Other one meaning LR??

It was not my intention to be mean at all.

Minx started making this a conversation of mothers vs. non-mothers.

Essentially because I'm not a mother, my point isn't valid and I shouldn't partake in the conversation.

I just pointed the black woman conversations out because others often tell her that she shouldn't participate in those conversations because she isn't black and she feels that she can because of her own personal experiences.

She's doing to the non-mothers what the others were doing to her.