Signs of mental illness..

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
i suffer from depression....therapist wanted to medicate me but i refuse...i know why i am depressed and exactly what it will take to get me through this

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
one of my friends from childhood suffers from some type of psychosis. It is the hardest thing to watch and/or experience.
for a while there it was dangerous to even be around her. But now she understands how important it is to stay on her meds continually.
but growing up we just thought she was "sensitive" it wasnt until she was an adult that it was realized something was really wrong.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
one of my friends from childhood suffers from some type of psychosis. It is the hardest thing to watch and/or experience.
for a while there it was dangerous to even be around her. But now she understands how important it is to stay on her meds continually.
but growing up we just thought she was "sensitive" it wasnt until she was an adult that it was realized something was really wrong.

what types of behavior is indicative of psychosis?

LB

what types of behavior is indicative of psychosis?
for her it starts off looking like she cant handle any type of "pressure" She would fall apart and be crying endlessly due to what looked like small stressors.

then it would look like paranoia - at least for us it did. She would she see things like blood running out of the water taps. That ppl were doing things against her - hers were religious in tone - and she would think she would need to kill or hurt someone before they hurt her. That kind of thing.

I had her stay with me for a few weeks and she was lying and not taking her meds. I had to call her family and say, no I cant do this.

She would wake me up and repeat her fears over and over that her mum/aunt/father/friend was going to kill her some how. But she would be really maniac and happy one moment and then low the next.

To me as a layperson I thought it was a type of bi-polar disorder or schziophrenia but the doctors say its not. It is kind of confusing for me.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
for her it starts off looking like she cant handle any type of "pressure" She would fall apart and be crying endlessly due to what looked like small stressors.

then it would look like paranoia - at least for us it did. She would she see things like blood running out of the water taps. That ppl were doing things against her - hers were religious in tone - and she would think she would need to kill or hurt someone before they hurt her. That kind of thing.

I had her stay with me for a few weeks and she was lying and not taking her meds. I had to call her family and say, no I cant do this.

She would wake me up and repeat her fears over and over that her mum/aunt/father/friend was going to kill her some how. But she would be really maniac and happy one moment and then low the next.

To me as a layperson I thought it was a type of bi-polar disorder or schziophrenia but the doctors say its not. It is kind of confusing for me.
wow...i have never met someone with those types of symptoms...i think my ex has a form of psychosis

he was a compulsive liar, mixed with bouts of paranoia...it was the most frustrating thing, trying to have a conversation with someone that would just make things up out of thin air and run with it..sometimes it was like he would conjure up some issue, or situation that never happened and harp on it like a broken record as if it was truth and gospel....we would go around and around in circles like insanity

i asked him once if he was ever diagnosed with a mental illness, he said "no, i was never diagnosed but that doesn't mean that i don't have one" he admitted that his younger brother who is in his 20s is on Ritalin...so it's quite possible that he does have a problem....i couldn't deal with it...i felt like i was going insane just talking to him sometimes

LB

yes that is what I didnt make too clear. She would lie alot about things mixed with the paranoia. that is why I told her family I cant have her with me. I couldnt trust a single word she was sayig to me and yeah, you are just going in circles trying to reasoning with a person in that state.

plus it just got plain scary when she thought ppl were going to kill her. I had to worry about her hurting me or my family when they were around.

At one point she did try to beat her mum to death and she was committed for the remainder of the year. Its hard because she isnt that kind of person except for when she is really sick. Part of you cant believe what you are seeing or dealing with.

your heart is in it because you care for the person, but like you said, you feel like you are going insane dealing with them!

We spent time together this Christmas and so many times I wanted to cry because I finally have my friend back now that she is staying on her meds.

Doctor's Daughter

Measure ur life with Love
My lil bro has mild schizophrenia and sub normal... Too much to explain but i believe there is a thread that deals with mental illness that opti did.. view that for my trials and the early signs..

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
well i tink plenty people out here are as crazy as a shit house rat... i remember this one dude i know.. man i am convinced that he is insane.. cos he would lie about the randomest shit.. like one day i suprised him at work.. oh yea i was suprised.. to find out he didnt work there anymore.. he said that he did and that the manager was lying on him.. i went back.. they told me he hadnt workrd there for the month.. i say okay.. another time he texted me some crazy messages that pissed me off, i confronted him the next day he claimed it was his roommates who took his phone.. like i started to think.. hmm you always have an excuse.. one day he was tryin to tell me online he had no phone i was like niccccccca i saw you post on fb from an IPHONE! stfu! and let him go.. he was too much of a liar.. too much.. and he had like virtually no affect, i felt like he was a sociopath cos he seemed to have no emotion unless it was to get himself out of some trouble..

Inquistive

well i tink plenty people out here are as crazy as a shit house rat... i remember this one dude i know.. man i am convinced that he is insane.. cos he would lie about the randomest shit.. like one day i suprised him at work.. oh yea i was suprised.. to find out he didnt work there anymore.. he said that he did and that the manager was lying on him.. i went back.. they told me he hadnt workrd there for the month.. i say okay.. another time he texted me some crazy messages that pissed me off, i confronted him the next day he claimed it was his roommates who took his phone.. like i started to think.. hmm you always have an excuse.. one day he was tryin to tell me online he had no phone i was like niccccccca i saw you post on fb from an IPHONE! stfu! and let him go.. he was too much of a liar.. too much.. and he had like virtually no affect, i felt like he was a sociopath cos he seemed to have no emotion unless it was to get himself out of some trouble..
I don't lie.

What's up?

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
what?? what are you talkin about opti.. i never said anything about you.. i dont know you form a can of paint.. this is soembody i know.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
what else are signs of mental illness...

i think when people refer to themselves as any kinda "God" figure.. that's an eye opener to me as well...